The promoter is scamming us

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mirka

Re: The promoter is scamming us

Post by mirka » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:04 pm

The whole Leonard Cohen experience in US is spoiled for me with TicketGouger plots so much that I doubt I will be able to enjoy the concerts. :( :( :(

Right now I'm trying to cancel my VIP package, as I was able to get comparable tickets for 1/3 of the price ($400 vs $1200). TicketMaster people when informed that I'll file a complaint with the relevant authorities changed their position from "the are no refunds" to "we have to contact promoters, it's their decision".
It's been a week and I'm still waiting for their response, I think it's just laughable :razz: :razz:

Sales at TicketMaster are set up so that there is no option in the system for dealing with people wailling to cancel the orders, after telling my story I was being transferred 3 or 4 times, with each sales person tossing me to somebody else like a hot potato.
It took me 1 hr to get to the person who was able to produce anything resembling solution !!

TicketMaster definitely deserves to be investigated for their predatory practices, there is a 'consumer cooling period' in California buying anything, even a car, but NOT TICKETMASTER PRODUCTS !!!
Last edited by mirka on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Heartdog

Post by Heartdog » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:21 pm

You should try being disabled and dealing with TicketMaster! You can't get disabled seats in presale, then when you try during general sale, they're mysteriously gone. I found out during getting various U2 tickets last tour, that TM sells disabled seats to abled body people, and not after a time period, either. Vendors will say they are sold out, but there are disabled seats if they want to buy those, and will sell them to anybody. This has happened to me time and time again. I can't find any for the San Diego or LA shows for Leonard. When I call, I also get tossed around like a hot potato. Really maddening. Every single concert I want to go to is an ordeal. Plus in these smaller venues, the wheelchair seats are always in the far rear, and the only hope of being closer and able to see better is getting an aisle or front seat.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have to try to see a show. I'm perusing Craigslist, where sometimes you can find people selling tickets below face value. I'm on a limited income, and even the cheap seats are seriously expensive for me.
mirka wrote:.
The whole Leonard Cohen experience in US is spoiled for me with TicketGauger plots so much that I doubt I will be able to enjoy the concerts. :( :( :(

Right now I'm trying to cancel my VIP package, as I was able to get comparable tickets for 1/3 of the price ($400 vs $1200). TicketMaster people when informed that I'll file a complaint with the relevant authorities changed their position from "the are no refunds" to "we have to contact promoters, it's their decision".
It's been a week and I'm still waiting for their response, I think it's just laughable :razz: :razz:

Sales at TicketMaster are set up so that there is no option in the system for dealing with people wailling to cancel the orders, after telling my story I was being transferred 3 or 4 times, with each sales person tossing me to somebody else like a hot potato.
It took me 1 hr to get to the person who was able to produce anything resembling solution !!

TicketMaster definitely deserves to be investigated for their predatory practices, there is a 'consumer cooling period' in California buying anything, even a car, but NOT TICKETMASTER PRODUCTS !!!
margaret

Post by margaret » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:49 pm

Heartdog,

I have found it is a waste of time trying to get disabled seats through ticketmaster etc. The way to get them is to contact the actual concert venue and book direct with them if you can find a phone number or email address.
mirka

Post by mirka » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:52 am

I'm sorry to hear it, Heartdog.
It doesn't help in this particular case, but since you have experience this is their practice, you could file a complaint, they deserve any and all complaints.
I understand disabled people here in California have pretty good representation ( :?: ) (for example here http://www.pai-ca.org/)
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Heartdog

Post by Heartdog » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:48 am

Interesting your bring up PAI. I've asked them for help regarding some access disputes with my Service dog, and it seems they quite often don't have the resources to help. Sign of the times. I think they take on large battles, though. I know a few attorneys, and one mentioned there has been litigation with Ticketmaster about disability issues. They've done numerous things that are questionable in that department.

When I was seeing U2 last tour, I persisted with complaining to them, until I did get a somewhat helpful higher up, who made things right. That was a fiasco for everyone for that presale, too. But I tell ya, I'll never get back the time it took to get to that person. I should have made notes of some of the comments I got from representatives on the phone. You could often tell they were just making stuff up.

But obstacles are good for us :) In fact, a favorite t-shirt of mine says "The Obstacle is the Path" :)
mirka wrote:I'm sorry to hear it, Heartdog.
It doesn't help in this particular case, but since you have experience this is their practice, you could file a complaint, they deserve any and all complaints.
I understand disabled people here in California have pretty good representation ( :?: ) (for example here http://www.pai-ca.org/)
Walsh75

Post by Walsh75 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:05 am

What did I tell you?.

Got news on the Micheal Jackson tour (also promoted by AEG) just the other day. As I expected, Jackson is already saying he needs to postpone the first few shows at the O2 in London. They were set to start in July.

He claims his reason this time is he needs more reherasal time.

I'm still betting all the dates don't even take place 100% If ticket buyers are lucky they'll get one or two shows out of him. No doubt we'll see pics of him in a wheelchair again at somepoint too.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”