I'm so sad - got awful tickets for Victoria concert

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
islandglo

I'm so sad - got awful tickets for Victoria concert

Post by islandglo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:01 pm

I had my neighbor hitting redial on the phone and I was on the computer - site wouldn't let me in and phone was busy busy busy.......when I finally got in all the good seats were gone - I almost don't want to go now - won't be much of a concert in the nosebleeds. I couldn't do the presale cause I needed 3 tickets....
I'm really sad - this is my one and only chance to see him.......sorry, just had to vent. If you couldn't get tickets contact me - these ones may be for sale - have to talk to the 2 other folks first. :cry:
I so wanted to be near the stage.....
TheWalrus

Re: I'm so sad - got awful tickets for Victoria concert

Post by TheWalrus » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:03 pm

If you want to see Leonard Cohen live this may very well (and in all likelihood will) be your last chance. Nose-bleed section or not I think you should go. You'll regret it otherwise.
da2008

Post by da2008 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:06 pm

I second that. Who cares - just go to the concert!! All of my tickets are in nosebleeds, so what!
islandglo

Post by islandglo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:20 pm

I don't go to many concerts and but I have got stuck in the nosebleeds once before - it sucked. You couldn't see - couldn't hear.....I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point - I've always hoped to be able to actually SEE Leonard but....I won't be able to see him from these seats. I'm just bummed righted now - I'll probably go as it will be the last chance - I just can't help feeling really sad right now. I wanted to see his face.....
giddi

Post by giddi » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:25 pm

there's no reason to be sad. i'm depressed because i have a feeling i won't be able to get tickets for the NYC concert again, the only one I can go to. If I had any tickets I would be happy. The feeling that I won't get any tickets again is depressing. You're lucky.
TheWalrus

Post by TheWalrus » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:28 pm

giddi wrote:there's no reason to be sad. i'm depressed because i have a feeling i won't be able to get tickets for the NYC concert again, the only one I can go to. If I had any tickets I would be happy. The feeling that I won't get any tickets again is depressing. You're lucky.
Exactly. Take a pair of binoculars, watch the screen, you'll be able to hear just fine. I've been to a few concerts in the nose-bleeds. I always loved it. Sure you can't see every chord being played, but, really, the visceral experience is what you're after, and you'll get that whether you're in the worst seats or the best seats.
bellebottoms

Post by bellebottoms » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:03 pm

hey Islandglo!

What are the awful seat numbers that you got?

bellebottoms
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Post by Iconoclastic_Bitch » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:26 am

islandglo, I understand where you're coming from. I'm in Vancouver and last week I bought pre-sale tickets, and they were crap seats and I was so bummed and wasn't sure if I would go if it meant sitting so far away. This morning I was lucky enough to buy 2 more tickets, but these ones are far better, only a few rows back from the stage, on the main floor. However, I was at Ticketmaster 2 hours before it opened and was first in line. I researched the different retail outlets and went to one in a very small, quiet city where there would be fewer people. My advice to anyone who is planning on buying tickets on the day they go on sale is 1) Forget about trying to call, you'll have little chance of even getting through and 2) Don't bother trying to buy them online either cuz you likely won't be able to even GET on the site. For example, my tickets were processed and paid within about 45 seconds, like SO FAST. The person next in line was processed within a few seconds right after me and their tickets were TWENTY ONE rows back from mine, so they sold REALLY fast.
Leonard Cohen is my soulmate.
da2008

Post by da2008 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 am

some good points in the post above, but maybe not so pink next time, ok? kind of hurts my eyes
Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:59 am

I was in the 'nosebleeds' at the O2 in London and it was magical.
Looking down on the whole gathering was quite spirital.
The sound was perfect and no one moved out their seats..unlike some on the flat.

I don't know if there are big screens at the Victoria concert but whether there are or not...don't miss it!
Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
Therona

Post by Therona » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:13 am

I was way back when he played at birmingham UK, November and despite that it still felt intimate - so dont worry about crap seats - The atmosphere will more than make up for it. :D
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:38 am

I was lucky to get good seats for the Montreal concert and great seats for New York (The Beacon). I live in Vancouver, and I'm happy to be going to both Vancouver and Victoria concerts. Not the best (or even second best) seats for either of them, but Leonard gives so much to the audience in his concerts, you will be assured of an extraordinary experience no matter how far from the stage you're seated.

Plus I'd feel like a traitor if I didn't support his concert in my own home town(s)!
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Post by Iconoclastic_Bitch » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:30 am

da2008 wrote:some good points in the post above, but maybe not so pink next time, ok? kind of hurts my eyes
Oh poo, you're no fun. Haven't you heard? Pink is the new black!
Leonard Cohen is my soulmate.
da2008

Post by da2008 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:17 pm

it was three years ago...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:14 pm

islandglo wrote:I had my neighbor hitting redial on the phone and I was on the computer - site wouldn't let me in and phone was busy busy busy.......when I finally got in all the good seats were gone - I almost don't want to go now - won't be much of a concert in the nosebleeds. I couldn't do the presale cause I needed 3 tickets....
I'm really sad - this is my one and only chance to see him............

My advice - as a veteran of several arena shows in the UK - is go to the concert. Don't worry that your seats are in the back corner or wherever. The evening is such magic that you will soon have forgotten that you are in the nosebleeds. The atmosphere alone is worth the ticket price, as is the thrill of a unique shared experience, never mind the sheer joy that the almost 3 hour concert will bring. If the show is in a large arena you will almost certainly have some large screens to watch so you will be able to see what is going on, and you could always invest in some binoculars.

I never thought I would ever enjoy a Leonard Cohen concert at the 23,000 seater O2 arena in London. In fact, many UK fans chose not to attend the O2 shows for this very reason. In the end, I went because I did not want to waste an opportunity to see Leonard, and I was totally wrong. The evidence (Leonard Cohen Live in London) comes out at the end of the month.

Enjoy the show!

Wendy

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”