Red Rocks concert

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sturgess66

Re: Red Rocks concert

Post by sturgess66 »

burningviolin wrote:
sturgess66 wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! It is fascinating to watch the lighting on the stage - and the darkening sky - and the changes on stage -and the images on the jumbo screen - but it is torture too. *Sigh* Wish I were there!

I am listening to the Beacon download.
Here's a just uploaded audio boo of the real thing!!

http://audioboo.fm/boos/27723
La-la-la-la Lah!!!!

How cool! 8)

Thank you! :D

And - it was a Burning Violin Boo!! :D
mutti

Post by mutti »

love the boo...
its getting dark there...is it raining?
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Here's a capture of the webcam before and during the concert. I've time-lapsed it into six minutes of video.
Let me know what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfP1LLfOaDk
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

That's brilliant! Thanks Brightnow. I saw some of the soundcheck but gave up on the idea of watching the concert on the webcam when I realised that it started at 3.00 am UK time so it's great to have the opportunity to experience just a little bit of the actual show.

Wendy
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

brightnow wrote:Here's a capture of the webcam before and during the concert. I've time-lapsed it into six minutes of video.

Brightnow you are brilliant! How come some people are so clever at technology stuff...! :D
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

brightnow wrote:Here's a capture of the webcam before and during the concert. I've time-lapsed it into six minutes of video.

Thank you so much for this. Here is what I think. I think it is wonderful!! And thanks for doing it as a "thank you" on behalf of his fans. I just posted it on Leonard Cohen's FaceBook page.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Everyone...

I just arrived back in Michigan about an hour ago. Will write more tomorrow about one of the most amazing concerts I have ever attended (and that includes several other LC concerts!).

Within minutes after entering the venue with my friend Dave, I noticed Roscoe Beck wandering around the upper level. He immediately remembered my name, which totally blew me away (when you meet 100's of people in dozens of cities, how many first names would you remember?), but he was so gracious and as silly as this sounds, since I've talked with him a couple of times I sort of feel like a "friend"...yep, silly, I know. Anyhow, Roscoe walked me over to the amphitheatre overlook and said that 2 days earlier there had been up to 2" of water on the stage (good for electrocutions!) but he was very positive about the weather for the evening of the 4th. He was waiting the arrival of his sister. He is so personable and down to earth! But, then again, I would think anyone involved with Leonard would be that way.

Had 2 missed sightings of the Webb sister's parents; however, because of that, met and photographed 2 lovely couples who seemed to fit the bill :D

SO wonderful to spend time with Mary and George...Lizzy..Denise...Roman...Lori....Bonnie...AND, so sad to have such a shortened time with our wonderful, beautiful Kelsey, and Greg Ross (all the way from OZ!). Greg, if you are reading this I have much more to say to you....will come possibly as another post and also a private email!

Jackson! How wonderful to talk with you for even just a couple of minutes. I am SO impressed with you! Your family must be so proud.

Chicano! I think we gave Leonard the welcome we wanted to show him! Thanks for all your enthusiasm!

More tomorrow.....off to bed now....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

All the best,
Diana

ps..Roman, more to you also tomorrow. You are so wonderful! Thanks for everything! Watch for your PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM...remember those? ;-)
Last edited by ladydi on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Novabella....

Where were you? I would have loved to have met you. Simply so happy that you were also able to experience the moment that we all did at Red Rocks!

Take care,
Diana
rmura

Post by rmura »

Would anyone know where I might get a recording of the Red Rocks concert? I've checked dime and didn't find it there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ron

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”