Find, sell or swap US/Can Tour tickets here

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Find, sell or swap US/Can Tour tickets here

Post by jarkko »

This thread is for our members who:
- want to find tickets to the sold-out concerts
- have extra tickets and want to sell them
- want to swap tickets.

NOTE: our presales were based on WILL CALL only. This means that those presale tickets cannot be re-sold. The original buyer has to pick them up on the concert day at the box office, and show his ID and the credit card used. Tickets bought through other channels may be transferable. So make sure to explain/find out the nature of the tickets offered in this thread to avoid any disappointments!

This thread is not for any scalpers/touts. Any commercial messages will be removed. All who sell tickets have to do it with the original price (plus costs)

Note: if you are interested in any offer/request here, it will be best to send a PM or email to the person in question.

Please go back to your message if you have found/sold your ticket, and delete its contents (you cannot delete the whole message; it will be done by the moderators). This way the members will know which messages in this thread are still valid!

Messages with other contens will be deleted to keep this thread as clear as possible!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
leonardmtl

Re: Find, sell or swap US/Can Tour tickets here

Post by leonardmtl »

Jarkko,

You are remarkable in your efficiency and determination to make sure the ticket access process works fairly.

I am sure all Forum member salute you for these untiring efforts........and all the recipients will adore you!

Leonard from Montreal....same name...same town....no Golden Voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Let me be the first one to inquire about any extras to the Radio City Music Hall Show on May 16. I've got all of my travel plans sorted out, which probably means that I won't get any tickets. Looking for two, don't have to be together. Thank you!!
da2008

Post by da2008 »

PS It is a serious post. Doesn't mean I won't be trying on Monday and Saturday and whenever the public on-sale is
Rubiao

Austin show

Post by Rubiao »

If anyone wound up with 2 extra tickets to the Austin show, I would love to attend. It is the last of my bucket list concerts. I signed on what I thought was half an hour early and turned out to be half an hour late. Please please please please please.

Reply here so you don't get forwarded to junk, or try my e-mail: cudan22@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Daniel
sharong

Post by sharong »

i agree with Da2000...

I want to line up my duck for a single for Radio City incase I am iced out of presale and Amex sale.

Just one ticket is all I need
wittykat

Post by wittykat »

I am looking for really good seats (close by) for GM Place (and maybe even Victoria or Seattle). I'm looking for either a single amazing seat at any price lever, two great seats together at any price level, or four pretty decent seats at the $98 price level. Or six, at the $98 price level that are pretty good.
Pomona

Looking for Boston ticket

Post by Pomona »

EDIT: Looking for one perfect PIT seat for Saturday, May 30th.
Last edited by Pomona on Sat May 30, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
May 4 1985 Berklee Boston / Feb 19 2009 Beacon NYC / May 29 2009 Wang Boston / June 4 2009 Red Rocks / Dec 15 2012 Wang Boston
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Miracles do sometimes happen, so it can't hurt to ask...

I'm looking for a great single seat to the Seattle show. Section B,C, or D, rows 1-15? (I know, I know, I'm dreaming...) I do have a seat 23 rows back already, but since this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see him, I'd love to be in the first 15 rows. I've tried all the presales, but with this slow connection, I'm just not getting the best seats, or maybe they don't even exist, who knows!

So, if anyone finds they're not able to use their incredible ticket, please give me a shout. I would be truly, truly, truly grateful!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Arturo00

Post by Arturo00 »

Hey Folks, is there an Ottawa presale? I saw something about a Best Buy presale on ticketmaster, but is there one through this site?

Thanks!

Arturo.....

***There was, on Wednesday! / Jarkko***
linben

Post by linben »

IS that the same story for Kingston?
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava »

A question about Will Call: a friend bought two decent tickets at the fan pre-sale for the Ottawa 25 May show. These seats are okay, but she wanted to see if she could get better seats at the AMEX presale, and she did. Her plan was to sell (at face value of course) her Will Call tickets to friends or forum members, and attend the concert with them - ie, give them the tickets at the concert and do the exchange there. Is this possible? If not, she will sadly sell her AMEX tickets (the better seats), which are not Will Call. Thanks for any advice.
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.
Pomona

Post by Pomona »

Sochijava: I don't see why this couldn't happen. She simply needs to pick up the fan pre-sale tickets w/her photo ID and credit card, then give them to the purchasers prior to entering the concert hall. Anyone can use the fan pre-sale tickets - they just need to be picked up at the box office by the actual purchaser.
May 4 1985 Berklee Boston / Feb 19 2009 Beacon NYC / May 29 2009 Wang Boston / June 4 2009 Red Rocks / Dec 15 2012 Wang Boston
nickmed

Post by nickmed »

I also wonder about selling fan pre-sale tickets. I got a single ticket to the Boston show Orchestra Center Row V. A friend of mine has a contact to get better seats so I will likely want to sell my pre-sale single but don't know how I can sell it since I won't receive the ticket until I go to will call just before the show. I guess there would have to be a lot of trust from the buyer and seller to a comittment to the deal. Any thoughts on this?

Nick
Pomona

Post by Pomona »

Hey Nick - This really is a tough one. I've given it a great deal of thought since Feb. 25th when I, too, purchased a Boston ticket which was not as great a seat as I'd hoped for. I figured I would try to find a closer seat, and if I found one (which I have not) I would sell the one I bought at the pre-sale. However, the trust thing is huge. Either the Buyer or the Seller has to take a risk and deal with 2 months of anxiety.

If the Seller demands payment up front, then the Buyer pays now and has 2 months to worry about whether or not the Seller will really meet them at the Box Office, as promised, to hand over the ticket.

If the Seller agrees to wait, and receive payment at the Box Office, then the anxiety is placed on the Seller. What if the Buyer is held up in traffic or can't find the Theatre or changes their mind & doesn't inform you? How long does the Seller wait before frantically trying to sell the ticket to someone on the street? A possible solution to this scenario would be to make an agreement that the Buyer & Seller must meet an hour prior to the Box Office opening. If the Buyer does not show up at the appointed time, all bets are off & the Seller has an hour to sell on the street (an hour, assuming that the Seller is first in line when the Box Office opens an hour prior to the show).

If it were me as the Seller (which it would be) I'd be very hesitant to wait for payment at the Box Office because I would not want to risk being in the position of possibly having to sell the ticket on the street, in the event that the Buyer is a no-show. For me, having to negotiate and sell the ticket within 20 or 30 minutes would be highly stressful, and that's not how I want my magical evening to begin. But that's just me. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would have no qualms about hitting the pavement and hawking their wares.

Well, that's how I've thought it out. For the past 4 days I've thought about nothing other than how I can possibly find a better seat, and how I could then sell my Pre-Sale seat with a minimum of anxiety. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”