Find, sell or swap US/Can Tour tickets here

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
FeliciaBOS

Re: Find, sell or swap US/Can Tour tickets here

Post by FeliciaBOS »

For those in Boston, check your ticket receipt. It states that Will Call tickets can be picked up prior to the show -- in fact starting the day after they were purchased (unless otherwise indicated). So it appears that you can go to the Wang and pick up your tickets anytime the box office is open. You might want to call first in case the "unless otherwise indicated" clause is in effect. I don't know if this is the case at other venues. Felicia

P.S. Thanks to the poster who stated that the NPR podcast was available. What a wonderful treat!
FeliciaBOS

Post by FeliciaBOS »

Just saw that another poster on another link said that Boston tickets cannot be picked up until the day of the show. so I guess that clause is in effect. Sorry, Felicia
Pomona

Post by Pomona »

Yes, Felicia, I also noted that the receipt states "unless otherwise indicated..." so I called the Wang (617) 482-9393 and was told I could pick it up any time. I pushed further by stating that I was pretty sure I had to wait until the night of the concert, but I was told again, "You can pick it up on Feb. 27th at 10AM."

On Feb. 27th I called again & was told that I could pick it up directly. Because I have a lot of time on my hands, and have been given a lot of mis-information by phone operatives over the years, I decided to call one last time. This time the Sales Associate put me on hold for quite a while, and when she returned she stated that the earliest I could pick up the ticket was 30 MINUTES(!) prior to the show. Huh? At that point I suggested that perhaps an hour prior was possible. No. She repeated that 30 minutes prior to the show is the earliest these particular Will Call gems can be retrieved. I told her it would seem to be impossible that everyone with a Will Call ticket will be able to show 2 forms of ID and still have time for all of us to get in to the show before 8:00. Alas, she scoffed :? and said that 30 minutes was plenty of time.
May 4 1985 Berklee Boston / Feb 19 2009 Beacon NYC / May 29 2009 Wang Boston / June 4 2009 Red Rocks / Dec 15 2012 Wang Boston
nickmed

Post by nickmed »

Pomona

Thanks for your input. I'm in agreement that there would be too much anxiety to sell a $198 ticket 30 minutes before showtime if the buyer doesn't show (who knows they may have found a better seat at a better price out on the street). This is a tough call but I would require at least half deposit up front from the buyer. I'd be interested if anyone has ever done this sort of ticket sale for any other show and if it worked out well for both parties

Thanks
Nick
Verite

Post by Verite »

BOSTON: Two tickets to Boston, row FF, seats 5-7. Available at price on the ticket plus mailing costs. I'm back and forth from Pennsylvania and Boston, and when I was having trouble with Philly website (what a mess that was), I picked up Bos tix. Finally ended up with Philly tix and no longer need Bos tix and will sell at face value + postage.
ratbaby

NEVER MIND! Thanks for the 2nd Chicago Show, Mr. Cohen

Post by ratbaby »

:D
Last edited by ratbaby on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foxglove

Post by foxglove »

Looking for two tickets to the Calgary concert. They went on sale at 10:00 this morning; by 10:05 there were "none available". Go figure.
jcvessey

Post by jcvessey »

Hi there -- if anyone has 2 extras for oakland on 4/13, I'd love to take them off your hands.. I'm moving to the bay area in a few weeks and was furiously refreshing the browser at the stroke of 10am PST, but immediately got shut out.. tried again and again but could never pull up 2 tickets! So annoying.. please PM me if you happen to have a couple extras! thanks!
TheWalrus

Post by TheWalrus »

foxglove - they're still selling tickets in Edmonton. If you can make the trip north on that Saturday show you should be able to get something still.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

SOLD

SINGLE SEATTLE TICKET

Seat location: section SEC C, row 23, seat 1
Total Charge: US $ 121.05 (I bought this one through the presale - so will not have in hand until will-call. But, I'm very trustworthy and would meet you there!)

Hope someone can use it!

Enjoy the show everyone!
Last edited by KaimiK on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
NYC79

Post by NYC79 »

Hi Guys,

I was able to get 2 amex presale tickets for Radio City NYC Sat May 16th show. There didnt seem to be many tickets available for presale and I was only able to scoop up the single pair.

Ill be trying again for fanclub and for general sale but ideally looking one more (but will take 2 if sold as a pair) close to my current seats - Orchestra 6 ZZ.

Will consider a swap of my pair for 3 or 4 + some cash.
Bob R

Post by Bob R »

Boston show ----Hi all-- Would love to get two (2) good seats, Orchestra preferred, to the Boston show May 29th-- I got my wife & I two tickets at the presale, but have two sons who are huge Leonard fans and would love to able to take them to the show-- tried to get tickets this morning and had no luck at all.
Please keep me in mind if you decide you cant make the show !
Thanks
stefaniesada

Post by stefaniesada »

Hi all,

Looking for two orchestra level seats for Oakland show on 4/13--no luck whatsoever with the presales :-(, but still optimistic!

Many Thanks!!!!
mutti

Post by mutti »

this message has been deleted.
Last edited by mutti on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
kenklein3BL

Post by kenklein3BL »

I have 2 tickets for May 12 Academy of Music in Philadelphia. I bought during the presale and my wife also got 2,
they are the $175 seats just above the orchestra seating.

cost plus the box office phone service charge which i think was $10. the tickets are available at the box office the day of the concert. i would be happy to meet up 2 hours before the gig for the exchange
Ken Klein
Kenklein1@yahoo.com

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”