Kingston 5/22

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
telephonedancer

Kingston 5/22

Post by telephonedancer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Wow- that was easy! FLR2, Row 17, right in front of the stage! Oh joy! Oh rapture! After 40 years of waiting (I was a "Songs of Leonard Cohen" and "Beautiful Losers" inductee in the late 60's) I'm finally going to get to see The Man! I even made a pilgrimage to Montreal in 1969 to see the holy sites. I had started to think I was going to have to go to Europe to catch a concert- if he was ever going to tour again. Is this cool or what!

I'm in Oswego NY- if the earth wasn't so danged curved I could see Kingston across the lake from here .

Sincere and deeply-felt thanks to everyone connected to this who made our presale possible.
Cate

Re: Kingston 5/22

Post by Cate » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Is this cool or what!
It's cool!

Telephonedancer - I love your name.
So is this your first concert then?
Oh boy.
We once went for a drive on Wolf Island and at the end of the Island was tiny ferry going to the States. So we went (this was pre passport/photo id days) and had lunch in a small town very close to there - was that you, I mean is that where you are?
KittenKatinCanada

Post by KittenKatinCanada » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:54 pm

telephonedancer wrote:Wow- that was easy! FLR2, Row 17, right in front of the stage! Oh joy! Oh rapture! After 40 years of waiting (I was a "Songs of Leonard Cohen" and "Beautiful Losers" inductee in the late 60's) I'm finally going to get to see The Man! I even made a pilgrimage to Montreal in 1969 to see the holy sites. I had started to think I was going to have to go to Europe to catch a concert- if he was ever going to tour again. Is this cool or what!

I'm in Oswego NY- if the earth wasn't so danged curved I could see Kingston across the lake from here .

Sincere and deeply-felt thanks to everyone connected to this who made our presale possible.
So glad you were able to get Kingston tickets - I am in FLR1, Row 16. I saw Leonard in Toronto on June 07, 2008 - it was truly a dream come true. I too have been a Leonard Cohen fan for years - started when his poetry was required reading in my High School Canadian Literature class (34 years ago . . . ouch!). The concert in Toronto was simply magnificent - be prepared to shed a tear (I did) as you will be deeply moved seeing this wonderful gentle man in person. I never believed I would have the opportunity to see Leonard Cohen in concert - twice in one year makes me feel truly blessed. A million thank yous to those on this board who have made this possible. Kingston is only a short 45 minute drive for me and I can hardly wait until May 22. It's a beautiful city . . . It will be a beautiful concert . . . Enjoy!
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello, I am going to Kingston as well /all the way from Europe/ and can´t wait. Almost three months, huh. Anyway, hope to see you there. I am in FLR 2, row 6, seat 11 / really nice ticket - thanks Jarkko/. Vlasta

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”