Seattle Tickets

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mutti

Re: Seattle Tickets

Postby mutti » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:07 am

section A row 9 seat 3
husband is sitting somewhere completely different..
I just saw a concert at Kirkland Performance Center of a friend of mine also Canadian Harry manx
and sat in row 3 on the right...almost the same situation but a much smaller venue of course
but I think it will be great to not use binoculars and be so close even
if we aren't in center.
I think its a good seat..yours are even better as they are closer to center.
Lucky us
I wonder how the general sale will go..not sure if too many people in Seattle actually know Leonard so maybe there will be lots more tickets for folks.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
missPDX

Postby missPDX » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 pm

I wonder how the general sale will go..not sure if too many people in Seattle actually know Leonard so maybe there will be lots more tickets for folks.

LOL! Believe me, IF there are any tickets left at general sale time they will go fast. People south of Vancouver BC and north of San Francisco most definitely know who Leonard is. That's a lot of miles and alot of people.
TheGhost1

Postby TheGhost1 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:29 pm

ANYONE HAVE WORSE SEATS THEN ME?

Mine are in section AA, row 6.
:shock:
danf

Postby danf » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 pm

I am in CC, row 12. $99 tickets, so, yeah, I have worse seats than you and it appears I paid more for them.

(trying not to be bitter about this)

From what I have seen, WAMU is the WORST venue on this tour.
mutti

Postby mutti » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:27 pm

I would suggest if you live in Seattle and can take some time off work..
take the clipper to Victoria for the show on the 21st
that is if tickets are still for sale.
Its still a hockey rink venue but not as big as Vancouver or Seattle (I think)
and very easy to get around...
1988 Vancouver
missPDX

Postby missPDX » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:51 pm

by danf on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:48 pm

I am in CC, row 12. $99 tickets, so, yeah, I have worse seats than you and it appears I paid more for them.

(trying not to be bitter about this)

I am finding that their are orchestra seats available. Try this code for the Am X presale: 8003272177
Worked for me today.
danf

Postby danf » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Do you need an AMEX card?

And, then I have two extra tickets to try to sell, which could be problematic.
Casey

Postby Casey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:13 am

danf wrote:Do you need an AMEX card?

And, then I have two extra tickets to try to sell, which could be problematic.
I found that takethiswaltz works as a password at the moment anyway. I don't know if any special card is needed.
Manaia

Postby Manaia » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:17 am

You can still buy them on presale with the AEG password " takethiswaltz " . I just picked up 2 seats in Section E, Row 25. Not too bad....I guesss.and since they were the 99 plus fee ones...that is probably still cheaper than what the scalpers will charge.

However, this being Seattle it is generally pretty easy to find tickets to shows/events here closer to the time of performance for not too unreasonable prices. Heck, I got 20 dollar tickets to the Police a few years back and people were giving away Rolling Stones tickets which had a face value of close to $200.00/ticket!!

There are a lot of parasitic scalpers in this region unfortunately. And it is also true, this venue does suck.

I went ahead and bought tickets anyways, just to be safe. And I do not want to miss this concert for anything.

Finally, although the Moore Hotel has been recommended by previous posters, be warned that they have a fairly strict policy regarding guests and # of occupants per room. The area it is in has a lot of transients/downtown homeless/crackheads. It is about a mile and a half walk from the Theatre...straight up 1st avenue, then turn right at the Virginia Inn and it is on the corner of 2nd and Virginia. The semi-lobby bar is the NiteLite which is one of the last remaining classics left in downtown Seattle.

AS always for HOtels you best bet is probably to do a priceline "Name your own Price" 4 * hotel..downtown area...I wouldnt go for any of the 2 - 3 star budget hotels...you can probably get a room for under $100.00 that way in a place that is decent. Seattle is a very manageable city overall. Any hotel in the downtown area is going to be close enough to the theatre to walk to or take a short taxi ride.
Manaia

Postby Manaia » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:21 am

Another word of advice, as appealling as it may seem, avoid the walking through the downtown alleyways at all costs.
mmmHmmm

Postby mmmHmmm » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:52 am

Regarding hotels: I would agree that with a child, the neighborhood around the Moore is not the best. Just choose any downtown mega-hotel chain and you'll probably get a big building with a big safe lobby and a comfortable room. There isn't much around the concert venue, and nothing to do on foot with a child, so you'll be staying downtown and taking a cab or a bus to the concert. So, choose a hotel in a nice area. Depending on your finances and the length of time you're staying, you could splurge on a room at the Inn at the Market, which has much to do on foot during the day.

DOES ANYONE GOING TO THE SEATTLE SHOW WANT TO MEET UP IN THE EVENING BEFORE THE CONCERT?

David
Two tickets in the middle of Section C, row 20, $99 each at the crack of 10AM. We are bummed we couldn't get better at any cost short of $550 each.
Casey

Postby Casey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:40 pm

mmmHmmm wrote: DOES ANYONE GOING TO THE SEATTLE SHOW WANT TO MEET UP IN THE EVENING BEFORE THE CONCERT?
Yeah, I would be up for that for sure. But I am not familiar with the places in the vicinity of the theater, so others will have to make suggestions.
KaimiK

Postby KaimiK » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:28 pm

We won't be getting into town until the day of the concert, so we'll miss any get-togethers - wish we could meet you all though! I ended up getting a room for us at the Silver Cloud, which I hear is just across the street from the venue. My dh is still nervous about me walking alone, but I'm guessing there will be enough people heading that way after the concert, walking across the street should be pretty safe!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Casey

Postby Casey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:10 pm

I am sure it will be completely safe at that time. There will indeed be tons of people there, and I suspect a number of them will be going to the same hotel as you are after the concert! There are certainly some venues that one should be nervous around alone at night, but this one luckily should be fine with the large number of people that will be there. It is well lit too. The immediately adjacent area is kept pretty nice looking, after all, it is part of two major stadiums.
mutti

Postby mutti » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:25 am

KaimiK wrote:We won't be getting into town until the day of the concert, so we'll miss any get-togethers - wish we could meet you all though! I ended up getting a room for us at the Silver Cloud, which I hear is just across the street from the venue. My dh is still nervous about me walking alone, but I'm guessing there will be enough people heading that way after the concert, walking across the street should be pretty safe!
I think the Silver cloud is perfect for your needs..i was going to suggest it..its one minute or less from the concert...
If you are in town longer then you can always move hotels for the other nights but if you are here only for the one night you will safe and its perfect.
1988 Vancouver

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”