Columbia, Md. - May 11

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ammdad

Re: Columbia, Md. - May 11

Post by ammdad » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:42 pm

My thanks to the forum. I was able get tickets thru the fans presale.
FYI, the American Express presale is now ongoing.
a.ephroni

Post by a.ephroni » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Okay, I said last night that I would post the phone number for MD Ticketmaster office in case anyone else is trying to upgrade their tickets. It's 800-527-6384. Peace...
cykrivera

Post by cykrivera » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:39 am

I got my $99.50 ticket for Columbia, MD on Monday a.m. It's not gonna be the best seat I've ever had, but with things how they are, I just couldn't afford anything higher. I did save money by leaving my husband at home though! I really didn't want to go with anyone if they weren't going to be as crazy excited as I am about seeing Leonard Cohen. I've been to concerts at Merriweather before, The place isn't massive, so I think that any of the seats will be decent. It's a thrill just to be in his presence anyway I suspect. I look forward to all of the upcoming posts and am excited to see if anyone plans a get together for the Columbia show. Love to all.

p.s. - runwhiteyrun, sounds like we'll be almost seat mates. Im center, row v, seat 111
runwhiteyrun06

Post by runwhiteyrun06 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 am

Cykrivera,
I'm 132. I wish I was more towards the middle though. I'm going to have to be constantly getting up for people that walk in the row; I think I'm 2nd to the last from the end. We're only 2 rows in front of the soundboard and box seats, I hope that doesn't have any negative impact. I really want the concert to go perfectly lol. :D

I've always had lawn seats at Merriweather, so I'm pretty excited to finally sit under the pavillion.
dvikib

Post by dvikib » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:16 am

I could only afford the cheapest under cover seats which were $69.50 in Columbia. However, I am so happy
to have seats and be in the same venue as Leonard. Thanks so much, Jarkko, for everything you do for all of
us on a regular basis. You're the best!
Kurt W

Post by Kurt W » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Mary,
I said LF D but meant RF D. The time I saw them was right around 10:38 or so. I was scribbling down the seats and times; they just kept marching back down the rows and every once in a while a great set just popped up. I emailed ticketmaster asking about upgrading and they responded; if I see anything good today I may call them. So far today, the AMEX seats are behind mine.....but, interestingly, there is a very accomodating scalper with a pair of RF D seats on ebay for $699.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:05 pm

a.ephroni wrote:Okay, I said last night that I would post the phone number for MD Ticketmaster office in case anyone else is trying to upgrade their tickets. It's 800-527-6384. Peace...
I'm so confused... I got a good seat in Seattle, but a seat 14 row up showed up a few minutes later. I called this number 3 different times and spoke to 3 different people who all said that they can never upgrade presale tickets. I was as sweet as pie and they seemed willing to help if they could. Did you upgrade after the regular tickets went on sale??? Any other ideas?
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
PrettyKitties

Post by PrettyKitties » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:53 am

I called the number also to try & upgrade - but no dice. Oh well, I'm still excited about seeing L. Cohen & I really appreciated Jarkko's efforts. There was an article in the NY Times about him today if anyone is interested. If anyone is interested in meeting at the concert, count me in.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/25/arts/ ... hen&st=cse
a.ephroni

Post by a.ephroni » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:24 am

Well, I don't know what to say. I bought two tickets during the first moments of the fan club presale (my husband did the same). Then, when we saw that much better seats were being offered later the same day (still in the presale), I called the national number, got given the MD number, and called there. As I said, they told me that indeed, tickets are nonexchangeable, nonrefundable, etc.... and then proceded to ask me for my confirmation number and to make the upgrade for me, recharging my credit card for more money. When I look at the Ticketmaster website now, the new, better seats are what shows up under "my Account"...

I'm sorry for folks who are trying this and not getting the same response... I thought it was worth passing along, in case it worked for others too.

I imagine it will be a miracle just to be there, and I hope everyone can feel good about the seats they have. I just thought I'd pass along my story in case it worked for anybody else.
:?
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:34 am

a.ephroni wrote:Well, I don't know what to say. I bought two tickets during the first moments of the fan club presale (my husband did the same). Then, when we saw that much better seats were being offered later the same day (still in the presale), I called the national number, got given the MD number, and called there. As I said, they told me that indeed, tickets are nonexchangeable, nonrefundable, etc.... and then proceded to ask me for my confirmation number and to make the upgrade for me, recharging my credit card for more money. When I look at the Ticketmaster website now, the new, better seats are what shows up under "my Account"...

I'm sorry for folks who are trying this and not getting the same response... I thought it was worth passing along, in case it worked for others too.

I imagine it will be a miracle just to be there, and I hope everyone can feel good about the seats they have. I just thought I'd pass along my story in case it worked for anybody else.
:?
After about the 15th phone call today, I was able to get clarification on this... The Maryland customer service number only handles concerts in that Maryland/DC/Virginia area. So, all who called were directed to either the national number or a regional TM number, - neither of which even had access to the presale tickets through their system. (Believe me, I called many times to make sure I was getting the right answer!) After speaking with the Maryland folks again, I learned that they are a franchised Ticketmaster - somehow separate from the national group. The woman I spoke with said that gives them some flexibility with their policies whereas the national folks are "strictly by the book" in her words.

It was all worth a try though and I really appreciated you posting the info, even if it didn't work for us. Still was able to get seats, so I'm thrilled!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
PrettyKitties

Post by PrettyKitties » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Ephroni - I appreciated your post also. Even if it didn't work, it was still worth trying & I have it my best shot.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”