radio city

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
suwalsh

Re: radio city

Postby suwalsh » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:49 pm

I don't understand how someone could be told on the phone that seats are sold out at 10:02 and then someone gets one online at 10:27 and gets a ticket. Meanwhile some of us are here with dual screens and on the phone with nothing. Does anyone understand this process?
da2008

Postby da2008 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Ticketmaster often releases tickets after they go onsale to beat the scalpers (I know, the premise sounds ridiculous, but it's happened before). Also, people with tickets in their basket time out and tickets get re-released. I also had two windows open and was trying one after another, but had no issues getting singles. As I've posted, not a single time was I offered a pair together.

To sum up, nobody knows how ticketmaster works. You just have to sit and hope that something good will happen. Sometimes (possibly) tickets don't go on sale at all (Morrissey at the Bowery is as close as it gets to that scenario - one hundred people tried and nobody got a single. NOBODY). I don't know, I didn't really expect to be in the middle of the last mezzanine section, but at least I'm in. Hope everybody is lucky with tickets on Saturday. Just don't be upset if you don't get anything the first time you log in and keep on trying for at least an hour. Who knows - ticketmaster really is weird to say the least.
ChristineR

Postby ChristineR » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:34 pm

I feel great! :razz: I was able to purchase 2 tickets at the fan presale this morning...thank you jarkko.
shodan

Postby shodan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:46 pm

I have seats for the back row of the top mezzanine, but they are dead center.I can not afford the top price tickets, but I am sure that I will have a great time, as I did at the Beacon Theatre show (I would gladly sit in the aisle to see Leonard Cohen). I am one of the people recently joined the board during the whole recent N.A. Tour fervor, but have been a fan for abut 20 years. Seeing these shows has meant a great deal to me and I look forward to posting with all of you regularly :)

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”