Chicago

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: Chicago

Post by MaryB »

Lizzy,

Even so, you are still blessed :D . I didn't even discover him until the late 80's :cry: - so much time lost :cry: . But we have him now in spades and I am trying to make up for now and enjoying every minute, every crumb of it!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, you're right there, Mary... and I feel blessed, too. Don't know if you 'NEEDED' the balm of his words during those interim years, but I know I sure did! A lot of tears were catharticized through singing... and just moving... to his songs... alone. A lot of comfort there.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

His words have a way of being there when you need it most. I'm glad to hear he was there for you to help you heal.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Mary... and I wish that you had found him sooner, too... just because.

There's never a wrong time for Leonard's words.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

Meetup: Where: Emerald Loop Bar and Grill. 216. N. Wabash Ave. http://www.emeraldloop.com. When: May 5th....5pm . Why: Just because.
Anyone wants to join in, raise your hand and I'll make a reservation......
Dan K.

Post by Dan K. »

::hand raised::

Thanks for setting this up. See you there!
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall »

wondercookie wrote:Meetup: Where: Emerald Loop Bar and Grill. 216. N. Wabash Ave. http://www.emeraldloop.com. When: May 5th....5pm . Why: Just because.
Anyone wants to join in, raise your hand and I'll make a reservation......
2 hands raised here ---- now -- Queen of the Organizers ---- what about the 6th?????
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Yah, what about the 6th. I been hooting over here a few times about a meet up :razz: In the meantime I'll do a google search to see whats close to the venue....
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

To Brick from Queen of the Organizers...I guess you've got me pegged.. :) ..well, someone's got to do it....OK....5/5 at 5 at Emerald Loop.....keep raising those hands...
Pozest..for some reason, I thought you were coming in on the 5th, Brick and his wife and myself are blessed to be going to both concerts....we could meet at the Emerald again or maybe you'll find a cool spot from your googling.........I'm always open for ideas ...I wonder if we can pick up the tickets for the 6th on the 5th??? That would be nice....
Dan K.

Post by Dan K. »

I'll try to find something for the 6th as well. Let's mix it up and do something besides Emerald. I'll let you guys know. As a sidenote, anyone care to make a little wager? I will bet that I will be the youngest person at these two pre-gatherings. If someone says I'm not (and is correct), I will buy that person something at the gift booth. I offer this because I am yet to find (by looking at profiles) someone younger than me. Here we go! Anyone want to take my offer?
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

wondercookie wrote:To Brick from Queen of the Organizers...I guess you've got me pegged.. :) ..well, someone's got to do it....OK....5/5 at 5 at Emerald Loop.....keep raising those hands...
Pozest..for some reason, I thought you were coming in on the 5th, Brick and his wife and myself are blessed to be going to both concerts....we could meet at the Emerald again or maybe you'll find a cool spot from your googling.........I'm always open for ideas ...I wonder if we can pick up the tickets for the 6th on the 5th??? That would be nice....
Hi WonderCookie,

I'll most likely send my cell phone # to you. I googled and found over 20 bars nearby. I haven't gone through them. I might lean to something though (such as the Emerald) that seems to already have approval/appeal by a local.
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Dan K. wrote:I'll try to find something for the 6th as well. Let's mix it up and do something besides Emerald. I'll let you guys know. As a sidenote, anyone care to make a little wager? I will bet that I will be the youngest person at these two pre-gatherings. If someone says I'm not (and is correct), I will buy that person something at the gift booth. I offer this because I am yet to find (by looking at profiles) someone younger than me. Here we go! Anyone want to take my offer?
Dan K,

As I read your post I was thinking "I'll take him up on his offer" ... as I thought I would be the young'n at 36. You take the title for that one thus far. Nothing wrong with that.

I've only been to one LC concert and as I mingled with the people I learned that at an LC show there were no age lines. People were very social. Hence why I like fan club/forum meet ups :)
Dan K.

Post by Dan K. »

POZEST wrote: Dan K,

As I read your post I was thinking "I'll take him up on his offer" ... as I thought I would be the young'n at 36. You take the title for that one thus far. Nothing wrong with that.

I've only been to one LC concerts and as I mingled with the people I learned that at an LC show there were no age lines. People were very social. Hence why I like fan club/forum meet ups :)
I agree 100%. I have no problem being on the young side at the gatherings and concert. I have friends of all ages and I like that. I don't personally know any LC fans yet, but from what I have experienced from this site they are quite friendly. It helps that we all have amazing taste in music. 8) I'm glad I found this place.

Chicago will be the first time I see him in person. I am ecstatic to say the least. I have attended great concerts in the past but I have no doubt in my mind that these will be at the top of my list.

See you there!

EDIT: BTW...The Chicago Theater is beautiful. Those who have not been there before will not be disappointed. I've been there 4 times and I don't believe there's a bad seat in the house!
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

So Dan...are you there for the 5th or the 6th? Or both?
Dan K.

Post by Dan K. »

I'll be at both shows.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”