29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
IrishMar

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Post by IrishMar »

Really looking forward to the show tomorrow night Will be at the early entry and hope to meet some Forum members.
Bringing a friend I hope to 'convert', well that can only go one way, will let you all know.

Marie
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
elsamaria

Post by elsamaria »

:D I´ll be with my sister and my 15 year old daughter, we will be wearing red shoes. See you all tonight :D :D
under L.C. spell since 1981.
Toronto June 8 /Boston May 30
Marcus4LC

Post by Marcus4LC »

Can anyone tell whether the pit tickets at the Wang have good views of the stage? I am worried they are obstructed and may only be able to see the front area of the stage. Anyone know? Thanks for any advice!
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Marcus4LC wrote:Can anyone tell whether the pit tickets at the Wang have good views of the stage? I am worried they are obstructed and may only be able to see the front area of the stage. Anyone know? Thanks for any advice!
Marcus,

Don't worry...the pit has the best seats in the house.....absolutely no onstructions...you can practically touch everybody in the band...and shake Leonard's hand as well! Unbelieveable from the fifth row pit last night..

Leonard from Montreal...same name...same town...no Golden Voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Marcus4LC

Post by Marcus4LC »

leonardmtl wrote:
Marcus,

Don't worry...the pit has the best seats in the house.....absolutely no onstructions...you can practically touch everybody in the band...and shake Leonard's hand as well! Unbelieveable from the fifth row pit last night..

Thanks for the response - I am looking forward to the show! :D
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

leonardmtl wrote: Marcus,

Yes, I agree completely. My view from the fifth row of the pit was perfect.
The stage at the Wang is not very high, so the monitors were not in the way (unless you happen to be \interested in the performers' shoes...)

Avi
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

brightnow wrote:
leonardmtl wrote: Marcus,

Yes, I agree completely. My view from the fifth row of the pit was perfect.
The stage at the Wang is not very high, so the monitors were not in the way (unless you happen to be \interested in the performers' shoes...)

Avi
Yes, in fact, I did see Leonard's shoes. He was wearing RED shoelaces!!! The view was that good!

Leonard from Montreal.
. Same name...same town...no Golden Voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Marcus4LC

Post by Marcus4LC »

Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I sat in the pit tonight and it was FREAKING AWESOME!!! Will probably never be that close to Leonard Cohen again, but it was really a GREAT show! :D
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

leonardmtl wrote:Yes, in fact, I did see Leonard's shoes. He was wearing RED shoelaces!!! The view was that good! Leonard from Montreal.
. Same name...same town...no Golden Voice
Oh Leonard from Montreal,

Thank you so much for that tidbit. Does that mean that in addition to wearing black we should now sport red shoelaces :roll: ?

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

leonardmtl wrote:Yes, in fact, I did see Leonard's shoes. He was wearing RED shoelaces!!!
Photo, anybody? :lol:
gussiecat

Post by gussiecat »

it really WAS awesome.....i was in the 4th row right pit, which was really the 3rd row because the first was just two chairs all by themselves.....i've seen Leonard before, so i was dubious about whether to splurge for these seats but oh i am SO glad i did! funny about the shoelaces -- i never thought to look down! :) i did get a couple of good photos too, which was a treat for me (i am photographically challenged, so my husband, who wasn't able to come to the concert this time, set the camera up beforehand). i must say that while the Beacon NYC show was a once-in-a-lifetime thrill, i actually thought the band and Leonard were better last night. he was really ON, really into the songs, very emotional -- or maybe it was that i could see so much better! anyway, i am feeling very very lucky and grateful this morning.

and i must go get some sharon robinson music -- she is sooooooooo wonderful.
Eskimo

Post by Eskimo »

gussiecat wrote:it really WAS awesome..... i actually thought the band and Leonard were better last night. he was really ON, really into the songs, very emotional....
....Complete agreement here - Friday night May 29 was a great show but Saturday night May 30 seemed like one of those nights that everything just came together for Leonard, the band, and the audience....
Tom Sakic wrote:
leonardmtl wrote:Yes, in fact, I did see Leonard's shoes. He was wearing RED shoelaces!!!
Photo, anybody? :lol:
shoefashionbusiness.tiff
shoefashionbusiness.tiff (178.42 KiB) Viewed 10057 times
...looks like Leonard will have to change his pant style to high break to highlight the laces though....
P5300556.JPG
P5300556.JPG (195.37 KiB) Viewed 10043 times
redstudio

Post by redstudio »

gussiecat wrote:i must say that while the Beacon NYC show was a once-in-a-lifetime thrill, i actually thought the band and Leonard were better last night. he was really ON, really into the songs, very emotional -- or maybe it was that i could see so much better!
I was at the Beacon show and a Boston show. It wasn't that you were sitting close-he really was ON and the whole band was amazingly improvisational. Leonard seemed to be more expressive. I was sitting way back and was totally overwhelmed and uplifted by the passion. I don't know how this series of concerts continues to get better but it does.
Halifax May 15, 2008 / New York February 19, 2009 / Boston May 29, 2009/ Columbus October 27, 2009
gussiecat

Post by gussiecat »

redstudio wrote:
gussiecat wrote:i must say that while the Beacon NYC show was a once-in-a-lifetime thrill, i actually thought the band and Leonard were better last night. he was really ON, really into the songs, very emotional -- or maybe it was that i could see so much better!
I was at the Beacon show and a Boston show. It wasn't that you were sitting close-he really was ON and the whole band was amazingly improvisational. Leonard seemed to be more expressive. I was sitting way back and was totally overwhelmed and uplifted by the passion. I don't know how this series of concerts continues to get better but it does.
interesting! i'm glad you think so. yes, everyone was definitely "looser"......even the patter was less scripted (some of the time anyhow).......just so wonderful. i drove a long ways home in the car by myself and didn't even turn the radio or cd player on. silence was in order so i could enjoy my memories.
Marcus4LC

Post by Marcus4LC »

gussiecat wrote:it really WAS awesome.....i was in the 4th row right pit, which was really the 3rd row because the first was just two chairs all by themselves...
It's funny you mention those two solitary front row chairs. My girlfriend and I were in those two chairs! :shock:

Any photos you'd care to share with me would be much appreciated. My camera phone was taking hideous, useless pictures. For that matter, Eskimo or anyone else with more photos from last night, I'd love to see as many of them as possible! :D Pretty please!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”