Presale rules

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
JohnnyZ

Re: Presale rules

Post by JohnnyZ » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:02 pm

Ok i just have one question. Im reading here that these are presale rules. Im wondering, are these same rules going to be inforced with general public sale tickets? Im curious cause my girlfriend is going to buy me tickets when they go on sale to the general public, but she is not going to see the show.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:34 am

As far as I know ALL tickets will be WILL CALL only (some local sellers may decide otherwise when the public sale begins)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:42 am

At the moment I am working on the logistics of flying from Scotland to Toronto (via London) for the Ottawa shows. Presumably if I can secure a ticket it WILL be held at the box office until I arrive on the day of the concert?!? It's a bit further than Dublin, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester but the appeal IS irresistable!
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:32 am

Hi David,

There are daily Air Canada flights directly to Ottawa from Heathrow (AC889 and AC888). I go to England often and always use that flight.

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:00 am

Thanks Mary. If I make it, maybe we can meet up before the concert for a "beer"! I still assume the box office will hold the ticket!
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:08 am

The Waits concert I attended -- You presented your information & the credit card used to purchase the tickets & they put a bar coded wristband on us -- it was void if you tampered with it.

It seemed to work well.

Brick
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:46 am

davidrichards wrote:Thanks Mary. If I make it, maybe we can meet up before the concert for a "beer"! I still assume the box office will hold the ticket!
I met a few people in New York who are hoping to go to the Ottawa concert and will be organising a meet up. Stay tuned!
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
goneatlast

Post by goneatlast » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Honesty. We behave honestly.
smilgrim

Post by smilgrim » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:43 pm

I am all for attempting to limit the scalpers and favor fans. One question that comes to mind is, what if you buy tickets and then can't attend? If you have to be out of town or have an illness or personal tragedy do you have no recourse, loose your money, deprive other fans and just leave empty seats for Leonard to look at?

**'Yes, unfortunately that's how it goes, thanks to the scalpers whose activity has forced the tour organizers to take these special measures in use / Jarkko***
Kanga

Post by Kanga » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:47 am

smilgrim wrote:I am all for attempting to limit the scalpers and favor fans. One question that comes to mind is, what if you buy tickets and then can't attend? If you have to be out of town or have an illness or personal tragedy do you have no recourse, loose your money, deprive other fans and just leave empty seats for Leonard to look at?

**'Yes, unfortunately that's how it goes, thanks to the scalpers whose activity has forced the tour organizers to take these special measures in use / Jarkko***
Usually the venue/agency can resell the tickets if you contact them. They will then credit your credit card less some "handling" fee.
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:00 am

sharney55 wrote:Below is how Tom Waits handles it. It looks like you actually need ID to get into the venue, not just pick up tickets. Here's something the Cohen tour could adopt (if they haven't already) if they're really serious about stopping scalpers, for presale and all other tickets:

"At the majority of [Tom Waits] shows...Ticketmaster uses their "Paperless Ticket" system. Prior to entering the venue, fans must simply provide their credit card which was used to purchase the tickets, along with a government issued ID. The fan’s accompanying guest must be present at that time. An attendant will swipe the credit card and provide a receipt for the transaction."
What I got at the Waits concert I attended was a wristband - that if removed -- was voided.

You needed to show the credit card used to buy the tickets & an ID to get the ticket & the band. It was put on you & it had to be on you when you presented the ticket at the door.

Your mileage may vary

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”