Find and sell New York tickets here

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
joaw

Re: Find and sell New York tickets here

Post by joaw » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:24 am

Hi everyone,

I am searching for (1 or 2) tickets to the show at the Beacon Theatre.
I am a long, long time fan and I have never had the opportunity to
hear Leonard Cohen live.

Please, (1 or 2) tickets, if you can spare them.
The orchestra is my first choice but I will be grateful to attend under any circumstances.

Thank you so much.

joaw
Last edited by joaw on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracyann

Post by tracyann » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:36 am

Oh sweet Pete, how I need to be there. Pretty please. Looking for two tickets--any!--for my best pal and I. Please. Anything. Please.
amcgee

Post by amcgee » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi

Just for my own curiousity, i just did a search on ebay, and there are over 50 tickets for sale varying fro $400 to $3000 for 2 1, 2, or 4 tickets...
Touts win the day again. Its a pity the tickets weren't sold the same way Tom Waits organised his concert in Dublin, by attaching a passport number to it.
its an open market, if people want to spend that amount of money on the tickets its up to them, but for me people should not give hard earned cash to these touts.
As Jarkko said already, that he will be back to New York again and therefore your chance will come.
Maybe Leonard Cohen's management team should announce any further dates...

just my opinion though.
amcgee
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi all, try to get your tickets on Friday morning when the general sale begins! There should be about 1000 tix in total, and tickets in every price level. I have been told that Ticketmaster often opens the sale some minutes before the given time, so be sure to be there, logged in with your Ticketmaster user name and password.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
corsica1

Post by corsica1 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 pm

I have been a Leonard Cohen fan since the mid sixties ..I am looking forward to find 2 tickets for the Beacon concert ..let me know if you have any..tomorrow I am afraid there will be nothing left. Thanks Christine
lcnash

Post by lcnash » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Would love one ticket, any range - missed presale by a day :( I've waited my whole life for this
vern.silver

Post by vern.silver » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Here's the deal. I am one of those that bought a second ticket with VIP when I realized I'd made an error. I have 1 ticket w/o VIP $250 seat Orch F/108; 1 ticket with VIP Loge K/7 (I couldn't affoed to buy 2 at the higher price.)

First, I do not even know if I will be able to attend at all due first to personal reasons, and secondly I could be on strike by then (I won't know until the end of January/early February.) If I am then I won't be able to go.

I bought the tickets with the hope that I can attend - I didn't want to miss the opportunity - but also knowing it may not be possible.

So I may have 1 ticket for sure available, or 2 tickets if I can't make the concert, but will not know until Early February.

Vern
"Clarence said a striking thing about rowing that I've always valued ... that he liked rowing because you were approaching life backward. You could clearly see the past, and you glanced quickly at the future over your shoulder.' Jim Harrison.
zahov

Post by zahov » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 am

I am one of those unlucky who didn't make it fast enough to buy tickets yesterday. Can take 1 or 2. Vern, when will you sell your(s)?
Amsterdam Jul 12th, Bucarest Sep 21st, Vienna Sep 25th, London O2 Nov 13th
hycharna

Post by hycharna » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:37 am

I am looking for two or four tickets -- loge or orchestra, if possible - or VIP - thanks
carole
moonmccaig

Post by moonmccaig » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi, I am looking for preferrably 4 ticket but will take 2 if that is all that can be had - price range - preferrably $95 - but I am not picky! anything other than $250 which I cannot afford. I haven't seen Leonard since the mid 1980's at Massey Hall in Toronto. I joined this forum in the summer hoping to find out about a NYC date - but somehow I never get any e-mails. I will try my luck this morning with Ticketmaster, but I am not so hopeful. Very grateful in advance to anyone who can help!
Thanks, Harriet
feder84

Post by feder84 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi, I'm looking for just one ticket. (every seat is fine)
laralynn

Post by laralynn » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm looking for two tickets, any section would be wonderful. I think this would make a great first valentine's day gift for my composer boyfriend, but we're just starting out and could never afford ebay prices! Please contact me directly at uberlara@hotmail.com. Thank you!
vern.silver

Post by vern.silver » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:14 pm

So, this is what I have decided to do. If I am able to attend the concert, I am going to be selfish and use the VIP portion of the cheaper ticket to attend the pre-concert event, then use the $250 seat for the show. I will then GIVE the cheaper seat away.

I am going through a seperation right now - sorry for sharing something this personal here - and Leonards music/poetry has been one of the shoulders I have been leaning on.

Anyway, I would prefer to give the ticket to someone who has NEVER had the fortune of seeing him live. I kow I have now way of verifying this, so I will rely on your honesty.

All that being said, if I can't make it - and i will not know until early february then I will post again here on the forum and offer the tickets for sale then.

Vern
"Clarence said a striking thing about rowing that I've always valued ... that he liked rowing because you were approaching life backward. You could clearly see the past, and you glanced quickly at the future over your shoulder.' Jim Harrison.
rollingjones

MARRIAGE PROPOSAL

Post by rollingjones » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:16 pm

HELLO.

I AM 29 AND FROM MANCHESTER ENGLAND.
MY GIRLFIREND LOVES LEAONARD COHEN.

I WANT TO TAKE HER TO NEW YORK TO SEE LEONARD COHEN AND PROPOSE AT THE CONCERT.

I TRIED TO GET 2 TICKETS ON PRE SALE AND TODAY BUT WITH NO LUCK.

2 TICKETS WANTED IN ANY PRICE RANGE.

PLEASE E.MAIL ME:
rollingjones@hotmail.com

THANK YOU.
WESLEY
micbonf

Re:Looking for one or two tickets for the Beacon

Post by micbonf » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Like everybody else, it seems, I was unsuccessful in getting tickets for the Feb 19 concert.
I would like to buy 1 or 2 tickets at any price.
Thank you,
Michelle

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”