Summary of pre-sale

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Summary of pre-sale

Post by jarkko » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:16 am

Complete info at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/beacon.html

As you know, the pre-sale will begin at 2 pm tomorrow on Wednesday, New York time (EST), and it lasts only 8 hours, until 10 pm EST.
The tickets have to be booked and paid by credit card at http://www.ticketmaster.com (search for Leonard Cohen).
If you are not registered to their system yet, do it NOW, so that you will not waste time when the pre-sale begins.

This should be a direct link to the LC page at Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004 ... norcatid=1

To order your tickets - maximum 4 per order - you will need a password, and it will be available at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/beacon.html 30 min before the pre-sale begins, that is 1.30 pm.
It will NOT be shown here on the Forum, and please do NOT post it here.

You will have to find the correct password following some clues. This way we try to make it more difficult for the scalpers (most of them don't know Leonard's work) to get tickets.

The sale to general public begins on Friday Jan 16.

We have pre-sale tickets in all price levels, with the VIP reception or without it. It is likely that tickets with the VIP option will be sold out first, the quantity is so limited. So, if you don’t get the VIP ticket in the price range you preferred, you may either buy a ticket without it, or try to get the a ticket with VIP reception in a lower price-level.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
da2008

Re: Summary of pre-sale

Post by da2008 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:25 am

thank you! here's hoping i would get the password right :)
Actually

Post by Actually » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 am

Just another short question - do we have to pick up those tickets at the box office or will there the option to get them per mail or email?
Right now I can't say for sure, if I will be able to cross the pond, so it would be nice to know.
Thanks in advance.
DPG1976

Post by DPG1976 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:52 am

I'm curious as to how far back in the orchestra the $125 tickets begin.

I'm hoping to attend the concert and I'll be flying from Florida to do so, which, depending on airfare and hotel costs, may prevent me from being able to purchase a $250 ticket.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

- Donald
http://www.writeonmusic.com/ - Artist Interviews & Profiles, Reviews, & Commentary
janine

Post by janine » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Still pondering if I can go to this wonderful opportunity...
But it looks like on "coasttocoasttickets.com" tickets are already offered...(for huge prices....)?
Janine
unlikelyhero

Post by unlikelyhero » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:27 pm

hi.. just joined the forum because I thought it was a mistake when I saw there was a show at the Beacon. Obviously I'm ecstatic. I went to Ticketmaster and they say the presale starts at noon. Is that the same thing as the 2pm presale? Also, Tom Waits did a very cool thing where you had to bring your credit card that you bought your tickets with to the show. There wasn't any real tickets, they just swiped your credit card. Tough to scalp that. :lol:
barbarita

Post by barbarita » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Jarrko has emphasized that pre-sale starts at 2pm, with password available at 1:30. Hey Jarrko, could you send some signals to Ticketmaster to end this confusion with sale starting at 12? I sure hope they're not actually going to sell tickets to anyone, without password at that time, would defeat the purpose of what you're doing.....

Barbarita.
amcgee

Post by amcgee » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi
I would assume that ticketmaster have a certain amount of tickets for general public and that the remainder are prebooked for fans.
I would imagine if they go on sale at 12 usa time, the tickemaster quota will sell out fairly quickly. As when the tickets went on sale in dublin, the tickets sold out in a few minutes and that was for a lot more tickets

amcgee
barbarita

Post by barbarita » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Ticketmaster and Jarkko both say sale to public starts Friday morning 9am......

Barbarita.
patchmo

Post by patchmo » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Ticketmaster says presale will start at 12:00...........please help!!!!!!!
Dumbjaw

Post by Dumbjaw » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Any update on the time conflict? LeonardCohenFiles states the presale starts at 2:00pm and clues to the password will be posted at 1:30pm. Ticketmaster states the presale starts at 12:00pm. Something is up.
Actually

Post by Actually » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Where do you find the 12pm? The only time I can see over there is 9am on Friday.

Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is... :razz:
maxwild

Post by maxwild » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 pm

yep, they took off the pre-sale yesterday, I can only see Friday's too ..maybe you are looking at a cached version of the site?
New York 2009
Dumbjaw

Post by Dumbjaw » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:43 pm

Actually wrote:Where do you find the 12pm? The only time I can see over there is 9am on Friday.
Weird. It disappeared! Now there's no listing for the pre-sale at all. Haha.
hmur4356

Post by hmur4356 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm curious as to how far back in the orchestra the $125 tickets begin.

I'm hoping to attend the concert and I'll be flying from Florida to do so, which, depending on airfare and hotel costs, may prevent me from being able to purchase a $250 ticket.

Any insight would be most appreciated.
There are no bad seats at the Beacon. The only drawback in being in rear orchestra is that the sound may not be as good under the balcony. Truthfully I always like the first balcony as there is good visibility to the stage and the sound is awesome.
It was deep into his fiery heart
He took the dust of Joan of Arc,
And then she clearly understood
If he was fire, oh then she must be wood.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”