Special Concert in New York

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Special Concert in New York

Post by jarkko » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Read the complete information and see the photos at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/beacon.html

Please note that the text below points to http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/beacon.html and not to this Forum thread!!!
Image Image

Extra Concert for the Fans on February 19, 2009 at The Beacon Theatre, New York

See Leonard Cohen and his tour band at this very special concert in New York on February 19. He will play especially for his fans and US media. Later - in April 2009 - his World Tour will continue in the USA and Western Canada.

Thanks to Leonard, his management, and AEG Live, all the best seats have been allocated to our members. This will be a memorable, full-scale concert with all the beloved songs!

The concert begins at 8 pm. Before the concert, we will have a VIP reception at 6 pm at the Beacon for a limited number of members - plus special guests (Leonard is not expected to attend the pre-show reception).
The tickets will be available on Wednesday, January 14, at 2 pm New York time (EST). You will find a link on this page to the online reservation system of AEG Live. The link and a password will be shown here when the reservation begins. Maximum number of tickets per order is four. Multiple orders will be cancelled.

We will have fan tickets in all price groups:

Orchestra: $250 and $125
Balcony 1: $95
Balcony 2: $75
Balcony 3: $65

You may also buy a special ticket with admission to the VIP reception. Only a limited number will be available in every price category on first come/first served basis. The surcharge is $10 which will include a special gift pack available at this occasion only. There will be a tour photo exhibition arranged by Lorca Cohen. We also hope to get the live DVD on pre-sale at the Beacon but that cannot be guaranteed. The DVD, the complete concert at the O2 Arena in London last July, will be released on March 23.

Tour merchandise will be available, including a special T-shirt made for and sold at this event only.

Please note that there will be no book/album signing!

Several fans are hoping to organize a meet up after the concert at a restaurant or bar near The Beacon. It will be an opportunity for fans to discuss the concert over a couple of drinks. More details about this meet up will be posted on this page.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jondi

Re: Special Concert in New York

Post by jondi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Affordable ... should I??? Hmmm
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:08 pm

If there is any chance for you, go!! I mean, there are those of us considering to fly over from Europe...
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
maureen

Post by maureen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Ah well!! Hopefully many of you will go, I'm one of the ones that cannot attend, I have to learn to be thankful that I've seen him 5 times this year, oops! last year, and who knows what the future may hold. Enjoy
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:12 pm

maureen wrote:Ah well!! Hopefully many of you will go, I'm one of the ones that cannot attend, I have to learn to be thankful that I've seen him 5 times this year, oops! last year, and who knows what the future may hold. Enjoy
Great gesture ... lovely idea. Sadly, I cannot change some trips and meetings on those dates but I will look forward to all the build up and reports from the event itself ... in a funny sort of way this makes me treasure even more the fact that I manged to get to so many shows last year !!!
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
da2008

Post by da2008 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:12 pm

if i don't get tickets to this, my heart will be forever broken
Habie

Post by Habie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Jarkko,

If you're still alive, and have finished chatting to Henning, and are as happy as a man with the power to Bring Good Tidings can be - could you please merge this thread with the other one about the Announcement? It's the most delightful thread ever, but it's exhausting having to log onto both for further comment...

Thank you!
evelyn

Post by evelyn » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:20 pm

Yippeee!!!

It's right in my neighborhood - one of the few times I can be happy about living in NY!

evelyn
kelly2008

Post by kelly2008 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:25 pm

I wish it was in my neighbourhood! I will be flying over from London for it! Cant wait!
loulou

Post by loulou » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm

what a wonderful gesture :D
(i am probably too broke to make it ..............but this warms my heart anyway !)
thank you Leonard, Jarkko, Marie, AEG !
Last edited by loulou on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desire the horse
depression the cart
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:41 pm

A most sincere thank you to all involved in the organisatin of this wonderful surprise, it is so incredibly exciting. Looking forward to Wednesday now, won't feel secure until I know I have tickets. Good luck to everybody. :D
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
elsamaria

Post by elsamaria » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:41 pm

It is in my "neighborhood"!!!!!!! I'll drive from the Boston area. I can't wait.
I saw him in Toronto (on Saturday) and I still have no words to describe it.
Thank you to everyone that keeps this forum alive.
Hugs to everyone
Elsa
under L.C. spell since 1981.
Toronto June 8 /Boston May 30
hydriot

Post by hydriot » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Living in the UK, I don't think I can justify the expense (it's in half-term too) unless I win the premium bonds again, but I am happy for all the US fans who have been waiting so patiently for their chance.

Incidentally, a few minutes ago we crashed the Forum. Too many people trying to access it at the same time! See my separate thread in 'News'.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Tinkie

Post by Tinkie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:05 pm

IrishMar wrote:A most sincere thank you to all involved in the organisatin of this wonderful surprise, it is so incredibly exciting. Looking forward to Wednesday now, won't feel secure until I know I have tickets. Good luck to everybody. :D
So Mary you convinced your husband again to give you an anticipated christmas present this year ? (as you did for Paris ?.....) yes I know because we met in Manchester on November 30th and you told me. Remember, I was there with a friend coming from Belgium.
All the best and good luck. Hope to see you in NY.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lisbon Jul 19, Vienna Sept 24, Brussels October 19 and 20th, Manchester November 30th, NYC February19th
Tinkie

2008 : Lisboa, Vienna, Brussels 2x, Manchester - 2009 : Cologne, Antwerp, Lisboa, Barcelona
2010 : Gent 3x, Lille, Las Vegas 2x -2012 : Gent 5x, Verona, Paris, Lisboa -2013 : Paris, Antwerp, Brussels, Berlin, Dublin, Amsterdam
da2008

Post by da2008 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:05 pm

thank you everybody for putting this together. i can only imagine how much effort goes into this, but things like that are truly appreciated by all of us.

i wouldn't be able to sleep for the next two nights... too much stress, too many hopes. but thank you for this wonderful news!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”