A Very Special Announcement Coming

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mabeanie1

Re: A Very Special Announcement Coming

Post by Mabeanie1 »

IrishMar wrote: Takes me back to this time last year when I logged on to the Forum one day, saw the announcement of the Tour and screamed so loud the family thought something awful had happened!! Should they cover their ears on Monday??

This made me laugh IrishMar. When I first saw the tour announcement (I was a reader of the Forum / Files long before I "signed up") I was still in the office. I too screeched out loud, so much so that my work colleagues rushed to my side, thinking I was having a heart attack!

Wendy
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

*** VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM GOD ***

I am bored with all this hanging around in heaven and have decided to come down to earth to sort you lot out.

On Monday 13 January, precisely 2,005 years since I last tried this, I will be announcing the exact form of my return.

Suffice to say that it will be in the form of a human, a male, a worthy and noble example, and one on whom I have already bestowed longevity, grace and humour.

At that time I will settle all these arguments as to my real name, sort out all these so-called religions and, if you're lucky, give you a song or two from my repertoire (hint - I might be coming back as a songwriter!).

Until then, peace on you all. Hallelujah!
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

jarkko wrote:
The "thing" that will be announced on Monday, will NOT require you to be online at 10 am on Monday. The announcement will include another moment (not on Monday),
when those who want to make use of the "thing" in the best possible way should be on their computers.
Getting awfully close to a tour announcement!

leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

jarkko wrote:
>The announcement will include another moment (not on Monday), when those who want to make use of the "thing" in the best possible way should be on their computers.

The 3 millionth visitor to this site is due next week. Wonder what the prize is!! From Geoffrey you get it first.
fisherinbelfast

Post by fisherinbelfast »

EVERYBODY IS HAVING WILD GUESS'S AT WHAT THIS NEWS WILL BE BUT CAN U CLEAR ONE THING UP FOR ME . IS HE ILL ?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

fisherinbelfast asked:
>CAN U CLEAR ONE THING UP FOR ME. IS HE ILL?

physically or mentally, you mean?
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

jarkko wrote:Hm, interesting to read all these wild speculations. However, please note that I wrote already on the 2nd page of this thread:
"The US/W Canadian tour will not be announced yet." On page #3 I said "Hm... interesting speculations indeed, but I have to tell you that so far they all are wrong! "
That included all family affairs of any kind! Also it has nothing to do with any particular song, or new album, or the DVD, and is not about any award, nor a TV program! Also
no connection with the United Nations or similar organisations. Well, now the answer must be quite obvious. More comments on Sunday.
Best wishes from your cruel webmaster.
That makes it clear then... 8)
Haven't got a clue but being very curious.

But then I must be the world's worst clue guesser - much to the amusement of my partner when he gives me clues for my birthday presents...
Hylton

Post by Hylton »

jarkko wrote:

I think it is fair to answer this question properly. The "thing" that will be announced on Monday, will NOT require you to be online at 10 am on Monday. The announcement will include another moment (not on Monday),
when those who want to make use of the "thing" in the best possible way should be on their computers.
"Phew" - thanks Jarkko
Panic set in just like when the sale of the 1st London tickets were announced!!!

My thoughts were "oh g** I'm at work; what am I going to miss??!!

I know this is "showbiz" but I'm sure (I'm a believer) that this is going to be worth the wait.

(a message to Jarkko, Marie et al - don't let this power go to your heads!!!)

May 2009 bring happiness to everyone (not restricted to those reading this)

Thanks for everything Leonard
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

How interesting that my post explaining that Leonard will announce on Monday the success of his recent nipple-piercing operation, was deleted by Jarkko within an hour. Sometimes the truth hurts (as does that particular operation btw).
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Not deleted Lord Mickey-Thingy, just moved – to Everything Else (some of us follow wherever you lead to...)
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

nothing to do with family
not even an unreleased song
nothing to do with politics
the intrigue goes on and on
nothing to do with TV
nothing to do with awards
he must have written an extra verse
to the Hallelujah chords
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

imaginary friend wrote:Not deleted Lord Mickey-Thingy, just moved – to Everything Else (some of us follow wherever you lead to...)
and since when has a good conspiracy theory cared about the facts?
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

Leonard condemns the murderous assault by Israel on Gaza.
Misunderstood
Actually

Post by Actually »

I can't believe it, I just read those 10 pages and I'm surprized that this forum is so full of life. To be honest, I just dropped by a few times and it always seemed to be a bit more serious, but obviously I always caught it at the wrong time.
But back to topic, could it be usefull to have a credit card nearby the computer? ;-)
scorp

Post by scorp »

Geoffrey wrote:Jarkko wrote:
>There will be a very important announcement on the front page of The Leonard Cohen Files on Monday, January 12 at 10 am New York time.

Sounds ominous. The 'Files' are closing down, or being taken over by Sony, perhaps. This is understandable. Takes a lot of energy, and Jarkko is not getting any younger. He's being running this site for many years, so one day, of course, it had to happen. You did a good job, my friend. May you have a relaxful retirement and enjoy more time with your family, and maybe focus a little more on some of the other interests and hobbies I am sure you have had to neglect. I wish you well, and thank you for what you started here. With gratitude - Geoffrey
not onimous, surely, not with "Be sure not to miss it!!!"

maybe a new european tour is in the offing :-)))

...to which we all get free tickets.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”