A Very Special Announcement Coming

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: A Very Special Announcement Coming

Post by MaryB »

He will be making an appearance on some TV show at that time?

Duh, didn't follow this thread as closely as I should have, Jarkko already said it had nothing to do with a TV program :oops:

Jarkko will announce the 10,000th member of the Forum!
Last edited by MaryB on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

An engagement/marraige announcement ?
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

.....after leonard and his superb band took us so glorious in berlin last year in october, they will ring the bells of manhattan this year....
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Could you at least let us know if this special announcement would REQUIRE us to be on our computers at the stated time to enjoy it?
I think it is fair to answer this question properly. The "thing" that will be announced on Monday, will NOT require you to be online at 10 am on Monday. The announcement will include another moment (not on Monday),
when those who want to make use of the "thing" in the best possible way should be on their computers.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:The announcement will include another moment (not on Monday),
when those who want to make use of the "thing" in the best possible way should be on their computers.
Aaaghhhh .......... Monday morning I can do but I am travelling for much of next week (much of the rest of January in fact) with restricted computer access. Perhaps I should consider re-scheduling ....

Wendy
amcgee

Post by amcgee »

Hi

The only confusing thing about this announcement is , why is it being announced on http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com, is that he offical Leonard Cohen website or is it a method for getting people to go to the website?

and not this site?
i would assume that it is an announcement of either new concerts or maybe a webcast interview...but that wouldn't be big news would it..

amcgee
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

amcgee, The LC Forum is not an independent website but "just" a part of The Leonard Cohen Files, its Forum/Message Board. So actually you are right now looking
at a section of The Files (see what is written on the left upper corner!)
The main website (The Files) is a permanent and - hopefully - logically organized archive of information which also gives me much better means to play with the layout etc.,
while the Forum with its 140.000 messages is a continuous flow and jungle of information and nonsense. :razz:
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
merton

Post by merton »

"Well, the whole world is filled with speculation" - Dylan.

Last year's European tour was announced on this very site on Jan 13th 2008. Strange but true.

Merton
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
jarkko wrote: Perhaps I should consider re-scheduling ....

Wendy

Wendy - re-schedule !!!!
amcgee

Post by amcgee »

Thanks Jarkko

Sorry for not noticing that, its being a while since i have gone into http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com website, because this forum tends to have all the information i am looking for and some very interesting tales...

amcgee
Pawel Gorny

Post by Pawel Gorny »

Another hint:
We will NOT announce 2010 Krakow Event schedule ;-)
Laura

Post by Laura »

Pawel, Jarkko... stop being so negative! ;-)

Laura
ManiSav

Post by ManiSav »

I'm betting on either

1) News of Leonard taking part in a chat forum or

2) News of a special event to be broadcast over the internet for fans only

Either would be fantastic

Manus
dharma

Post by dharma »

Could it be that Leonard will grace us with his presence in the form of an online video thanking everyone for making the tour such a wonderful experience for him and the band?

Do I win the raffle? ;-)
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar »

This thread is such a laugh, its so exciting. Really needed a boost as I have had a bad flu since last weekend.
Takes me back to this time last year when I logged on to the Forum one day, saw the announcement of the Tour and screamed so loud the family thought something awful had happened!! Should they cover their ears on Monday??
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”