A Very Special Announcement Coming

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

There will be a very important announcement on the front page of
The Leonard Cohen Files (http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com) on Monday,
January 12 at 10 am New York time. Be sure not to miss it!!!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
pironi

Re: A Very Special Announcement Coming

Post by pironi »

This is exciting... Will we have to do something immediately because you are giving such an exact time??? Is it for Americans only (because the time is given for the Eastern Time zone??) or for all fans??

Pietro
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

Thanks for the 'heads up', Jarkko. As usual, you're very helpful.

anyone else considering going over to the US from the UK/Europe? assuming this is news of a US/Canada tour, of course!
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

It doesn't seem too hard to guess what the news will be... Pity I won't be able to afford it (but hope to see Leonard sometime in 2009)!

All the best, John E
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The US/W Canadian tour will not be announced yet.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

jarkko wrote:The US/W Canadian tour will not be announced yet.
OK, we can all calm down then!. thanks - will see what treat we get next Monday.
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

maybe its a new record, recorded without anyone knowing so.
Or maybe leonard has been chosen to join the Obama office or maybe Leonard will become the first singer-song writer in space, or maybe they will finally release the Book of Mercy recording, or maybe there will be a film about leonard, or ...
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Jarkko wrote:
>There will be a very important announcement on the front page of The Leonard Cohen Files on Monday, January 12 at 10 am New York time.

Sounds ominous. The 'Files' are closing down, or being taken over by Sony, perhaps. This is understandable. Takes a lot of energy, and Jarkko is not getting any younger. He's being running this site for many years, so one day, of course, it had to happen. You did a good job, my friend. May you have a relaxful retirement and enjoy more time with your family, and maybe focus a little more on some of the other interests and hobbies I am sure you have had to neglect. I wish you well, and thank you for what you started here. With gratitude - Geoffrey
From_Russia_with_love

Post by From_Russia_with_love »

Ominous? I'd rather think it must be something positive, like a special concert for his Russian fans here in Moscow! Leonard, don't forget that you have a lot of Russian fans, we are waiting for you!
Vladimir
Relate

Post by Relate »

or maybe Leonard is getting married.....?

[You know where I am if it all goes wrong]
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Vladimir wrote:
>Ominous? I'd rather think it must be something positive, like a special concert for his Russian fans here in Moscow!

No. The release of an album or information of a tour has never before warranted warning of a forthcoming announcement in this fashion. This is not good news, my friends - I have a bad gut-feeling concerning what's about to happen. If it was good news Jarkko would have said so - he would have given an indication. All I am saying is 'brace yourself'.

>Relate wrote:
. . . or maybe Leonard is getting married?

Sure. Or maybe he has decided to be frozen alive by a cryonics firm and resurrected in 100 years when they have found a way to halt or reverse the aging process - so that he can do a tour on Mars.

"This is the darkness, this is the flood"
['Gypsy Wife']
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

The next 5 days plus one hour and 52 minutes will be VERY long......

Perhaps the Pulitzer for poetry?? :D
Relate

Post by Relate »

>Geoffrey wrote:

Sure. Or maybe he has decided to be frozen alive by a cryonics firm and resurrected in 100 years when they have found a way to halt or reverse the aging process - so that he can do a tour on Mars.

Here comes the bride,
here comes the bride,
here comes Anjani
all dressed in white.
Attachments
aaaahhhhhh
aaaahhhhhh
leonard-cohen-anjani.jpg (52.06 KiB) Viewed 18139 times
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Relate, I'm with you! That would be incredibly WONDERFUL news! Anjani has such inner and outer beauty and so much talent! Initially Jarkko's message was so exciting but then Geoffrey brought me down to earth :? . Sigh...
Relate

Post by Relate »

Pay no heed to Geoffrey and just be happy for the lovely couple!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”