Happiness is going to a Leonard Cohen Concert!

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Irene Teresa

Re: Happiness is going to a Leonard Cohen Concert!

Post by Irene Teresa »

He had a look on his face as if he were speaking to God Himself and we were his witnesses.
When the last word was spoken, I was in tears, as I’m sure many others were also. There was an atmosphere amongst the crowd of momentary confusion. Still spellbound by what they had just witnessed and utter admiration of such a man. You wanted to leap from your seat and give a standing ovation, yet your legs were heavy and your body motionless because you were still trying to come to terms with what had just happened. We didn’t just hear the lines from A Thousand Kisses Deep. We had BEEN A Thousand Kisses Deep!
Wow. Ive certainly had this expereince listening alone to Leonard and other artists to a lesser extent. But am often dissapointed when I see them LIve. As that scaredness doesnt seem to be able to be held in a large crowd , But it seems that it CAn happen.And does happen. Thanks you for reminding me. Time to prepare my soul to witness again xxx

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”