Video - The Partisan - Nov 30th - Manchester

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Joan

Video - The Partisan - Nov 30th - Manchester

Post by Joan »

Hopefully this will work for me....
This is the video of 'The Partisan' that I recorded on Sunday night in Manchester.
I thought it was magical and wanted to share it with you.
Kind Regards, Joan.

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/cu ... V00016.flv
paddieu

Re: Video - The Partisan - Nov 30th - Manchester

Post by paddieu »

Deepest thanks for doing this from bottom of my heart, and for making such a superb job of it :)

I had hoped to film the recent song additions just to make sure they existed for people. But alas the friend who accompanied me to the gig was someone who never goes to concerts, and she was very nervous indeed of the idea that I would try to smuggle a videocamera in [and all that would entail if they caught me and sent me out etc].

Since it was an evening for us to share as friends, I felt I could not risk upsetting her evening... :cry:

I understand where she was coming from, but our proximity to the screen made
me wince several times that night [and still does now that we know the DVD has no extras].

This is one of the winces, so thanks again for that alone.

[The others are FBR, Chelsea, and the cartwheels, oh and the skipping on and offstage, incase anyone got any of them !]
sirp2000

Post by sirp2000 »

paddieu wrote: [The others are FBR, Chelsea, and the cartwheels, oh and the skipping on and offstage, incase anyone got any of them !]
Paddieu, here's one I took of him skipping on at the beginning of So Long Marianne at the RAH 18 November. Enjoy!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LkGSFYogaMY
Joan

Post by Joan »

Hi paddieu,
I'm glad that I was able to upload it properly - initially there were so many views and no replies at all, so I thought I hadn't done it correctly.
Nice of you to respond and appreciate my effort.
I'm glad you liked it.
Kind Regards, Joan.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Joan - that is one of the best videos I seen of the tour. He looks so much younger. The sound quality is great.

Sirp200 his skipping is so reminisence of Morecombe and Wise but You Tube do not have clip of the dance just a clip of "Bring me Sunshie".
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Henning

Post by Henning »

Don't ever stop - Leonard, my lover - don't ever stop.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Joan..

I just now watched your video and it is excellent! Leonard does indeed look so relaxed and younger! Perhaps touring is doing that ;-) Thank you SO much for sharing it with us. I only saw him once in Europe this fall but I anxiously awaiting confirmation of a US and western Canada tour for 2009 and I'm going to try for several concerts!

Thanks again, Diana
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi Joan,
Like so many I loved your video of The Partisan, it really is great. Thank you.
Javier Mas gives so much to the performance and it must have been tempting to cut over to him.
The video is better because you didn't.
It's so atmospheric and I half expect to see smoke/fog rising from the stage and engulfing Leonard and Bob.
Thanks again
Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
Joan

Post by Joan »

Thanks for the nice comments - glad ye liked my vid.
Kind Regards, Joan.
Joan

Post by Joan »

I'm sooo glad now that I recorded this as 'The Partisan' isn't on the Live in London DVD ( The DVD is fantastic though - I watched it last night and I loved it )

Kind Regards, Joan.
johnmcgarrigle

Post by johnmcgarrigle »

my dear Joan,i , johnmcgarrigle attended this concert,and as a major fan of the Partisan,i was spellbound by this, the ,ultimate version :D i, have sought in vain for any type of recording of that evening,and, Joan years on ,i find someone who has such a gem.so Joan if you can find it in your heart and the time,i would be eternally grateful. to view such a musical landmark.yours in hope,john mc garrigle

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”