Severe withdrawal symptoms ....

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mabeanie1

Severe withdrawal symptoms ....

Post by Mabeanie1 »

What an extraordinary year. We (our family) had to come with tragedy and trauma but the seemingly impossible also happened, and my hero went on tour. I had the sheer unadulterated joy of seeing Leonard for the first time in just over 15 years when he appeared on stage in Halifax on May 13 and since then I have been to, erm, rather a lot of shows. The UK was blessed with plenty of dates and I have taken full advantage of the opportunity. Leonard kept me going through the hard times.

Alas, it's all over now and, for the first time since March 14, I do not have a Leonard Cohen show to look forward to. My sister, who lives in Perth WA, suggested I go over there in February but I can't get away at that time of year for more than a few days and not even I am mad enough to go to Australia for 3-4 days, so I must learn to cope with my withdrawal symptoms.

HOWEVER, there is a crack in everything and maybe a tiny glimmer of light is already visible. I hear suggestions that there might be another tour in the offing for next Summer. Has anyone else heard anything, or know when we might expect to hear anything?

Jarkko, please forgive my impatience. I am prepared for disappointment, but I really cannot bear the thought that I may have seen Leonard for the very last time last night.

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Severe withdrawal symptoms ....

Post by jarkko »

Wendy, it will be best to follow this worldly wisdom:
relax and wait patiently
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Jarkko - thank you as ever for your wisdom.

I see that tiny crack, I think .....

Wendy
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

We in ireland are owed a concert or two as the Fall tour was supposed to end here, so maybe we'll see Leonard in 2009. He knows the reception he will get.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

tickets remain for all of the concerts listed below

Vatican City
Lichtenstein
San Marino
Luxembourg
Canterbury Cathedral In the Altar Box
Wembley Stadium Manager's Dugout
Wimbledon Centre Court
Old Bailey Centre Court
My Front Room 3rd Sofa on the Left
Hydra Harbour End of the Pier

Jarkko will be more than happy to sell you tickets for any of the above venues, arrange your flights and cook you a nice meal when you arrive.
scorp

Post by scorp »

jarkko wrote:Wendy, it will be best to follow this worldly wisdom:
relax and wait patiently

hmmm....in that case, get Lenny to the Isle of Wight. He has to go back. :-)

A summer tour of festivals would be gr8 [again]

Suzanne at Glasatonbury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aezsbd4pP3g

ah, bliss.
tommylen

Post by tommylen »

Jarkko.

If I interpret you correctly that would be something to get me through the winter and to anticipate.

A great site that you administer very well.

The shows were simply wonderful .Great personal experiences for myself and family.

Pass on our thanks to everyone .

Merry Christmas.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

I think that besides doing an incredible job of administering this Forum and the Files, Jarkko is quietly, in a Zen-like way, teaching us all to live life in the moment and wait patiently for the future. Thank you Jarkko....namaste :D

Diana
scorp

Post by scorp »

ladydi wrote:I think that besides doing an incredible job of administering this Forum and the Files, Jarkko is quietly, in a Zen-like way, teaching us all to live life in the moment and wait patiently for the future. Thank you Jarkko....namaste :D

Diana
I second that. Now, as the midnight hour has passed, and 4 in the morning is 3 hours and 15 minutes away, i must go get some sleep.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”