CONCERT REPORT: Cardiff, November 8

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jdhayes

Re: Cardiff, November 8

Post by jdhayes »

Hi BM, are you back in Oz already? Greetings from Pat and Jim whom you met in Cardiff and greetings to all the others too. An unforgettable evening
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
Diane

Post by Diane »

blonde madonna wrote:but it was a bit of a blur.
BM, was it blurry cos of the wine, the tears, the mist, the smoke, the rain, or because you were moving so fast? Whatever it was, you obviously didn't see that guy clearly because he didn't remotely look like Kris Kristofferson. Did he tell you he was Kris Kristofferson? And you fell for that olde line? :roll: . He didn't look like William Shatner either, but he was the spit of Willie Rushton. Lovely to have you - and the other girls (and boys) - here in Wales, though, and I really hope we'll all meet again, some sunny day.

Jdhayes I believe I discovered you and Pat in the panini queue. You Irish people (e.g. Helen) always rev up the meet ups.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Hi Diane,
thanks for meeting us in Cardiff and sorry that we were not able to make the Sunday lunch. Lets hope Leonard returns next summer and we can arrange another meet-up
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
Diane

Post by Diane »

Hi Jim - more than one person mentioned that it was too bad you two couldn't come along on the Sunday. Some other time, for sure. Helen - sorry about the teasing and thanks for your great company.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Happy Christmas to Diane and all the fans we met in Cardiff. Lets hope we will have another Happy Leonard Year
olive branch

Words that personalize a concert

Post by olive branch »

"Friends.......It's armistice Sunday tomorrow.........................................
.......I wish they could all come home."
blonde madonna

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Cardiff, November 8

Post by blonde madonna »

Oh Cardiff, another year has passed but I can't forget.

And I never did find out who Willie Rushton is or was...
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
Diane

Post by Diane »

BM:-) Happy days they were, and thanks for taking me back. I am guessing you've seen LC again recently. Great to "see" you!
blonde madonna

Post by blonde madonna »

Yes Diane, I have seen him again and it rained and there were hoards of people but there was no you and no Welsh singers behind me singing every line. :D

We must do it again sometime.

BM
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”