taking Photos allowed?

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Klauk

taking Photos allowed?

Post by Klauk »

Hello,
does someone know wheater it is allowed to go with a (digital) Photo Camera into the concert hall (in my case Frankfurt Festhalle) to take photos from the concert?

best wishes -Klaus
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: taking Photos allowed?

Post by jarkko »

It will be partly up to the practice of the venue.
During the concerts I have noticed that pictures have been taken (well, me too)-- but if so, it has to happen WITHOUT FLASH, and without disturbing the performers or the people sitting around you!
I always get angry when I saw all those flashes everywhere in the venue - even in the back rows. The flash is totally useless from distance,
and it only annoys the performers, and makes it more difficult for them to concentrate.

Professional photographers (who have been authorized by the tour organizers) will be allowed to take photos during the first song only (Dance me..) but also only without flash. After the first song they have to stop and leave the space between the stage and the first row.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Klauk

Post by Klauk »

Thank you Jarkko,
of course I will use no flash. I am a "semi-professional", my camera works up to 6400 ASA without noise in the pictures and I would take take pictures from the "background" without disturbing the actor or the audience.
But how do I get the permission to get in with my camera? If i try at the nentrance and am rejected I have no possibility to bring my camera back to the car or somewhere else where I can deposit it. It is to expensive for such experimentes.
By the way - great thing - your forum.
kind regards -Klaus
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Well, that's up to the venue if they do a bag control at the doors or not. With LC concerts usually not... Of course I cannot say anything for sure...
Anyway it is clear that they cannot just confiscate a camera; there must be a place where to deposit it!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
drsing

Post by drsing »

no problems taking pictures or filming in Brussels!
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

jarkko wrote:Anyway it is clear that they cannot just confiscate a camera; there must be a place where to deposit it!
Not really. What they can do is simply refuse admission and leave it to you to decide if you're going to dump the camera at your own risk and go in, or abandon the concert. They are not under any obligation to look after the camera for you.

At the London O2 concert on 17 July there were bag searches and big scrolling warnings on screens above the doors that no cameras were permitted inside.

The bouncers even removed the tops of all bottles of water being carried so you couldn't chuck them at anybody.

My recommendation: always carry your camera in your trouser pocket, not your bag, as even at an anti-social venue like the O2 a body-search is unlikely.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”