Meet up - Royal Albert Hall - Troubadour

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Suemerlyn

Re: Meet up - Royal Albert Hall - Troubadour

Post by Suemerlyn »

jarkko wrote:It would be great to meet with everybody, but looks like it will be impossible because of overlapping schedules - Eija and I are supposed to be elsewhere at 4 pm on both days, but we hope to see many of you after the concerts (if all pubs near the venue are already closed, what about the lobby of the London City Road Travelodge that so many of us will use??)
Belated thanks for this suggestion, Jarkko, and yeah, a meet up AFTER the gig as well would be great - on 17th anyway. You 18th people can organize yourselves, I'm sure...or maybe you just wanna do what we do?

So - someone needs to suss out suitable walking distance pubs that are open later than 11pm ( on a Monday night...) for a possible meetup afterwards. I go to South Ken (where the RAH is) every Wednesday - I'll see what I can find when I am next there, and post suggestions. OR - what time does the Troubadour close on week-nights, does anyone know? We could go back there maybe.

Guess if there is nothing else in this great big metropolis city open in the area after 11 -11.30pm, then meeting at the Travelodge, wherever it is, would be our next best option - though they ain't usually known for their great atmosphere..
Padma

Post by Padma »

Sue - it would be brilliant if you could find a pub/restaurant/ice skating rink (for Mickey) near the RAH to meet up at after the concert.... we'll wait to hear from you.

Thanks
Padma
jammymulligan

Post by jammymulligan »

I'll be staying in the Best Western, Cromwell Rd, is that a good place for a late drink?
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

I'll be heading home northwestwards after the concert so would prefer to meet up with people close to the RAH and not go in the wrong direction to City Road. I recall there is a pub very close to South Ken station called the Marquis of Zetland (perhaps on the corner of Bute Street?) so perhaps Sue can check that one out?
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Hydriot
I remember there being are pub somewhere around South Ken tube station called the Zetland Arms. I might forget my own name from time to time but I never forget the names of pubs I visit. From what I remember it use to serve a decent (well decent by London standards) pint of London Pride.
Is this the the pub you mean?
Maybe it's changed it's name or there could well be another pub in the area called the Marquis Of Zetland.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Henning

Post by Henning »

Padma, can you please make sure that I am also not sitting next to Liverpoolken - he treats me like a cat.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Padma can you please confirm that Henning has fallen for the trick about Leonard playing at the Royal Albert Hall in November (!). I have now hired most of the spoof fans to populate the Troubador and fool Henning into thinking it is all real and it's not just a side-effect of his shampoo. However, I am worried about the legal ramifications of your plan to kidnap Henning as he leaves the Bar to walk to the Concert. Seriously, who do you think would pay a ransom for his return?
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Talking about cats....

I liked ths weeks Sunday Times description of Leonard as 'the cat in the hat'

however not all of our favourite singer/songwriters have quite the same style
as Leonard when it comes to choosing head gear

Ta Ken
Padma

Post by Padma »

Last edited by Padma on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Padma

Post by Padma »

mickey_one wrote:I am worried about the legal ramifications of your plan to kidnap Henning as he leaves the Bar to walk to the Concert. Seriously, who do you think would pay a ransom for his return?
Tyler, maybe?

And I thought that Henning was on the road to (a full) recovery........
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

it's a long time since I designed any t-shirts but I'm so taken by the 'the cat with the hat' tag that you should now be able recognise me at the up coming gigs in London and Manchester....sorry Henning but your Carmen Miranda hat lacks street cred otherwise I would have considered it.

Ta Ken
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Ken, "AWESOME" T Shirt! :lol:

Frisco
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Ken...

I may not agree with your political views OR your language in regards to my friend Liz, but that IS a great t-shirt! :D
Are you perhaps in the business of offering any for a small donation to some charity (non-political, of course 8) ).

Diana~
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Thanks for pub suggestions, gives me somewhere local to RAH to aim at for us all to trip the light fandango until closin' time on Monday (and Tuesday people can follow suit too if they like!!) Will check out Zetland whatever it is and get back to ya all.

And, Ken, LOVE the t-shirt! I want one!! I'm not extra large, just large or medium will do...Ta
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

liverpoolken wrote:it's a long time since I designed any t-shirts but I'm so taken by the 'the cat with the hat' tag that you should now be able recognise me at the up coming gigs in London and Manchester....sorry Henning but your Carmen Miranda hat lacks street cred otherwise I would have considered it.

Ta Ken
Thanks for pub suggestions, gives me somewhere local to RAH to aim at for us all to trip the light fandango until closin' time on Monday (and Tuesday people can follow suit too if they like!!) Will check out Zetland whatever it is and get back to ya all.

And, Ken, LOVE the t-shirt! I want one!! I'm not extra large, just large or medium will do...Ta

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”