Meet up - Royal Albert Hall - Troubadour

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tomsakic

Re: Meet up - Royal Albert Hall - Troubadour

Post by tomsakic »

I just booked my flight, I will be there from Saturday 15th to Tuesday 18th.
- Tom
Padma

Post by Padma »

See the first post for a list of people who are coming to the Troubadour on the Monday and Tuesday. If I've left anyone off - or you want to join us, please pm!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks time.

Padma
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Count me in for Monday, Padma! Aren't Jarkko and Eija going to joining us on Monday too? On your original list, they're only down for Tuesday...hope to see you, Jarkko.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

It would be great to meet with everybody, but looks like it will be impossible because of overlapping schedules - Eija and I are supposed to be elsewhere at 4 pm on both days, but we hope to see many of you after the concerts (if all pubs near the venue are already closed, what about the lobby of the London City Road Travelodge that so many of us will use??)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Padma

Are you not telling us something.
I know and I sympathise with Henning as he bravely struggles through his current mid-life crisis, but what I didn’t know was that he has now decided to go down the same road as his fellow singer songwriter Prince.

To date Henning has always wanted the world to address and recognise him as either ‘Your Worship’ or in the old days ‘Henning Franz’ but according to your list of attendees for the Troubadour it would seem that he has changed that to - ‘Henning (?)’.

I well remember Prince dropping his full name and then adopting an unpronounceable symbol and requesting that he be known only as the ‘artist formerly known as Prince’. However just to confuse us Henning seems to have only gone half way in changing over to a symbol.

So with us English being such sticklers for etiquette has he indicated to you how we should now address him ?
Maybe...

Henning-open-bracket-question-mark-close-bracket formerly known as Henning Franz
Or....
Henning-unpronounceable-symbol formerly known as Henning Franz

Any information before the meet up would be much appreciated.

Ta Ken (no symbol needed)
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Padma

Post by Padma »

Ken -
He (nning) is suffering from an identity crisis - that is why his name is followed by (?). He is undergoing an intensive course of Gestalt therapy (the whole is bigger than the parts - or something like that) - but please don't tell anyone this - this was divulged to me in the strictest of confidence whilst we were both listening to Bob and waiting for the bicycle repair man to come and replace the missing wheel (in order to make the parts whole again). I am waiting to hear from him as to whether the therapy has been successful and I can remove the (?).

Hope this sort of answers whatever it was that you were asking. Between you, me and the Albert Hall, I am very concerned about Henning (and his antics.....)

Padma
Henning

Post by Henning »

Good morning. "Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses" - since Ken never really adapted that rule (nor did I) I think it is ok to talk nonsense like this on a Sunday, when everyone else attends the mass or is busy with turning the clock backwards. Padma - I guess I will show up for the Monday meetup if I'll make it thru the crime ridden streets of London. You can either delete the question mark now and make Ken's posting obsolete or you can leave it as it is and make Ken believe that he found something profound to say in this world.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Anne

Post by Anne »

I was planning to come and see you all, and to go on to Paris after to catch the show there, but then I realized that it was not possible at all. My walking is not good, and London is such a walking city and has such crooked sidewalks! I have given my tickets for Paris tickets to my friend already, and my RAH tickets for Tuesday will take a transatlantic trip back and forth and will no doubt be some of the best travelled tickets at the show!

I will miss you all so much.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Henning
Henning wrote:Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses
Wise words indeed.
It’s good to see that the incident in the early hours of the morning outside your Manchester hotel on that warm night in June hasn’t affected your sense of humour.
BTW did you know that the only reason for your case being thrown out of the Manchester Magistrates court was because of a lack of witnesses. The the two old German ladies who were involved were last seen running through central Manchester towards Liverpool screaming ‘ Oh mein Gott a blanker mann’ and were never seen again.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
so I shall leave you with......
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi

Looking forward to seeing you at the Troubador next month.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Padma

Post by Padma »

Anne - We will miss you. I'm so sorry you won't be joining us this time. Henning - the ? has been removed (I'm pleased to say!)

See you all in a few weeks.

Padma
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

Padma -
I am down for meeting up on Monday - sadly won't make it in time. But I shall make it on Tues. Please could I be rearranged on the list? (!)
Thanks.
Annie
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Padma has deliberately, maliciously, and accidentally, left me off the list of attendees on Monday.

If however performers do not need to be counted, then I will withdraw my Official Complaint which I have already sent to Jarkko, Leonard, Gordon Brown, David Beckham, Songul, Henning and several National Newspapers.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

WOW!!! if Michael is coming then I will definitely be there and hope it will be ok to bring several friends! WOW WOW WOW!!!

love

Sue
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Padma

Post by Padma »

Sue - Michael told me some time ago that he was coming with (the) Tyler and will be performing (in gown and wig) a pome about grouting and mixer taps (don't ask me why - some rumour about a party in a bathroom).....other people Party in the Park, Cohenites party in bathrooms.

MIchael - There is no need to refer this matter to Henning, he is trying to piece his life (and pink bicycle) back together. There wasn't a malicious omission on my part, you didn't look closely enough at the evidence......

See you both on the 17th (and looking forward to it!)
Laura

Post by Laura »

Sue-Michael's ego is doing well enough. I don't think it's necessary to encourage him THAT much!
Laura

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”