Meet up - Royal Albert Hall - Troubadour

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Padma

Re: Meet up - Royal Albert Hall - Troubadour

Post by Padma »

Maybe one of our more "techie" members could post a map to Janet's Bar (Ken or Tim, please?)
Last edited by Padma on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Suemerlyn wrote:It might be nice to get a rough idea of who thinks they may be coming to Janet's bar after Lenny on Monday 17th/Tuesday 18th...I count about four of us so far on Monday. Anyone else like to join us?? Post or PM!
Hi Suemerlyn,
Caren und I will join you all in Janet's bar after Lenny on Tuesday 18th!

Cheers!
Hans-Juergen
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

For anyone who wants to meet at a pub close to the Albert Hall on Monday, and hasn't got time to go to The Troubadour, this one is a favourite:

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub260.html

At present, Monday is said to be a very wet day, so it may just be a case of heading straight for the Albert Hall!

All good things, John E
Kanga

Post by Kanga »

maps_visitlondon_com.jpg
maps_visitlondon_com.jpg (125.45 KiB) Viewed 4601 times
This map should show the route to S Ken tube and Janet's Bar.

By the time we come out of the RAH the tube entrances by the Museums will be closed.
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Thanks for the map, Kanga, and see you all (inc Hans-Juergen and Caren, and also hopefully Jarkko and Eija) at the Troubadour - where singing and dancing acts will be welcome - and/or Janet's afterwards...
And in between these delights, we have the best delight of all...Hallelujah!!
Deena

Post by Deena »

Hi there,
I'd really like to meet up with people at Janet's after tonight and will try my best to get there. I've never met any of you before, but will just look out for the enraptured faces in Janet's Bar.
Thanks to all those who organised the meet-up, and have a gorgeous evening (how could you not?)
Personally, I can barely contain my excitement and anticipation and there are hours to go...
Deena
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

A thank you to Padma for arranging the Troubadour meet ups. It was lovely to meet some of you yesterday there, especially Judy, Helen, Sheila, Mia, Laura and Sue who sat on the same table :)
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
Caren

Post by Caren »

Thank you Padma for arranging the meet ups. It was great meeting all you lovely people on Tuesday: Meriel and Colin, Maarten, Habie and Henning, Alan, Jonathan and your well read friend and the nice people from Ireland at the table next to ours. I am looking forward to seeing you all again one day.

As promised I put up some pictures from the night. You will find them here

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... =555027529

All the best, Caren
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Habie

Post by Habie »

Thanks for the photos, Caren! They're great. I hope you and Hans got home safely, and I hope to see you again sometime soon. It was a nice meet-up and really made the concert more enjoyable for me, to have met you all beforehand. Best to you both and all the Troubadours, Habie x
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

Caren

I would join Habie in thanking you for uploading the the photos. It was nice to meet everybody on both Monday and Tuesday at both the Troubador and later at Janet's Bar. The faces become increasingly familiar from concert to concert. By now it's dawned upon me that I'm not the only child LC obsessive I had always thought I was, that there are many of us.

On Tuesday only a handful of people attended Janet's Bar after the concert though Alan and I did bump into a new face, Joe who by chance stopped us to ask us directions to the Bar. Like a young Mick Jones on amphetamines.
Those who earnestly are lost
Are lost and lost again

1989: Hydra; 1993: Royal Albert Hall x 2; 2008: Dublin x 3; Manchester Opera House x 2; London O2; Royal Albert Hall x 2; 2009: Dublin 02 x 2; 2010: Sligo x 2; 2012: Dublin x 2; 2013: London O2; Dublin x 2; 2014: Dublin meet up

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”