The Crew of the Fall Leg

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

The Crew of the Fall Leg

Post by jarkko »

Here is a list of people working hard to make everything happen in the most perfect way:

Manager - Robert Kory
Tour Manager- Mike Scoble
Road Manager- Joseph Carenza III
Production Manager - Ian Donald
Production Coordinator - Wendy Catto
FOH Sound - Mark Vreeken
Tour Accounting - Wade Perry, Larry Morris
Legal Counsel - Michelle Rice, Esq
Performance, Rehearsal and New Portrait Photography- Lorca Cohen

Sound/Recording - Ed Sanders
Sound/Monitors - Leanne Ungar
Monitor Engineer - Russell Wilson
Sound Technicians - David Brazen, Colin St. Jaques, Martin Pare
Backline Technicians/Guitars - Mickey Sullivan, Leif Bodnarchuk
Backline Technician/Bass - Chris Bynum
Backline Technician/Keys - Dan Weingartner
Backline Technician/Drums - Clive Brooks
Set Design - Bruce Rodgers
Lighting Design - Anne Militello
Lightning Director - Ryan Murphy
Lighting Technicians - Tim Phillips, Katie Flanders
Lightning Rigger - Brian Wares
Stylist - Samantha McMillen
Wardrobe - Lyssa Bloom
Production Assistant - Michelle Grimaldi
Video Director - Nick Fry
Video Engineer/Projectionist - Jeroen "Myway" Marain
Video Projectionist/Cameraman - Darren Montague
Cameramen - Edward Moore, Mark Antoniuk
Crew Bus Drivers -Tony Crittenden, Jim Thompson, Tony Howard
Truck Drivers - Clive Binding, Harry Cobill, Graham Butler, Robert Quinn, Mark College
Catering - Alicia Boardman (Crew Leader), Dan Gamble (Chef), Dan Collins

Management:
RK Management, LLC
9300 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 200
Beverly Hills, CA 90212, USA
info@rkmgment.com
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Steve Wilcox

Re: The Crew of the Fall Leg

Post by Steve Wilcox »

The first thing that jumped out at me was the addition of these four positions on the Fall leg -

Video Director, Video Engineer/Projectionist, Video Projectionist/Cameraman, & Camermen (2)

Now they might refer to the video shown during the show but let's hope they refer to recording the shows for a future DVD.
MEB

Post by MEB »

Steve Wilcox wrote:The first thing that jumped out at me was the addition of these four positions on the Fall leg -

Video Director, Video Engineer/Projectionist, Video Projectionist/Cameraman, & Camermen (2)

Now they might refer to the video shown during the show but let's hope they refer to recording the shows for a future DVD.

After attending the show in Vienna I'm pretty sure they are filming for a future DVD. Also I notice they have a different FOH dude and Production Manager as well as an extra Backline Tech.
Toronto June 6th 2008, Vienna Sept. 24 & 25 2008, NYC May 16th & 17th 2009, Dublin July 23rd 2009, Belfast July 26th 2009...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

May I repeat my favorite line "Relax and wait patiently"
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Cis

Post by Cis »

jarkko wrote:May I repeat my favorite line "Relax and wait patiently"
If it isn't to be a kind of practice for us... :-)
zahov

Post by zahov »

In the nova days there shoudl be not only a DVD, but a blueray disc too. :D
Amsterdam Jul 12th, Bucarest Sep 21st, Vienna Sep 25th, London O2 Nov 13th
Habie

Post by Habie »

I didn't dare believe there would be a DVD of this tour... how much delight can one man offer in a single year? But then I saw this thread and saw Jarkko's post asking us to 'relax and wait patiently'... made my pulse quicken, for we all know by now what that means (ref RAH, Australia, and so much else) - when Jarkko says, 'wait', we wait, and Lo, miracles always come to pass... so now we know there will be a DVD of the tour... :D HOORay. Here's hoping they edit it well, and with poetry in their souls ... SO MUCH material to choose from already... :D
Henning

Post by Henning »

Dear Habie

after all the years Jarkko is now working as Leonard's right hand down on earth, he has sureley adopted Leonard's philosophies, of which one of them is "Details mean nothing" which leads directly to "Relax and wait patiently". So this is more of a general advice for life than a concrete indicator for something specific to happen. We all should be happy, that Jarkko has reached this status now and we should take his tipps for life seriously as if if they had come directly from Leonard. Whenever I sit with Jarkko I try to read from his gestures and words elements that will help me in my daily life.

H.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Thanks, Henning!! You managed also to explain the strange episode in Berlin recently. As you may remember, we were sitting at a pub table. I took a bite of my ham sandwich, drank some mineral water (only, of course) and the yawned (you had been singing your favorite Bob Dylan songs for a while). Suddenly you nodded your head, just like you had seen the light, and left the pub. The follow-up was documented by our friend Ken (see below, originally posted in another thread)! :shock:

Henning

Post by Henning »

Indeed. The story of my life seems to be ... to fall and try and try and fall upon it all again. I guess that by the time I will see the light I will be surrounded by real angels. Until then I will follow your advice and will "relax and wait patiently".
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Hm... let's be proper again and return to the real topic of this thread:

I have updated many of the pictures of the band members at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/band2008.html
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

In this YouTube video at around 6:30:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuExIUBhO3k
The first part is a bit of personal travelogue, followed by some up close concert footage simialr to others on YouTube. But the part at 6:30 is a very worthwhile, detailed look at Dino Soldo's keyboards by tech Dan Weingartner.
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”