SPECIAL TICKETS FOR MEMBERS TO SEVERAL UK SHOWS

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Lorelei

Re: SPECIAL TICKETS FOR MEMBERS TO SEVERAL UK SHOWS

Postby Lorelei » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:57 pm

Thank you so much Leonard, Leonard's management, Jarkko and anyone else who had a hand in this.

Last night I was able to get 2 seats in block 1, row F for Cardiff :D :D

I first saw the details on Thursday and thought they would all be gone so didn't investigate any further. But on Friday something made me try and I've got really good seats... I hope.
Maltloaf

Postby Maltloaf » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:52 pm

The prices are still considerably higher than face value though. I'd recommend http://www.scarletmist.co.uk if you are looking for tickets. I've used it and it's always been a genuine exchange for people who sell tickets at face value +plus a reasonable anount for secure delivery, e.g. about £5.00.
I couldn't get to any of the previous gigs but am soooo looking forward to Birmingham. Been too long since I saw the great man last.
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:41 am

Maltloaf: you have not got it right! The tickets offered to members ARE of face value + standard handling fee, and will be sold directly by the AEG owned seeticket.co.uk (this is NOT ticket swapping or similar arrangement).
Our seats are the best that are available, and that means also highest price category. That's why they are more expensive than the cheapest back row tickets!

Be aware of touts/scalpers when you use any other than official sellers!!!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Jojio

Postby Jojio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Jarkko - I and I am sure many others here really do appreciate your efforts in arranging this extemely good deal for true Leonard Cohen fans. To be able to get really good seats a number of days after the first date of sale is brilliant. I am sure that those who may have bought poorer seats at the outset shall have no problem selling them (hopefully to LC fans and not through e-bay).

I came rather late to Leonard Cohen - 1971 I think it was - when I heard Avalanche on the radio one Saturday morning and immediately went out and bought Songs of Love and Hate. Again, I appreciate what you've arranged and appreciate having another chance to see Leonard Cohen in concert.
honeyrose

Postby honeyrose » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:01 pm

Great stuff - I just got two tickets for the Birmingham NEC concert on the Saturday - they are numbered seats they are in |Row P in Block C which is one of the front blocks on the ground.

Really pleased to be seeing him again. Thanks to all

Honeyrose
waterford

Postby waterford » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:04 pm

So excited to see the full line up for Autumn Tour this am - and to see that he is finishing up in The Point Dublin on Dec. 1st!
Saw him at the start of the tour in Dublin and it was just amazing - can't wait to see him again in December.

Just wondering - Jarkko - any chance that you might have special ticket allocation for Dublin - as you did for the UK!
Not sure if I should rush off and buy at Ticketmaster or wait to see if you manage to come up with something wonderful!

Thanks for all you do here to keep us connected.
Love
Eileen

***I'm not sure about special tickets to Dublin -- have indeed asked... :razz: / Jarkko ***
bella

Postby bella » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:04 pm

just found this link having been away from the computer for a few days, thank you so much Jarkko and anyone else who had a hand in arranging this. i was so lucky in the end at manchester, getting a wonderful seat just a couple of weeks before the event so i hope i can be as lucky again. i'll try for brighton- has anyone been tyo the bournemouth hall, what is the atmosphere ike?

many thanks again and good luck to everryone
xbella
Jojio

Postby Jojio » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:05 pm

bella wrote:just found this link having been away from the computer for a few days, thank you so much Jarkko and anyone else who had a hand in arranging this. i was so lucky in the end at manchester, getting a wonderful seat just a couple of weeks before the event so i hope i can be as lucky again. i'll try for brighton- has anyone been tyo the bournemouth hall, what is the atmosphere ike?

many thanks again and good luck to everryone
xbella
The Bournemouth venue is very good - I've seen Paul Simon and Bob Dylan there. The acoustics are great. I'd recommed it if you can get a decent ticket.
bella

Postby bella » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:15 pm

thanks for the information Jojio

xbella
Doctor Bob

Postby Doctor Bob » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:45 am

The website is not accepting the password anymore, I guess all the tickets are gone...
We weren't lovers like that and besides it would still be alright...
Gregor

Postby Gregor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:49 pm

Jarrko,
Like Lorelie and Kwills ,I bought two tickets for Cardiff throught the special offer on this site .My tickets are in block 1 row F. This is so grteat and for me I will be that close to Leonard ,having been so far back in Dublin and so far up and to the side in Edinburgh. Thank you for directing me and all the others to this site. Dublin is not on sale yet for Dec 1st and when I rang their booking office they said that all they knew was that it only has 'Coldplay' on Dec , but I am now so delighted to be going to Cardiff and getting so close to the Man Edinburgh .Perhaps I will meet him this time in the early mornig. as I walked Dublin and Edinburgh looking for a guy in a hat (fedora) but maybe I was on a street or two behind him .
So Jarrko
Thank you very much
Regards
Gregor.
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:17 pm

SPECIAL TICKETS TO 02 NOW SOLD OUT BUT TICKETS TO THE OTHER UK SHOWS STILL AVAILABLE.
Use the link on the first page of this thread.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Doctor Bob

Postby Doctor Bob » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:06 pm

jarkko wrote:SPECIAL TICKETS TO 02 NOW SOLD OUT BUT TICKETS TO THE OTHER UK SHOWS STILL AVAILABLE.
Use the link on the first page of this thread.

Thanks, it's working again now, great!
We weren't lovers like that and besides it would still be alright...
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:09 am

Also note that we may get another quota of good tickets to the 2nd 02 concert in London - we expect it to go on sale if and when the first is sold out.
[I have also asked for special tickets to Dublin but it's a bit complicated because there are so many parties involved! I will keep everybody updated here.]
waterford

Postby waterford » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:50 am

jarkko wrote: I have also asked for special tickets to Dublin but it's a bit complicated because there are so many parties involved! I will keep everybody updated here.]
That's great Jarkko - thank you so much.
The Irish contingent are waiting on baited breath to know if the Dublin concert is going to materialise!
Special tickets would be icing on the cake :D

Eileen

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”