Bournemouth 11 November

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
hydriot

Bournemouth 11 November

Post by hydriot »

I much preferred the intimacy of the Manchester Opera House to the lifeless O2, so have bought a ticket for Bournemouth, where the venue looks about the same size as the Opera House. I urge anyone thinking the same way to book quickly, precisely because it is small.

Last night, after the O2 concert, I slept at the City Travelodge for £9 (official price £70). There is a similar deal, though not quite so good, on offer at the Bournemouth Travelodge: £29. I doubt it will be around for long. (And for that price, you get a family room with pull-out second bed, which might be useful if you have a friend travelling on a tight budget).
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Born With The Gift Of A G

Re: Bournemouth 11 November

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

The Bournemouth venue is twice the capacity of the Manchester Opera House.....but at least it's relatively intimate in comparison with The O2/OH NO! Arena!

"The BIC's showpiece, the Windsor Hall, has been fully refurbished and expanded to an increased capacity of 4200 seated to 7200 seated/standing, with an additional 350m2 space."
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Born With The Gift Of A G wrote:The Bournemouth venue is twice the capacity of the Manchester Opera House.....but at least it's relatively intimate in comparison with The O2/OH NO! Arena!

"The BIC's showpiece, the Windsor Hall, has been fully refurbished and expanded to an increased capacity of 4200 seated to 7200 seated/standing, with an additional 350m2 space."
Didn't realise the BIC had been expanded, when did this happen? It did not seem to be that big when I was there in November to see Bill Bailey. Even so, 4200 is intimate by arena standards, Cardiff is 4950 seated/7250 standing. I think Brighton may be smaller but can't find any information on that one.
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

That's right, these venues are very similar in terms of capacity. Both Bournemouth & Cardiff have great views wherever you sit (esp at sides and back) and also have very good acoustics. The tiered seats at Brighton however, are not good both in terms of view and acoustics. The seats at BIC are very comfy!! Retired population I guess!! It's surreal there to be queing with folks wanting to use the swimming pool :D
brokenhill

Post by brokenhill »

Edinburgh was 8500, and still felt and sounded good, though I was near the front. No view over the firth from Bournemouth though?! :(
Still reliving every second of:1970 Isle of Wight, 1985 Birmingham, 2008 Manchester OH , Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Birmingham, 2009 Liverpool and ................ :o)
tadpole

Post by tadpole »

I didn't realise the BIC had got bigger. Oh well, after the O2 it'll seem cosy, even so! I took 2 friends along to the O2 - am bringing 4 to Bournemouth. I seem to have come over all evangelical! :D

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”