Dublin (page 12: cancelled)

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
subtle

Dublin (page 12: cancelled)

Postby subtle » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:10 pm

The O2 (formerly The Point) is not due to open until December so if these dates are confirmed then I guess Leonard will be the first act to play there.
Red Poppy

Re: Dublin Dates The O2

Postby Red Poppy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:04 am

I know I'll get hammered for saying this but I think we may be looking at the imminent demise of the goose that laid the golden egg.
subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Red Poppy wrote:I know I'll get hammered for saying this but I think we may be looking at the imminent demise of the goose that laid the golden egg.
I think I know what you're saying ... and to add a muffled metaphor of my own I would say certainly if he plays 3 nights at the O2 as was rumoured then certain deserts may be in danger of having an excess of dairy products applied.
deda

December concert at the point

Postby deda » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:00 pm

Does anyone know if this date has been confirmed? There are no details yet on ticketmaster but the point website gives it for I think the 1st of Dec.
tinderella

Postby tinderella » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:02 pm

That thought was going through my brain too... Love the man, but is he going to run out of audiences? Booked to go see him in Berlin , then i hear he is coming back to Dublin.... really do not think I can go see him again , I am afraid to add up what i have spent already going to see him and I think the magic could disappear if the shows are the same as i have seen already.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:27 pm

I tend to agree with the aforementioned rueful considerations. The shine is slowly being rubbed off the glow of euphoria as once more, additional saturation seating is being contemplated. Eventually the bums on seats syndrome will falter and fail. I sincerely hope that he doesn't go out with a squid when he could go out leaving everyone wanting more. The old adage of 'leave while you're ahead,' must be taken into serious consideration, surely?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lonndubh

Postby lonndubh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:18 pm

I tend to agree with all posts on this topic.
It does seem a little strange though. Another concert and so soon .
Or would Leonard have to go where he is 'told' :?:
Id imagine that anyone who really really wanted to see him did so in June.
If it were to be the first concert in the new O2 -well that would be another incentive.
But the Big question for me would be -What is the very max that Id pay for a ticket ?
Probably wouldnt want to pay much more than June concert
deda

Postby deda » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:02 pm

The Sat night show was one of the highlights of my life and I was desperately and vainly trying to get tickets for Edinburgh so another concert in Dub sounds brilliant. But I agree with previous posts. Would be awful if it was a disapointment. The Dublin show seems to be the last scheduled this year so whether he goes out with a bang or a whimper? I've heard tickets are in the 200 euro region but I don't know how accurate this is.
subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Lets hope on the Autumn dates he plays some new stuff - now that would be interesting
margaret

Postby margaret » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:34 pm

200 euros? :shock:

I thought the prices last time round were expensive. Having now seen the earlier shows there is no way I would part with that sort of cash to see another one :roll: (even if there were some new songs!)

Margaret
daveeliver

Postby daveeliver » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:44 am

The prices for the shows are off putting,and I'm really trying to justify to myself the time and expense, but the whole experience and memories are still worth it.
The memories will last forever.
I would love more than anything to go to Vienna or possibly Berlin (for many reasons) and the icing on the special cake would be the concerts in those places.
Dublin would not have been the same without the audience and the craic of Dublin, Manchester not the same without the intimacy and Edinburgh not the same without the surroundings.
I had arguments in the past when I cooked the ham and my friend baked the bread,
My ham was special, his bread won awards, neither was better but together it was a lovely snack!
So even if every set list is the same, the quips rehearsed,
every performance and every occasion is different and will produce memories that will last forever.
I'm preaching to the converted but...
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:07 am

margaret wrote:200 euros? :shock:

I thought the prices last time round were expensive. Having now seen the earlier shows there is no way I would part with that sort of cash to see another one :roll: (even if there were some new songs!)

Margaret
I think the 200 euro price must be tout site prices as there has been no official confirmation of the O2 gigs.
But having said that even if they were the 115 euro like Kilmainham a 12000 seater hangar doesnt have the same appeal. Kilmainham and Manchester were brilliant I cant imagine a bigger version of the Point having the same vibe - he may as well go all the way and play Croke Park!

If he has any influence maybe he can get them to lower the prices for these huge venues he'll also attract a few 'casual' or new fans in.

It's real quandry isnt it ... low on funds ..... doesnt he know the Celtic Tiger is dead .... mmmm Cardiff and the Albert Hall that would be different ...
tinderella

Postby tinderella » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:07 am

Well said Dave :D
dolphinswim80

Postby dolphinswim80 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:11 am

i think it is fairly obvious that the reason leonard is continuing touring is that he is trying to cash in and replace the money that went missing which he freely admits in interviews is the case, unlike other bands who swear never to reform.He also stated that he has 'new songs' which he never got to rehearse with the band and he stated they would rehearse these in the fall.The good news is he could play 3 dates in the new 02 venue and not have to repeat a song from another concert such is the wealth of material he has.If the last tour was a 'greatest hits' the next one would be as good in a different way.Lets not turn him off coming back....
confetti

Postby confetti » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:00 am

I saw the seating plan for the new O2 a few days ago and it looks pretty nice, but I don't think I will be going this time. I really couldn't afford another night in dublin at that price, plus those 3 shows are weekday shows and I woulnd't want to shut the shop for 2 days which would further add to the expense. No matter how sad I am about it I don't think I will be going. If you want to see the plan for the O2 it's on ticketmaster for the Coldplay gig which goes on sale tomorrow.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”