Cardiff Wales 8 November - tickets

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
miacomet

Re: Cardiff Wales 8 November

Post by miacomet » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:22 am

Hi Diane, thanks so much for all that information - we have managed to get flights from Knock International airport into Bristol, so now all we have to sort is accomodation - thinking now we might be better to stay in Bristol for the weekend, but will be sad to miss all that lovely Welsh rugby excitement!!! Thanks again, so happy to have got tickets thanks to the forum, :lol:
miacomet
paddieu

Post by paddieu » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:34 am

Do quickly check the times of the last trains East as they vary - ie maybe Newport is fine but may not be any to Bristle or Bath after a certain time. Dont get stuck with no way out and no hotel room !
Diane

Post by Diane » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:01 am

Good thinking, flying to Bristol, miacometjl! If you don't want to miss the rugby excitement then keep your eye out here close to the date to find out the meet-up venue, and come to Cardiff a few hours earlier than the concert starts. Please note there are two main rail stations in Bristol, Parkway and Templemeads. Bristol Templemeads is the one you can get a regular bus to from Bristol Airport (takes about half an hour in traffic), and also the station with more later-in-the-evening trains from Cardiff. As Paddieu says, obviously check everything out before you make firm bookings. The train timetables are available online three months in advance, so that means in a couple of days from now.

http://www.thetrainline.com

The bus station is next to the train station and I just checked and there are buses to some places running later than the trains:

http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/De ... ardiff.cfm
miacomet

Post by miacomet » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:09 pm

Hi guys, thanks so much for all this info - still havn't managed to sort out lodgings for us, so gonna wait till we can view train timetables at weekend and see if we can stay in Bristol. Cardiff seems pretty booked out and any hotels left are mad expensive - so here's hoping, unless Leonard wants to offer us something???!!!!
"If it be your will"
;-)
miacomet
John the Shorts

Post by John the Shorts » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:22 am

miacometjl wrote:Hi guys, thanks so much for all this info - still havn't managed to sort out lodgings for us, so gonna wait till we can view train timetables at weekend and see if we can stay in Bristol. Cardiff seems pretty booked out and any hotels left are mad expensive - so here's hoping, unless Leonard wants to offer us something???!!!!
"If it be your will"
;-)

You may be okay if you do an overnight in Bridgend - not ideal but there is a train to Cardiff Airport at least once an hour
To err is human
To forgive is against government policy

JTS
Diane

Post by Diane » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:30 am

I enquired yesterday and the CIA told me they have a curfew of 23.00 for gigs to finish.

http://www.thetrainline.com for train info

There may still be accommodation in Bridgend. Contact me if you want any help on that.
Last edited by Diane on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob

Post by Rob » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:03 am

There have been some enquiries about parking. Parking in the centre on a saturday is pretty hit and miss at the best of times; on an international day not an option. It is usual for all trafic to be diverted away from the centre of town for several hours.

Rob
Happygirl

Post by Happygirl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:30 am

Nos da everyone! I'm poor and ticketless and am desparately looking for 2 GOOD SEATS for the Cardiff gig on 8th November. I'm in Dublin, a friend of mine is in Cardiff, could pick them up either here or there. So if any of the rugby & Leonard fans don't think they'll make it to both, please sell them to me, it'll be for a very good cause :lol: Diolch yn fawr! P.S. Any of the Lucca crowd thinking of going to Caerdydd?
I lit a thin green candle {in Barcelona} to make you jealous of me
Dublin 13th July 08 - Lucca 27th July 08 - Dublin 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd July 09 - Barcelona 21st Sept 09 http://lifeisafestival.wordpress.com/
Diane

Post by Diane » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

I hope you managed to get some tickets, Happygirl.

Mozart by Candlelight, Sunday 9th November, if anyone's still around:

http://www.stdavidshallcardiff.co.uk/en ... sp?ID=1956
kwills

Post by kwills » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:59 am

If anyone is still looking for a place to stay,try Swansea,which is about a half hour away by train?I know some of the rugby crowd do that if Cardiff is full up.I don't know the times of the last train though,maybe Diane has that covered?
kwills
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
Happygirl

Post by Happygirl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:32 am

No ticket offers yet, Diane, but still hoping. The Mozart thing looks really intriguing, hope you enjoy it.
I lit a thin green candle {in Barcelona} to make you jealous of me
Dublin 13th July 08 - Lucca 27th July 08 - Dublin 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd July 09 - Barcelona 21st Sept 09 http://lifeisafestival.wordpress.com/
Diane

Post by Diane » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:24 pm

The train timetable has changed since last I consulted it! Pl. re-check your train times.
Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:47 pm

Diane,
Sheila and I are still on for the gig on the 8th and by looking here on the forum there seems to be a lot of people looking for what you sorted for us, The rugby is taking its toll on accomodation and getting people to the venue. The fact that you have hands on experience and on the ground sort of speaking perhaps at this stage we could set up a meet sort of like a jamburiee or sorts because the signs that at this stge LC will be well toured and may not want to do it again or may not be able and on reflection the summer tour was a Blazzing on .
Could I do it
Well my age may allow it but Leonard has like twenty years on me but I grew up with the guy's peotry and music
Talk later
G
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in
Diane

Post by Diane » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:39 pm

Gregor, you are not reading this thread properly, and I am deducting a point from your score :) .
Rob is going to post a meet-up venue on here, somewhere close to the CIA, where everyone can congregate before the concert. Hopefully, everyone in this thread, and not in this thread, will be able to get along.

I harbour ideas about getting people along to a beach gathering on the Sunday afternoon/evening, but I will be lucky to pull it off, as logistically it would be challenging, and people will exclaim, "you're joking, at this time of year!" etc. But in case anyone is interested, here are some pix of the locale, on the website of the pub where we could eat at lunchtime before proceeding to the beach.

http://www.theploughmonknash.com/locale.htm

If a few people pm me to say they are interested, I will give this some more thought. If you are relying on public transport, it would entail getting a train to Bridgend and probably a taxi to the pub, approx a 15 minute ride. The walk from the pub to the beach is about 20 minutes. It'll be muddy.

I appreciate, though, that people coming to Cardiff for the weekend will probably prefer to see Cardiff itself, rather than make excursions.
kwills

Post by kwills » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:02 am

I'd love to meet up with you guys,but going home on Sunday, and going to the rugby before the concert.We are staying at the Ibis,which is just behind the venue so I'm hoping against hope that just maybe I'll catch a glimpse of him arriving at the venue!Maybe meeting him!oh Heaven!
If you are very near the venue I might see you,though I wouldn't recognize you!If you see someone hanging around wearing a Welsh rugby shirt,that's me!!
Kwills
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”