Brussels, 20 October (unconfirmed)

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
richardrj

Brussels, 20 October (unconfirmed)

Post by richardrj »

yoeri

Re: Brussels, 20 October (unconfirmed)

Post by yoeri »

Leonard Cohen in het najaar opnieuw op Belgisch podium

Leonard Cohen gaf vorige week een prachtig optreden in het Brugse Minnewaterpark, en blijkbaar is het contact met het Belgische publiek hem wel bevallen. Op 20 oktober komt hij terug naar België voor een optreden in Vorst Nationaal.

De setlist van de Canadese bard bestaat momenteel uit een fijne selectie uit zijn hoogstaande oeuvre. Klassiekers als "Bird on a Wire", "Tower of Song", "Hallelujah", "I’m your Man", "Take this Waltz" en "So long, Marianne" zullen ongetwijfeld de revue passeren.

Tickets zijn te koop vanaf donderdag om 9 uur, via http://www.sherpa.be of telefonisch op 070/252020. jns
nies

Post by nies »

we are so lucky. the concert in brugge was sublime and now we get to see him once again in brussels. (and at a very fair price) I just wish this tour would go on and on and on.....
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Here's the seating plan for Leonard Cohen in Vorst:

Only difference is that this one shows the "Golden seats" aswell...
Seating plan Vorst Nationaal - LC
Seating plan Vorst Nationaal - LC
Seating_plan_Vorst_LC.png (47.59 KiB) Viewed 9012 times

Prizes Vorst Nationaal

Golden seats 79 euro
Category 1 69 euro
Category 2 59 euro
Category 3 49 euro
Category 4 39 euro

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Sherpa.be seems to be overloaded.
By refreshing the page many times, I could get 3 CAT1 seats although they were not available anymore 5 mins before.
The thing that worries me a bit is that Forest National is an old and not so good theatre regarding accoustics.
Good luck!
I told you when I came I was a stranger...
annvandeneynde

Post by annvandeneynde »

Apparently, there will be a second concert in Vorst - October 19th!
Good luck in getting a ticket - I already got mine
Mnemosyne9

Post by Mnemosyne9 »

damn, now i can get better seats on sunday but already have cat.2 tickets for monday.. can't spend more :? sucks.

anyway, can't complain, stood less then 8meters from the man in Bruges :D
i can die a happy man ;-)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

I don't agree with the complaint about the acoustics in Vorst Nationaal. A lot of people seem to make a fuss about it, but most concerts I saw at Vorst were quite allright.
I heard a rumour that Leonard was planning on coming to the Bozar at first. Looks like the bigger cappacity of Vorst made him change his mind. That's a bit of a shame because the sound at the Bozar is really as it should be.
len

Post by len »

Mnemosyne9 wrote:damn, now i can get better seats on sunday but already have cat.2 tickets for monday.. can't spend more :? sucks.
Drat. My wife picked up tickets at the FNAC as soon as they opened on Thursday (10am -- the golden seats were already sold, but we got the next level down, in M, which I'm still really happy about) but didn't realize the second show had been scheduled. Looks like only the least desirable seats are still available, but I'm tempted to get tickets anyway -- if the show is anything like Amsterdam, I'll be happy to go twice.

(Despite being at the back of the crowd, we both found that concert absolutely amazing. Granted, it was our first time seeing Leonard live, but it's something we've been waiting for for years, along with most of the rest of you. :) I hope some day we'll have the chance to see him at a smaller venue -- on a tour like this, getting a moment to speak to the performer is next to impossible, and I'd really like to have the chance to thank LC for what his words have meant for me. Maybe I can try to get a letter to him.)

If anyone has two spare tickets to the show on the 19th in the 69€ or golden seats, I'm definitely interested. (I doubt anyone does at this point, but should it come up...)

It may be too soon for this, also, but is there interest in a meet-up before the concert?
Walter

Post by Walter »

I still can't forgive myself for missing the Bruges gig. Luckily I now have a second chance on the twentieth. (Only after buying my tickets I came aware of the fact that a second show has been added on Sunday. This would have been easier for me to go to (traffic wise). Oh well, I've got my ticket, that's the most important :D ).

As for the acoustics issue: this can indeed be a problem in Vorst Nationaal. At least it was a problem at the Dylan gig I went to last year. Well, mostly for the louder songs, so that would not be a problem for LC I guess.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”