October/November concerts in Germany

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Florian

Re: Oberhausen, Germany, November 2

Post by Florian »

Besides all doubts i have after the "Berlin Waldbühne Incident":
I got my Ticket! Third Row, center Block infront of the Stage. :D
Now i just keep praying untill the official confirmation is made
But even after a confirmation, i probably will belive it just when the show beginns
So long i hoped for this to happen...
tinderella

Re: Berlin October 4 - O2

Post by tinderella »

Where exactly is the venue in Berlin ? is it the east of the city, just so I know where to book accommodation.
pironi

Munich and Hamburg????

Post by pironi »

What about the Munich (6. October) and Frankfurt (29.October) concerts mentioned in the music websites in Germany??
Is it going to be like this: ??????????????????
Berlin 4. October
München 6. October
Frankfurt 29. October
Hamburg 31. October
Oberhausen 2. November
Chubi

Re: October/November concerts in Germany

Post by Chubi »

For those deep in the south, I see tickets for a concert in Munich on 6th October are now on sale, but not yet for Frankfurt.
tupelo

Post by tupelo »

I booked tickets for Hamburg just now, I am just going to risk this not happening rather than not booking tickets and then finding it does happen. So first London (where I live), O2 arena, somewhere in the skies, 5 miles away from the stage, and then Hamburg (where luckily I can crash at a friend's place, who's going to come to the gig with me), left block, first row. :D :D :D I am so happy, let's hope it's really true...
gazab

Post by gazab »

Hi All Just to comfirm leonard cohen concert Berlin at O2 in Oct 08 is avalible to book from ticketmaster.co.uk 94 euros in front blocks i belive have been able to book this afternoon did not go through with credit card details as need to find out if my partner can go depends if term time as we are teachers...... :D
calypso

Post by calypso »

ispellit wrote: Einer der ungewöhnlichsten Musiker der Popgeschichte bestätigt sein Kommen für den Herbst 2008: Leonard Cohen. Nach 15 Jahren Pause betritt der kanadische Dichter und Sänger erneut die Bühne. Der mittlerweile 73jährige veröffentlichte in seiner beispiellosen Karriere mehr als 15 Alben und zwölf Gedicht- und Prosabände. 1996 zog sich der Musiker in ein buddhistisches Kloster zurück, wo er Zen-Meditation betrieb und zum Mönch ernannt wurde. Im Herbst 2008 ist der Ausnahmekünstler Leonard Cohen nun zu Gast in Deutschland: am 31. Oktober tritt er in der Color Line Arena in Hamburg auf![/i]
There is my translation :

"One of the most unusual artist of pop confirms his coming for october 2008 : LC. After 15 years break, the canadian poet and singer stand again on stage. The meanwhile 73 years old singer published in his unprecedented carrer more than 15 albums and 12 volumes of prose and poems. He retires 1996 in a Buddhist monastery, where he studies Zen-meditation and became a monk. In Autumn 2008 the exceptionnal artist LC will be guest in Germany : on 31. october he will be on stage in Hamburg on the Color Line Arena."

hoping you understand my english (I'm a french girl, with good practis in german).
loulou

Post by loulou »

thank you very much for your help Kerstin & Jarkko
(i have decided to wait for the fall schedule to see if there is a venue that appeals more to me, even though i am originally from hamburg and i still have an airline ticket for berlin.......)
desire the horse
depression the cart
stephencharlton

Post by stephencharlton »

Gatwick - Berlin on easyjet return less than 50 GBP, out 4th return 5th Oct. ( Cheaper than my fuel bill to Manchester in June !). Tickets are cheaper too. Ticketmaster postage from Germany is 6.50 GBP, recorded delivery, so if concert is not confirmed then not such a loss if refund required.
2008 Manchester
London O2 x3
2009 Berlin
2010 Poland
2012 Belgium
2013 London 02
tupelo

Post by tupelo »

My tickets for Hamburg just arrived through the post. That was quick!
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Our tickets for Oberhausen arrived today ! :D

Wijbe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Jarkko,
I`m sorry, but what with these concerts in Germany ?
No longer he has 50 % places (bought out), and a formal confirmation is missing? He will be like the confirmation, places will be missing (or else they will be " hopeless"). Once I have already bought tickets to Berlin. And "I played" into handing tickets in. He is how he is. But situation (saying gently) is irritating ".

I am greeting ,
jeremek
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The tour management waits until every concert is confirmed and the contracts signed, and only
then they will make the list public.
This may mean that some of the concerts are sold out by then,
because some of the local promoters seem to put the tickets on sale instantly when they get
their details fixed, and don't wait the official tour announcement.

I'm pretty convinced that the German concerts and those three in Paris are to be confirmed in
the final list. I booked tickets to Berlin, too!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Jarkko !

I thank you. It is a REPLY !!! :D
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
abulafia

Post by abulafia »

After seeing Leonard some days ago in Montreux, I think I have to attend one more concert this year... I don't know either the Olympiahalle in Munich nor the O2 world in Berlin. Does anyone have been in the Olympiahalle and knows one of the O2 halls (they look all the same, don't they?) and can give an advice which concert to choose?

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”