From Leonard to the Forum members

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Sophia

Post by Sophia » Tue May 08, 2007 9:04 pm

He always has a magic way to give us a friendly wink :wink: !

Sophia
John K.

Post by John K. » Tue May 08, 2007 9:24 pm

This is a beautiful and wonderful offering from Mr. Cohen. If you read this, sir, thank you.

And thanks also to Doron for the explanation as I wouldn't have understood otherwise.

John K.
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
Manna

Post by Manna » Tue May 08, 2007 10:41 pm

Leonard,
I wasn't thinking these conflicts of late had anything to do with me, but I am as much a part of the unit as anyone. In that light, they did have something to do with me, and I did nothing to soothe. This gesture tells me that you take it personally.

I hope this whipped cream
you've spread over the cannons
lasts for a good while
Paula

Post by Paula » Tue May 08, 2007 11:59 pm

Red Poppy I am bemused as you. What the hell has been going on when my computer is turned off. Does this forum turn into a war zone and when I log back on it is all well again.
Pete

Post by Pete » Wed May 09, 2007 12:24 am

Disunity??
Phew!! for one minute I thought he said 'this unity' :shock:
I'll just keep walking by, whistling 'one of us cannot be wrong'...that'll keep me out of mischief :D
Pete
st theresa

Leonard Cohen and Leonard Nimoy.

Post by st theresa » Wed May 09, 2007 2:37 am

Thanks Leonard
and also those who recognized the Vulcan salute. Oddly enough, I was also a Leonard Nimoy fan back in the day. An interesting observation: I once attended a conference on Asperger's syndrome, in which the presenter commented that her brother who had Asperger's (which is a high functioning form of autism) was a huge fan of Leonard Nimoy (of Star trek vulcan fame)
She noted that his admiration for Spock, stemmed from his lack of emotional response to situations, which is also a trait of Asperger's syndrome. However she noted that far from being unfeeling, people who have Asperger's experience extreme emotional responses which cause problems for them functioning in the world. They learn to hide their feelings and compensate by using language to deal with the world. I am not familiar enough with people with this syndrome to speak authoritatively, but that information stuck with me. This association of Leonard Cohen and Leonard Nimoy has surfaced for me before--my screen saver on my computer is a picture of Leonard Cohen which could just as easily be Leonard Nimoy.
Kaleid

Post by Kaleid » Wed May 09, 2007 3:58 am

"Love's the only engine of survival" :)
Neophyte

Post by Neophyte » Wed May 09, 2007 4:06 am

So grateful to you, Leonard!! Image
Hallelujah!!!
BoHo

Post by BoHo » Wed May 09, 2007 2:59 pm

+/-
Last edited by BoHo on Wed May 16, 2007 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lightning

Post by lightning » Wed May 09, 2007 5:11 pm

Does El Shadai mean his priestly benediction of unity only for the children of Israel, as he usually does, or for the descendants of the various heathen tribes that communicate with this forum, e.g. Anglo Saxons, Celts, Huns, Nords etc. etc. If so it would be a first for the great Shin as he usually only communicates with his chosen people, which has created more than enough disunity through the ages.
forged alloy

Post by forged alloy » Wed May 09, 2007 10:36 pm

Rule #1 in the prophets handbook:

The simpler the message, the more widely it can it be interpreted.
The high cost of living doesn't seem to have hurt it's popularity!
jimbo

post issue

Post by jimbo » Thu May 10, 2007 2:23 am

ye you dont have to decipher whats written here its already in black and white[i

loves the only engine of survival...................................

jacobi>[/i]
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Thu May 10, 2007 3:26 am

Sophia wrote:He always has a magic way to give us a friendly wink :wink: !

Sophia
Ah! Yes. My guess is : it is just a synchronicity. Otherwise the poor man should post this at least twice a week in almost every thread. :D

Thanks Doron, nice to read you again - I was a busy bee, so very busy that I missed why he should have post this in purpose. Good for me. 8)

All in all, I must be in the impossibility to witness the next one for the same reason. But ey! Some silly things can happen but people here are great!

Paula :) Nice to read you again too! Why dear? Vulcan salute is not, hum, "a finger", dear. 8) It is full of inspiration, just have a glance at Lizzy's post about that.

St.Teresa, hello dear! I mean "salute" and you know how. :D

And Anglo Saxons, Celts, Huns, Nords etc. etc. never did any problems to anybody. Of course. ah!. like they say Wa diddy wa diddy dum diddy do (excuse my error of spealing this words of wisdom) Jimbo, lets us take it that way around : this is ain't good anymore. Love (as unity) is the only engine of survival. :wink:

Even if there is turbulences. I guess it is part of the game. Have fun! See you in a while my bunch of crocodiles! :D Love!
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
pipkinra

Artwork

Post by pipkinra » Thu May 10, 2007 8:05 pm

Thanks to a personage of true spiritual generosity!
Il y a beaucoup de choses dans la vie a expérience. Et par le music de Leonard Cohen j'ai expérienté plusieurs de les..

There are many things to experience in life. And through the music of Leonard Cohen I have experienced many of them.
simonmoorehead

I've been listening to all the dissention

Post by simonmoorehead » Fri May 11, 2007 12:39 am

I must watch it again on DVD

He's a prophet! (The crowd)

No he's not he's a very naughty boy! (his Mum)

Si
i would like to buy any artwork by lc
simonmoorehead@yahoo.com

Snow is Falling , there's a nude in my room!

Return to “News”