May 13th: Leonard and Anjani Live in Toronto

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I wish I was getting broadband next week, Taisce :mrgreen: ~ I usually have no cause for using that emoticon, but in the case of broadband... well, there you have it!

It looks like your place in the crowd was decent! Oh... did you stop recording when Anjani began singing, or it there more footage [perhaps, of her] to come? It's just wonderful being able to view what you have ~ shaky or not 8) !!

The sound quality is wonderful :D .

~ Lizzy
taisce

Post by taisce »

:lol: Lizzy, I know, I've been waiting for broadband for years!
I only had limited space on my memory card, but I do have the number where Leonard sings with Anjani.(amongst others)
The friend who travelled with me was also suitably impressed, not having heard much Cohen stuff before, I may have dragged a convert along :)
She really came for the trip to New York, as she doesn't drive and wouldn't otherwise be able to see part of the US like that.
Anyway, I will upload what I have as soon as the computer gets a wee bit faster :lol:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Taisce ~

See the "13/05/06 on YouTube" thread for the footage :D in this section. Remember and enjoy 8) ! Still looking forward to yours :) .

~ Lizzy
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

Taisce wow that is devotion. I would not worry about the shaky camera it is hard to keep a camera still. The footage you shot is great.

Did you see the photos taken by Carrie Musgrave, that Tom posted in another thread?
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/indigo-carrie.html
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
taisce

Post by taisce »

I know! Absolutely amazing photos :D
luluvox

Post by luluvox »

My boyfriend and I made a roadtrip up to Toronto just for the event, and I must say, it was worth it. Tears streaming down my face during "So Long, Marianne," the feeling of being among friends, and the chance to show off my hummingbird tattoo (you know the one from the cover of Recent Songs, The Future, and various and sundry other Cohen-related things). It was such a nice day. :)

Also, hello everyone; this is my first post.
Dem

Post by Dem »

Welcome luluvox

Were exaclty in your body is that
tattoo did you say ?

Dem
luluvox

Post by luluvox »

Dem wrote:Welcome luluvox

Were exaclty in your body is that
tattoo did you say ?

Dem
Well, I didn't. :D But it's on my back, smack dab between my shoulder blades.

Thanks for the welcome!
Dem

Post by Dem »

Steven Page of Barenaked Ladies whose literary heroes include Philip Roth and Richard Yates, recently got to meet another one, Leonard Cohen. Cohen is the venerable Canadian poet who penned such classic tunes as Suzanne and Bird on a Wire.

"You know, we all have fantasies. One of mine was to be onstage singing with Leonard Cohen. He did a book launch in Toronto and when I showed up, I ended up sharing a mic with him. We sang So Long, Marianne and Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye."

"It was mind blowing," Page said.
full article:
http://tinyurl.com/qkd7s

Dem
sturgess66

Re: May 13th: Leonard and Anjani Live in Toronto

Post by sturgess66 »

New video from this event uploaded to YouTube by japewisteria - Leonard Cohen, Anjani, Barenaked Ladies & Ron Sexsmith singing "So Long Marianne" - at Indigo bookstore in Toronto - May 13, 2006

"We didn't have iPhone's or GoPro's back then. I recorded this on a Canon portable camera, which I regrettably forgot I had on me till the mid-point of the song."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt2sjaU5pLw
MaryB

Re: May 13th: Leonard and Anjani Live in Toronto

Post by MaryB »

He could still sing in a higher octave....

Thank you Linda!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “News”