Interview with Leonard

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Philwilli

The interview with Marianne

Post by Philwilli » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:26 pm

Moved
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:54 pm

Playingsafe.....seconded.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
kleinschmidt

Post by kleinschmidt » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:01 am

Indeed a great interview with Marianna. She's so sweet singing along with leonard's songs. And when she recall the first time their eyes meet. And the way she describes him and his beloved tennis shoes :D This interview is what I have always waited for. I'm stunned.
When they recite the poem "together" - it just kills me.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:02 am

P.S. All that about the free love in the sixties was BS.
You were around in the Sixties, at an age that would be privy to the prevailing, intimacy dynamics of the artists and bohemian types, and those experimenting with drugs? If you were, it's hard for me to imagine that this is your comment stated as though it were the truth.

I was around in the Sixties, at an age that would be privy to the prevailing, intimacy dynamics of the artists and bohemian types, and those experimenting with drugs. The description here is very accurate regarding what I witnessed. I saw it in Ann Arbor, Detroit, Flint, and Atlanta. The manipulation of "free love" ~ the unmet expectations of women engaging in it. A joint and the back of a van was often all that was needed, after a "free love" invitation [or pressure]. In New York, it would be even more intense. On Hydra, a small, island community, where people automatically remained in close proximity, on an island, whose culture with the music and the wine flowing, the drugs, the warm air and sea, and the sunshine ~ it would be as well. In the 80s, I witnessed people in the Keys, getting together, parting, getting with someone else, parting, hurt feelings and wounded persons lying everywhere. Trysts and all.

Were you at any Ivy League college or something, where things weren't like this at all? If you were in anything similar to a 'hippie'/explorative, young seeker type of community, you would recognize this as valid description.

~ Lizzy
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:42 pm

Fascinating interview! He says he doesn't remember much - hahaha! :lol: Well, in a way, it's true, and in another way it's false. He remembers what mattered to him. He doesn't have to remember anything else.
Only just found this video of LC:
http://ca.youtube.com/user/leonardcohen?ob=4" target="_blank

This one does make me cry.

Return to “News”