I want my Squidgy back!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
bee

Post by bee » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:00 pm

wasting my time like this, posting garbage on news section.
Jurica- just what are you fussing about? People were writing about Clinton and Monica under the table in the office having some fun :roll: , you were quite sympathetic to the drunken terrorists raping children in Beslava, and you would burn me at stake for writing about the movie deal? Besides-what can I do, it is all true, 8) I live in San Francisco, it is my duty to report what's going on. The other day my son, who also loves to dine with friends in North Beach restaurant- "Steps of Rome"-( very garlicky food, and I hate that place) he saw Sean Penn coming out of "Tosca" club. So he went over to him to congratulate on the Squidge movie. But as it was, my son said said-Sean's face was all so angry and twisted-that he had to step back,( my son is 6 "3', while Sean is rather smallish guy), so pissed was Sean. What you gonna do, bad mood and all. Perhaps it has something to do with the movie, may be some other thing. I'll let you know, when I'll have more info on that.
I don't know Jurica how about you-but for me-as soon as I see one anti smoking commercial, I just want to smoke 2 cigarettes at the same time and one more after, shnell!
bee
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:03 am

Young dr. Freud wrote:
That's because you are a "binary mediator".

This is pretty hard to justify, as is, YdF ~ when mediation/no mediation aren't even the issue.
Tom,

That's the wonderful thing about this forum...I don't have to justify it. Lizzy makes a pronouncement and it is a Forum Fiat. You'll just have to face it ...your name is forever inextricably linked with intercessory ones and zeros.

YdF
tom.d.stiller

Post by tom.d.stiller » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:10 am

Young dr. Freud wrote:You'll just have to face it ...your name is forever inextricably linked with intercessory ones and zeros.
Does that mean that I'm stuck in Forum 101 forever? At least I am learning my lessons, then...
bee

Post by bee » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:15 am

Does that mean that I'm stuck in Forum 101 forever? At least I am learning my lessons, then...
So you are, dear Tom, live and learn! :x

Dear YdF, right now I need a help from you, as from a professional, a doctor. :cry: Linda says, that I am not quite right in my head, which naturally is not that of a pleasant thought to ponder about. :x Now-would you, please, kindly explain, what is wrong with me; I promise I will tell all the disturbing symptoms of my illness. OK, the main reason- I WANT MY SQUIDGY BACK!If I want my missing Squidgy back-what would I do?
1) I would go on and contact Jarkko for her real name, em, given address, location.
2) I would try to contact her immediate family husband, wife, son, daughter, mother, father.
3) If there are none of those, I would locate and contact her family, who perhaps live under different name.
4) I would find out through State and Federal agencies, where did she work?
5) Through Federal and local agencies I would find out- in what condition was her home or work place at the time of disaster.
6) I would find out, what was the evacuation plan, how was that executed at the time considering location.
7) I would contact nearby agencies of missing persons-Federal and local.
After that, I would post the reports of the results of my work,
or e-m mail to the people, who were engaged in research and effort to find my Squidge. Am I nuts to think like that?
Or-somebody, who posts the reports of the trying and steps and goings, and talks and laughs and chats-perhaps they are in a need of doctor's help?
'Cause seems to me, like a big smoke screen, or anti smoke add, or just plain bullshit to advertise ones "compassionate" effort? They don't want at all-to have my Squidgy back!
I want my Squidgy back! :evil:
bee
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:20 pm

Bee ~

You obviously [what insight that took :roll: ] don't agree with my methods regarding trying to establish the whereabouts and safety of St. Squidgy during and since Hurricane Katrina hit.

Your wailing mockery of the fact that anything is written here at all, by people who do care [the ridicule, of course, focused on me]; mockingly screaming a real person's name, who more than one person here personally knows, and have expressed concern about; and then launching into your sub-standard parody that goes tangentially into directions that don't even make sense; and then posting that mess in the News section [vs. the Member's Poetry section ~ where creative/uncreative (as the case may be) writing of members is posted ~ and where fictional stuff would belong ~ even if it's intended for ridicule of another member here] is what made this thread and your initial posting disrespectful and disgusting.

This is a public site, Bee ~ one where either Squidgy or someone who knows her would be likely to show up at some point. I didn't initiate a thread for the purpose, but placed my postings regarding her on Greg's "Katrina" thread [vs. my own regarding the "News"], as given recent events and where she lives, it was the most highly-favoured one for either Squidgy or someone knowing her, to read.

Whereas, another person also sought information on his friend, Squidgy, on another public site [where I had posted request for information and contact information]; this site is also one that makes full sense for posting a similar request. Anyone who loves Cohen enough to travel from New Orleans to New York for an Event ~ regardless of ill-will in the past with other members or sites ~ is likely to revisit, for whatever reason. She did not have a falling out with Greg or Joe. Greg and Joe may also not be the only ones who know her here and who share our concern. As I've already said, Squidgy may not be the only one who will visit here at some point. Someone who knows her may, and knowing that the hurricane hit her area, may read the Katrina thread. They will know that we are not the only ones concerned and may, in fact, deliver a message to her about her friend in California, as well as us. Others already here, who may also know her, may at some point be in contact with her, and let her know about Greg, Joe, and the man in California.

Posting the basics I've done is not unreasonable in this way, as it prevents duplication of efforts. In my notice, elsewhere, I included Joe's name ~ in fact, put it first, for someone to be contacted. Anyone who knows me at all, Bee, would recognize what I've done as not unusual for me. This trait has worked well in situations where action vs. talk accomplishes more. I don't always "spring into action," but where quandaries exist, I do start moving in the direction of gathering information and seeking solutions and resolution, rather than just 'standing around' talking about it. That is not to express any criticisms of Joe or Greg. It is to express that different people have different strengths, and are more at ease in performing different roles. One of mine has always been information gathering. Diligence has always been another.

When two people expressed concern, and that this was a person they knew and cared about, I knew that I could, perhaps, assist in finding out something concrete, and simply began moving in that direction. It wasn't necessary to contact Jarkko or anyone else here to do so. I did not do it behind the scenes, as I don't communicate with Greg privately; and I don't know who all comes here, and in that context, who may know who, who knows still another who, who may know Squidgy, and, of course, Squidgy herself. Implicity keeping them informed, as I periodically, along the way, informed the others, is not an unusual thing to do.

I am still hoping that, at some point, the word will get to her that we are wondering and concerned about how she is and how she fared. The man from California certainly understood the benefits of requesting information publicly and, sharing our concerns, did not hesitate to contact me.

Since you've called attention to yourself, via your attempted parody, Squidgy's name is now easily spotted. In that way ~ and that way alone ~ you may have inadvertently served a functional purpose, in its way. Anyone reading it, of course, will quickly realize that you do not have any genuine concern related to this person ~ that your writing is solely related to vendetta purposes regarding me.

Your attempted parody, punctuated by profanity, as well as your follow-up post, are, at once, both flippantly and derisively mocking, and clearly intended to be "bashing" of me. Still, what was, by far, the most objectionable about them weren't the sections about me, but rather what/who you had no qualms about using as your basis.

Your skills in parody are lacking, as one must come closer to truths to really be effective. You brought together really disparate elements that created more of a butcher job, akin to your Eva Braun attempt to disparage me. In the end, it was just 'more of the same' from you. My comments to Tom regarding "bashing" were based on that word being introduced by YdF and followed up on by Tom. So, my ensuing discussion followed in that vein. My initial response to you, however, included my comment that "Your 'comedy' is at Squidgy's expense. She may even, in retrospect, find it humourous. I can deal with the portion that's at mine, and it actually reflects on you."

Regardless of how you feel about my methods [and the motives you wrongfully assign to them], I'll repeat the rest of my initial comment to you: "However, I don't appreciate your going off on this silly tangent, regarding someone whose whereabouts and welfare still remain unknown to those here who care."

~ Elizabeth
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:17 am

Dear Bee,

No one who posts on this forum can be entirely right in their heads. That is why I am here.

However, I must agree with your layman's assessment of this case. Quietly "gathering information" behind the scenes is much to be preferred over the hand-wringing hourly reports on the missing person. These frequent outbursts of "diligence" often induce a sense of panic in the population-at-large. Causing a stampede in the general direction of the Poetry Section. Where they will die like flies.

YdF
bee

Post by bee » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:05 am

Dear YdF! I thought so, thank you very much! 8) Like 'over the cuckoo's nest', where the nurse is in charge? :roll:
bee
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:17 pm

YdF and Bee ~ You two go together very well.

Bee ~ Nurse Ratchett was, in fact, a very mean-spirited woman. Those disparate elements really are a thing with you. As type-casting goes, there would be far better choices for one to play her. Right here in this very room, in fact.

Well, I have productive things I need to get on with, so see you both around.

~ Elizabeth
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:00 pm

Young dr. Freud wrote:Maybe Squidgy doesn't want to be found by the benighted members of this forum. Didn't she leave the newsgroup because of some very disagreeable posts regarding her religion.

The only "true life drama" going on here is the one in Lizzy's head.

As for banning anyone....oh please. Any section that can contain a Kelley Lynch punching thread can stand a little Lizzy bashing.

YdF
Wow! What a surprise, I'm tuned on a YdF message in almost 100%. I only disagree with the "true life drama" being only in Lizzy's head.

Jurica, it is sad that you have not even a tiny idea of how sense of humour can be a valuable part of life, because you can not enjoy a good laugh reading your post here for a second time.

Bee, I fall off my chair and was on the floor laughing when I read the Woopy part of your thread. The fact that you mixed oranges (bashing) and apples (compassion) did not matter a lot, as she is truly a compassionate person. Nobody is perfect. Ey! Anyway. Without ""bad"(guy - or behavior) character" (or trickster in Jung's language - sorry (not really - do I used the " " correctly? (what the h...)) YdF) once in a while a forum would be boring to death.

This said, I really hope this person under this nickname is OK. Under the circumstances, of course.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:45 pm

Well, it looks like I'm getting somewhat outvoted on what constitutes a good time for the masses. Reminds me of the humour level on the sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond," which the ratings would suggest the masses love. The characters in it certainly seem bored with their lives.

Expressed tally so far ~ " :lol: Bashing :lol: Lizzy :lol: ":

YdF
Bee
Laurie [based on previous comments]
Linda
Tom
Joe [based on interpretation of not being "as brave" as Tom, regarding speaking out on recent, ongoing events, and the content of that speaking out]
Tchocolatl
Kush [very uncertain on that one ~ paraphrased "just ride out the storm and rise above it" doesn't really suggest support, as much as advice]

Not that I would have expected some of the tally to have weighed in any differently than they did on it :roll: . As in any 'election,' of course, there were some surprizes. That's politics for ya :wink: .

I guess the most 'appropriate' way to join in would be to first adopt a charactonym, maybe a minor variation of my real name [and one someone has already used for me here, in its abbreviated form], like Queen Elizabeth I, and then go about joining in on the bashing, so that the strongest supporters of that activity, and those who do it, will have their ready-made premises already in place, in defense of my actions, as well, "Hey ~ What are you gonna do? The QEI must decapitate! Besides, you don't agree with her, politically, so it's not like you don't already know what to expect ."

Then, I can keep in reserve "the Beast" and loosely alternate laying claim to that for variation, laughs, and deflection ~ I believe one might consider that to be the secular version of "Don't blame me. The Devil made me do it."

However, I won't be doing any of that. As 'game' plans go, though, it appears to be an acceptable one.

For me, sanctioned, group humour at another's expense ~ particularly, for the purpose of alleviating boredom, is more a matter of lack of real imagination, in being able to address one's, own boredom, constructively.

Reminds me of what I've shared here before, but is appropriate to share again ~ the words of a rabbi:

"When I was young,
I admired people
who are clever.

Now that I'm old,
I admire those
who are kind."

Yeah, I know. Boring. Still, to each his own ~ and I really like it.

Why does the film "Billy Jack" ~ particularly one scene ~ keep crossing over my mind's-eye screen.

~ Lizzy

Thanks for your positive thoughts on Squidgy, Tchocolatl.
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:26 pm

Lizz~

I walked away from all this what seems like ages ago. Backed away is more precise.

No one is questioning your political point of view or any of those other things/ideas that create opposing opinions. We are a very eclectic group of fans around here, from what I have witnessed.

What has been the main 'complaint' (for lack of a better word) is your Behavior. You seem to be oblivious to the 'extremism' your behavior takes on, on a regular, predicatable basis.

Even this latest post, that has a 'tally' and a freakin 'list' is another example of your over-the-top behavior...Again, all this still MY opinion.

Stop for a minute. Quit being so defensive. Listen to what folks are saying, some kinder than others about what this has been about.

I am NOT going to get into an on going discussion about this post with you. So, please don't expect a response from me beyond what I am saying here. You HAVE heard enough from me.

Kindness has not worked in getting your attention. Being less than kind (and I Have been that) does not work either.

regards,
Laurie

Later: the amount of time spent "thinking" about this was between 8:26 to 8:41. That is all I need to read and know about what was and wasn't heard in this post. I'd delete it (this post) entirely, but that would mess up the scheme of things. Certainly, the last word from me on this subject.
Last edited by LaurieAK on Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:41 pm

I'll comment more later, Laurie; but, for now, it still registers with me what you choose to term 'over the top,' even in this, instant thread.

I'm not speaking, by the way, of anyone questioning my political views. That comment was a direct reference to its being a partial justification for "bashing" ~ I'll give the direct quote, later.

Why would you be so surprized [I know you're not going to answer this, so it's really rhetorical] that I would make a list, giving a tally ~ when others continue to 'weigh in' on it. It's merely a summing up of what's going on ~ different sides of the same face. One is fine. The other "extreme."

I guess we're all "eclectic," but not acceptable, in that, to the extent that what we choose to initiate and flood a thread with; and how we express ourselves, to come within that. You're amazingly selective in what/on whose "extreme" behaviour[s] you choose to comment. I wonder if you've ever ~ in fact ~ done so with anyone else. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I'm not being defensive, as much as I'm getting sick of the hypocrisy that's currently so rampant.

By the way, don't dismiss my above, "extreme" thread ~ look for the message in it. It certainly deserves the same, careful attention to detail and message as others [and by others] of 'similar' nature. It's not even like I made anything up. Just applied already-existing material that's been endorsed and 'agreed upon.' For principles to remain principles, they require even application. A good one for you to remember.

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:44 pm

You are not boring Lz. Otherwise, nobody would not make jokes about you. In regard of the rabbi matter, maybe I was born old but I always felt and still feel that way. I - however - include "masses" also in the human kind though, therefore, I believe compassion and respect of their differences are for "masses" too. I believe that you sounded like Bush's mother about "masses" just because your feelings are hurt. Don't worry too much, about this joke, dear, if nobody "takes your side" it must be because nobody feels it is necessary : you are not endangered. Otherwise I'm sure the whole list would have rushed to take you out of (a real) trouble. Very good the Queen-Elizabeth-I thing. Very Cyrano-de-Bergerac way of dealing with this kind of posts. :D
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:47 pm

Young dr. Freud wrote:Dear Bee,

No one who posts on this forum can be entirely right in their heads. That is why I am here.
Another one I am tuned to. 100% this time. What is happening? I feel dizzy. I may have stayed too long without posting, or something. 8)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:02 am

Hi Tchoc ~

I'm not familiar with Bush's mother's comment about the "masses" ~ but when one person is used for a Forum's, presumed, idle amusement, that constitutes 'playing to the masses' in the same sense that the sit-com I mentioned, does. Do I, however, consider the people themselves here part of the "masses" in the typically-understood sense? No. I feel that most people who visit here tend to be 'thinkers,' 'feelers,' or both. Those characteristics are not typically understood to come under the term "masses." However, the mentality of playing to the masses is another issue.

Thanks for your vote of confidence regarding my not needing the defense of others. I agree on that. I wasn't looking for people to 'take my side,' as I already know some who agree, and that's fine, and they don't need to express it here. I'm not looking to rally a vote. I'm simply observing and commenting upon one being informally registered.

Regarding being boring, I wasn't referring to myself, but to your own comment:
Without ""bad"(guy - or behavior) character" (or trickster in Jung's language - sorry (not really - do I used the " " correctly? (what the h...)) YdF) once in a while a forum would be boring to death.
My feeling on that is that if this corrective action is the best a person can do to prevent this, particular forum from being "boring to death," then my suggestion is to search and find one that's inherently more interesting.

Actually, yes, of course, I could choose to view this as a left-handed compliment, being 'chosen' for a parody attempt to begin with. Actually, I found a couple sections amusing [even if the quality of the parody attempt is lacking], but in that their intent is to harm; and others recognize them, and endorse them, as being bashing and harmful [just getting some of the shotgun lead imbedded in 'innocent' bystanders being the problem], then, it's really more necessary to move on to the issue of "bashing," period.

So, you think the QEI's a good plan, eh. Not really my idea of a good time, though, stomping around proclaiming, "OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!" ~ "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!" In the personal vein here, I'd really prefer just keeping track of the hurricanes hitting my part of the world; and doing what I'm able regarding Squidgy. Oh, yes, and noting desirable smells to me [which also manage to come under scrutiny :lol: and criticism :roll: ].

Return to “News”