Katrina

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Young dr. Fraud

Post by Young dr. Fraud »

Bee - Your reply is thought out and reasonable. And your rephrasing of your questions of me are more fairly asked this time around.

I will reply later this weekend as time allows as I have a busy family weekend. I know that I've posted quickly over the last couple of days but I will be away from the computer for awhile now, and this delay would not be fairly construed as avoidance. If I were to try to write a response worthy of your post in a quick way right now I would not do it justice.

YdrFraud
Nan

Post by Nan »

Fraud, I have a suggestion. Please learn to post a link correctly. You mess up the thread when you link incorrectly. You make the rest of the page difficult to read. Thank you.
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud »

Dear Fraudikins,

Come on out. I've got you surrounded.
What I have not and will not do is purposefully incite others and play with their emotions, or be abusive.
Good one. Ceetoo.

You gave yourself away with the "God Save the Queen" post. Really, you are not very observant if you still think that I and Critic2 are one and the same. I was wondering why you had such loathing for me when you first popped up. Mind you, I can understand it if you think I am Michael. He is my Sworn Enemy. But our writing styles are nothing alike. Michael always writes for effect. He always has the "audience" in view. Of course, it is a very small audience...one or two Europeans and a couple of deluded Americans. The "deleted" thread you pointed out in your post is an example of this. There is a precious Assiness to his style. The conversation always circles back in on itself. It is very incestuous and Continental.

Me, I'm an American. I write like an American. You write like an American too. Like someone who lives in D.C....and visits Australia on bike trips.

YdF
Young dr. Fraud

Nan - I noticed the page issues and didn't realize it was I who had caused this. I will go in now and attempt to edit those posts without losing the link. Thank you for pointing it out.

YdF - You are right, you are wrong.

Right: I am/was/and maybe one day will again be ceetoo. I am a proud American, although Linda and bee and perhaps you would dispute the "proud" part, which is your take on life.

I never tried to hide that I was ceetoo, and so your comment that I'm "surrounded" is just silly. I had written a post last night that mentioned my ceetooness, but then I didn't post it and decided to wait for you to notice, as I knew you would eventually.

Wrong: I neither live in DC nor have ever been to Australia. As C2 tried to guess who I was back in the ceetoo days (and hysterically guessed me as a lady), you betray yourself with silly guessing. If you were truly as balanced as you wish to portray yourself to be you wouldn't bother guessing because you wouldn't care. I am someone you have never attacked in any of your personas.

Fact: Michael admitted to having over 50 troll personas.
Fact: Michael was admonished in the old newsgroup for using troll personas with abusive posts. Yes, different from YdF writing style but not different from purpose. Reading of admitted Michael troll names shows very clever differences of language, Michael is smart enough to write "American".
Funny fact: Look up his name in Google and you find an article that refers to him as "short and pugnacious".

And then: find an example of where I have been abusive as YdrFraud. I have been only calm and polite. I had alot of fun as ceetoo, and back then promised to one day become YdrFraud. I was just waiting for the right time. I found the comment that I was upset in this exchange to be funny, I don't think I've used an exclamation point yet!

Oops, there's one! LOL LOL LOL Another! Another! Another!

More to follow, just sitting with a cup of joe for a few minutes before mowing the lawn.

YdrFraud
Last edited by Young dr. Fraud on Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Young dr. Fraud

Nan - I couldn't figure it out, so I just copied and pasted the stories in the forum. Maybe someone can send me a PM explaining how to add a break in a link without making the link nonfunctional.

And while they're at it, how do you get that neat quotations thingy where it appears in the white box? It doesn't seem to work for me.

There's one page that still pushes over a bit, but that's from Bobbie's link.

YdrFraud
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud »

I had written a post last night that mentioned my ceetooness,
Sure, you did.
but then I didn't post it and decided to wait for you to notice,
Sounds good.
as I knew you would eventually.
Nonsense. You never thought any such thing.
you wouldn't bother guessing because you wouldn't care.
No silly quessing involved at all. You just have to follow the clues you've left lying around. Like "Blah, blah, blah."
Michael is smart enough to write "American".
As I have written elsewhere....Michael is incapable of developing distinct aliases. His ego will not allow it. His fakes are always easy to spot. He's not that smart. He only impresses the easily impressed. That would be you.

I know that Michael criticized one of your poems rather harshly and that is why you are so upset with him. I don't blame you for this. It just that you are one crazy dude if you think he and I are the same.

YdF

P.S. You will have to admit that as "Ceetoo" you were rather hysterical in your postings.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Hi eeey :D

Nice bumping into you again.

Same place, different war, same old lines. :lol:

How are you doing? did you recover from the bee sting. :lol:
Linda
Paula

Post by Paula »

Linda nice to see you back on the board too. I hope you stay :lol:
Young dr. Fraud

"Freud" - Your baiting will not work. My purpose here is not to have you figure out who I am or am not. Your comments are obviously intended to bring out emotions in me and have me say something I don't mean to. Not a chance.

The only thing I wish to not happen is that you think I am someone else, and then that individual suffers repercussions. This is why I publicly said I am not the lady that C2 accused me of being back in the day. I don't know anyone who lives in DC and travels to Australia as you suggested so I can't come out and say "I am not so and so". All I can say is I am not this person.

You are wrong in your comment as to why I hate "Michael" in all his incarnations. He has never been cruel to me, but I have seen "Michael" be very cruel to other people who I like. Ceetoo posted in the days when Teratogen posted poems, and although I thought his stuff was kind of hit and miss he seems like a decent guy with a good heart.

I could not care less if you believe or disbelieve my motivations.

"Michael" is a very influential person in this community. Having experienced him in this forum, I cannot deny his intelligence and creativity. However, I feel he is a mean, vindictive and self centered person and ultimately is a negative.

Your over the top "everything about him is wrong" attitude betrays your identity. The attitude itself is over the top, and a character.

Have I used blah blah blah, don't recall. I'll be sure to use yada yada yada going forward instead of blah blah blah. I'm sure there's only one person in the world that ever says blah blah blah, ha ha ha. Don't think I've done it as YdrFraud so if that's true you may have been examining for trends in other posters. Hmmm? Getting to you, hmmm?

The YdF persona has at times alternated between constructive comments and destructiveness. My observations have been that YdF was intended to be used as a character for analysis, ipso facto the choice of name (a clever one actually). However, at times of stress and inability to otherwise attack and keep the spirit at bay the true person comes out. He has gotten way off his character with this exchange.

The over the top ceetoo persona was just how it evolved, or devolved perhaps. If you look at the early posts they're pretty benign, but then I had the idol worship thing start and it was fun. Having identified YdF, paints, mirth, Daniel Harmisson (sp? I don't remember), etc. really irritated C2, I just allowed ceetoo to dissolve into silliness. It was fun for me. Teratogen was a fan if I recall, he commented as to having found some of my dittys as funny. It's only recently in the "deleted" thread that C2 has become abusive again, his entries in the last three months have been more calm, at least under the C2 and mickey_one names.

YdFraud
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

There have been three, incredible NPR segments I've listened to [yesterday and today]. If I can locate the links, I'll put them here.

The first one ["Science Friday"] discussed in depth why New Orleans has been so vulnerable ~ recently! When it was first built by the French 300 years ago, none of this would have happened. Building there would've been the same as building in N.Y.C. It was very well protected, naturally, by trees, marshes, barrier islands, etc., from hurricanes. Had it happened even 200 years or 50 years ago, it still wouldn't have happened as it did. However, within the last 50 years, the erosion of the land has been catastrophic in itself.

The second one was "All Things Considered" last night. I'll try to get it to here, for anyone interested in listening. It had to do with all of the divisions of 'responsibility' ~ the blame game that Bush wasn't interested in, until he got all his forces in place, to point at the local and State levels. Also, regarding the Feds needing to obtain the permission of the locals to take over, the Governor had requested and been granted a "State of Emergency," two days prior to Katrina's landfall. At that point, the Federal resources should have been mobilized and waiting, ready to go in. It's hard to coordinate and implement rescue operations when command control has gone down, police vehicles are flooded, the National Guard heavy equipment and amphibious vehicles are nearly all in Iraq; there is no land-line phone communication; no cell phone communication; and battery-operated radio contact is of very short duration, ending as soon as the batteries went dead. I won't attempt to describe the whole of the program, but it's well worth listening to.

This is for Friday's show, September 9 ~ you should be able to go to this page, and click on the "Listen" button below the notation of "All Things Considered" with the date. They're situated at the top of the page:

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/r ... =storyview

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=4839666

Titled: Katrina Timeline: Unexecuted Plans

The blurb for this:

Just days before Hurricane Katrina hit, officials from state, local and federal agencies were hearing that this could very likely be the big one -- the one they knew could devastate the city.

They spent the weekend in almost non-stop conference calls -- making sure all the plans for food, water and security were in place. But even before the storm hit, some of the plans started to fall apart.

National Guard troops in other states sat ready, waiting for orders that never came. Instead, they were told to wait for an official plan and a chain of command to be established. NPR's Daniel Zwerdling and Laura Sullivan report.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=4839669

Titled: Katrina Timeline: Misdirected Aid

The blurb for it is:

As the extent of Hurricane Katrina's threat to New Orleans became evident, trucks with water and ice were not positioned as planned.

And when they were finally told to move, they were sent hundreds of miles away from most of the people in need. Local officials -- despite having taken part in the original planning -- waited days, instead of hours, for help to arrive.

NPR's Daniel Zwerdling and Laura Sullivan tell the story in part two of our look at what went wrong during the Gulf Coast crisis.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=4839696

Titled: Wal-Mart Aid Outpaced Some Federal Efforts

Blurb: Wal-Mart was able to get essential supplies to rural parishes in Louisiana before FEMA or the Red Cross arrived. The company's logistics and transportation system made it well suited to respond to an emergency like Katrina.

These are all dated September 9.

Even though it has felt this way from the beginning, the more I hear, the more I believe this was "genocide."
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
bee

Post by bee »

And while they're at it, how do you get that neat quotations thingy where it appears in the white box? It doesn't seem to work for me.
Mr.Fraud- I had trouble some time ago with that too, but is easy-1) highlight the text you want to quote-2) go Edit/copy 3) go-post reply 4) go Edit/paste 5) highlight the pasted quotation 6) up in the reply box is the quote/tool-click on that.
Perhaps there is shorter way to do it, but this is how I go. Try it, sounds long, but works in seconds.
bee
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I can't locate the "Science Friday" [PRI] or "This American Life" yet ~ but I will and will bring them here, for anyone interested to listen to. They're very informative and interesting, if also very unnerving and sad.

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Young dr. Fraud

Bee - Thank you for the quoting instructions, I also received a PM with another way of doing it, and between the two messages I should be good to go. If it doesn't work I'll post the problems I'm having.

More responses to you are pending.

YdrFraud
lizzytysh

Today is September 11

Post by lizzytysh »

Remembering the shock, fear, and deep sadness of September 11, my heart and deep wishes for healing are there for the families and loved ones of those who remain, going on with life without the victims. Remembering the victims with the respect they are due.

In one of the NPR segments I heard today, a New York City fireman who assisted in the rescue operation of September 11, and is now in New Orleans helping, was talking [or being referenced as having spoken] about the difference in difficulty. He said, with the Twin Towers, the buildings were destroyed, but the rest of the city was still operational. In New Orleans, however, nothing was operational.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Plaintive is the word I wanted. This is a quote from off Google about the song I've been hearing so much. I love the song, and it really touches deep down the feelings that accompany all of this. I wonder if anyone else has been hearing it a lot. It's titled "Louisiana (1927)" ~ written by Randy Newman, who apparently opened a televised fundraiser with it last night. NPR has been playing his, as well as Randy's favourite cover of it by Aaron Neville [also a native].

"We have heard native son Randy Newman’s plaintive “Louisiana (1927)” many times
since ..."

If you've never heard it, you may want to find it and listen. It's very moving. One of the things that is also being mourned is the loss of the rich, diverse ethnic and cultural mix that are so much the flavour of New Orleans. She really was a precious treasure of the United States, so much the heart of music. May she somehow return with all her richness.

Some other quotes:

"All this week, while mourning the loss of much of New Orleans and other damage
in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, Randy Newman’s haunting, elegiac song, ..."

"This Song Goes Out to You, Big Easy - New York Times [link's title]
Now, songs from the city's past provide solace after the storm. ... For historical sweep, he chose "Louisiana 1927" by Randy Newman"

NPR has been playing song after song that relates to New Orleans. Wonderful music.

Return to “News”