Explosions in London

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:19 am

Amazing pictures are provided by reportages. This guy who was yesterday the victim of the terrorism attack who receives the visit of the Queen on his hospital bed side. The poor man did not seem to know what to do, I think that he wanted to stand up on his feet when he saw the Queen, you know. I mean do you imagine, the Queen paying you a visit to the hospital (like any antie) and you are in bed in pyjama. I hope he has a good heart.
Dem

Post by Dem » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:35 am

With all respect,

but if I were hi I would have asked the officials
to tell the fucking Queen NOT TO DARE to pay me
a visit or else she would regret the experience for
the rest of her useless life!

Dem
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:17 pm

OK, Ok, Will send you Fidel Castro.
jurica

Post by jurica » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:15 pm

hey, that was uncalled for, Tchoc. and it belongs to another place and time (1940s in Hollywood) to call someone communist just because you don't agree with him.

i don't think Dem (like myself) would like to have a visit by any rich govermant official who does nothing but parade his ass around his country, be it a queen (i'm sorry, but i fail to understand why British would want to waste their hard earned money on her and daughters and daughters' sons just because they were born into royal family) or Fidel Castro and his beard.
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:50 pm

If it were up to me I would save our country the expense of Governor Generals, (ours is presently in the hospital to have a pace-maker installed, I wish her well) Lieutanant Governors.....plus all the money spent on royal visits.

Saying that, if I were in the hospital I would be happy to recieve a visit from the Queen. She is not a media whore, I would like to believe that she genuinely cares. Call me naive, a bad speller, but she really did not have to go to the hospital I was surprised to see that.
War, war is stupid and people are stupid Culture Club
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
Tim

Post by Tim » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:38 pm

nice thread to be scoring political points on, guys. Care to take it elsewhere?

just to remind you:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/attackonlondo ... 34,00.html
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:59 pm

Sergeant Steve Betts describes what some don't realize is the true scope of this horror. His description takes me aback, as well. It's a graphic, grim reminder of what this thread is tragically about.
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:02 am

Terrorist attacks are a cowardly way to make a point. Disrespect for human life is reprehensible. You are correct Tim this attack is a serious matter and we must not forget all the suffering and wish, pray, hope this will not happen again.
The Four Immeasurable Thoughts
May all sentient beings have happiness and its causes,
May all sentient beings be free from suffering and its causes.
May all sentient beings never be separated from sorrowless bliss.
May all sentient beings abide in equanimity, free of bias, attachment and anger.
OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
Boss

Post by Boss » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:31 am

Terror in New York, terror in Bali, terror in London - it won't stop today. There are undercurrents of evil everywhere in this world - some in my soul too. The only elixir, the only true fix, is Love. Full, real, unpolluted Love. And there's only one place to find this. It lives in you the reader. Leonard Cohen was right, "Love's the only engine of survival". And John Lennon, " All you need is Love". And it starts in you - then watch her spread... Then Humpty shall fall and all the king's horses and all the king's men won't be able to put Humpty together again.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:43 pm

I Love you Boss :D I second that, of course. :D

Jurica, you know what they are saying? That children are making their teeth on the bones of the parents. As far as I can see youth are making their teeth on anything that has bones. :lol: You two spoiled little brats will take what you are given, you'll take the terrorists attack, you'll take the Queen (please use the Capital next time) or Fidel Castro. Not him without his beard or her with his beard, OK? This is enough, this is it, and nothing else, you should be happy to have this, and be grateful, I, at your age, did not have this chance. (I'm sorry not to be such a good player at this game, as, let say, Bee is).

:D

My best recovering wishes to Madame Clarkson. The problem is not the money spent on political structure of some sort. The problem is the money that is stolen, that is used for someting else than what it was decided in the budget. And this is done at any level of the society. It is even called "to be wise" by some. 8) So blaming the authority for everything is - again - a way to escape being responsible. Perfect scapegoats people who are taking responsibilities in that world. The are the "experts" so let them taking care of everything, including the inner word of each individual.

Tim, I come back to the core of the subject, now. :)

Memoir, at the Age of Six

I flicked your bear by one ear
he somersaulted the morning street
and you laughed Anne at his turning feet
Your mother called "Anne, come on, dear"
You had to go for some fish and you went
hand in your mother's hand skipping through the air

I went indoors The siren swooped us there
down into the shelter where crouching we heard
that droning rocket engine cut -
we judged how long to wait
and knew it would land near
The candle flame flickered . . . . . .

- and Anne but Anne it had torn through the fish
and you and your mother and the smiling bear
were shrapnelled to hell in spurting blood
I forced my mother to tell and there was and is
for ever an empty arc in the air
where a bear should somersault
forever a vacuum where your laughter should be heard

http://www.keith-barnes.com/

If only no Official presence would be needed on the bed sides and cemetearies. If only laughters where all where they were supposed to be.
jurica

Post by jurica » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:59 pm

Tchocolatl wrote:Jurica, you know what they are saying? That children are making their teeth on the bones of the parents. As far as I can see youth are making their teeth on anything that has bones. :lol: You two spoiled little brats will take what you are given, you'll take the terrorists attack, you'll take the Queen (please use the Capital next time) or Fidel Castro. Not him without his beard or her with his beard, OK? This is enough, this is it, and nothing else, you should be happy to have this, and be grateful, I, at your age, did not have this chance. (I'm sorry not to be such a good player at this game, as, let say, Bee is).
ooops. i must be too young to understand as dificult text as this, because (apart from you insisting that i write "queen" capitalized - she, after all, is a person worth the respect - think of all the things she had to do to deserve that respect - or was it because she's a direct descendant of God?) i don't understand a thing you just wrote. i think there's another uncalled for insult given to Dem and me (spoiled brats - that indeed is a mature aproach to discussion, i'll give you that), but "him without his beard or her with his beard", or "I, at your age, did not have this chance". a chance to have or do what???

OK, i'll wait a few years to grow old enough to understand...
jurica

Post by jurica » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:06 pm

BTW, i'm not sure about this, since i'm a Slavic and english language is quite hard for us to learn (you'd probably have the same problem trying to learn a Slavic or Hungary-Finnish language), but i think my not-capitalizing "a queen" into "a Queen" was gramaticaly correct. i was refering, as you can see below to any queen of any country. i wrote "a queen" not "the queen", right?
jurica wrote:i don't think Dem (like myself) would like to have a visit by any rich govermant official who does nothing but parade his ass around his country, be it a queen (i'm sorry, but i fail to understand why British would want to waste their hard earned money on her and daughters and daughters' sons just because they were born into royal family) or Fidel Castro and his beard.
sorry to everybody for going this far off topic. i'll try not to do that anymore. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Boss

Post by Boss » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:58 am

Tchocolati please don't tell me you love me, 'you don't know me'. The queen's ancestors turned this world inside out. Like empires before, the British ravaged foreign lands all 'for king and country'. In Australia, the British brought disease, alcohol, foreign animals into a paradise. Suffice to say the indigenous people have suffered horribly. All for a British monarch's wealth. Doesn't she owe the world? Shouldn't she return her stolen diamonds, stolen humanity? There are 12 year old Aboriginal girls sniffing petrol in Alice Springs today. Doesn't the queen owe them something? And there are so many other places the red-coats attacked for their king; the U.S., Canada, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, South Africa, Palestine and the list just goes on.

Who would want a visit from a royal? Their lineage is soiled. They have their hands soaked in the blood of so many.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:11 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - the politics is back into the forum :D And in two (2) threads at once.... God old days, even bee is here although she doesn't listen to Leonard Cohen's music anymore :P :roll:
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:17 am

But there isn't a 'power' in the world, political or religious that hasn't been 'soiled'. That's simple history. An argument on that could go on forever... :?

Linda.

Return to “News”