Explosions in London

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Paula

Post by Paula » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:02 am

Thank you all for your kind words, much appreciated.

London is bloodied but standing and fighting back. It will take more than a few terrorist bombs to knock us down. Normal services will resume as soon as possible and all Londoners black, white, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Catholic whatever will be back to work shoulder to shoulder sticking two fingers up at the terrorists. Don't let the bastards win!!!!
linmag

Post by linmag » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:03 am

I'm glad you and yours are safe, Paula.

Whatever else I try to say seems totally inadequate in the face of what has happened, so I'm giving up!
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:02 am

Paula
I remember you saying how you prefer the buses to the tube and when I heard the news this morning I thought of you... and then checked the forum from my office desk to see your message. That was very thoughtful of you
Take care
Pete
Adrian

peace

Post by Adrian » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:24 am

As with everyone here, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all Londoners.

take care, Ad
"Why music?" "Why breathing?"
Boss

Post by Boss » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:27 am

My heart is in London town this morning. Believe in 'the future'.

In peace Boss
lightning

Post by lightning » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:47 am

Did someone say "What's it going to take to stop all this?" The answer: what Al Qaeda has asked for:
"TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN."
That means not until you stop the war will 'terror' end.
bee

Post by bee » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:57 am

Deepest sympathies from my heart to Londoners and England. Paula- God be with you and let the angels guide you,
love
bee
bee

Post by bee » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:03 am

Did someone say "What's it going to take to stop all this?" The answer: what Al Qaeda has asked for:
Have you been stricken in head by chance-lightning?
terrorists, Al Qaeda murdered New Yorkers before there was Afghanistan and Iraq, try to remember, please!
bee
jurica

Post by jurica » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:09 pm

bee wrote:
Have you been stricken in head by chance-lightning?
terrorists, Al Qaeda murdered New Yorkers before there was Afghanistan and Iraq, try to remember, please!
i'm tired of writing this over and over.

it's obvious i'm against terrorism. everybody this side of sorrow and despair are, but you are not telling the truth, bee, and shuting the eyes to the obvious is what made us scared for our selves and people we care for in the first place.

http://www.zmag.org/shalomhate.htm
Dem

Post by Dem » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:11 pm

Actually, they attacked USA after countless years of suppression,
exploitation and destruction of the Arab/muslim countries and people.

Does "Palestine/Israel conflict" ring any bells to your very short memory Bee?

Does "military, economic and political support to Israel" ring any bells to your very limited analysis of history Bee?

Does "support of corrupt, dictatorships in the Middle East (call me Egypt, Saudia Arabia etc) ring any bells at all Bee?

As about the British, I would suggest them all to click (if they have the stomach) here:
http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

for a better understanding of that "unprovoked act of evil" as Guardian calls it in its leader piece today:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/sto ... 53,00.html

"unprovoked" my ass!

Dem
annaedith

Post by annaedith » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:26 pm

firstly, i feel very sorry for all of those who lost their lives, friends and health in this attack. may you find the help you need to turn this again positive.
concerning this provoked-nt-provoked-discussion, i once read in a joke (which often tells the truth) the "typical" answer to be expected of bush in such a case: "that was un unprovoked act of evil and we reserve any measure for us that is useful for protecting the security and te freedom of the united states" and britain is working together with them. i do think there's a lot of arrogance in the way the western countries treat the rest of the world and also other countries in thei alliance. and it is provoking answers which are definitely cruel and horrible, but can't be compared to the situation in some cuntries.
*********** beauté est partout**********
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:07 pm

In case it get lost in the confusion.

viewtopic.php?t=4148&start=15
Kush

Post by Kush » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:08 pm

London is bloodied but standing and fighting back. It will take more than a few terrorist bombs to knock us down. Normal services will resume as soon as possible and all Londoners black, white, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Catholic whatever will be back to work shoulder to shoulder sticking two fingers up at the terrorists. Don't let the bastards win!!!!
Hang in there Paula.....as they say - if something doesnt kill you, it usually makes you stronger!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:45 pm

Hi Paula ~

Has this sealed it for you regarding underground transportation?

~ Lizzie
Helven

Post by Helven » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:55 pm

Yes, Paula, I saw some reportage from London and heard that Londoners met this tragic situation with exceptional dignity and courage, without succumbing to panic. And I saw people, interviewed in the streets, who told they’d never let change their lives. So, along with my condolences, I’d like to express my profound respect for all of you. Hold on!

Love,
Tanya.

Return to “News”