Hydra premiere of “Leonard Cohen: In His Own Words” (August 8, 2022 at 9PM)

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
zagortenej

Hydra premiere of “Leonard Cohen: In His Own Words” (August 8, 2022 at 9PM)

Post by zagortenej »

I am very pleased to announce a Hydra premiere of my film “Leonard Cohen: In His Own Words”. The screening will take place at Hydra’s Open Air Cinema on August 8, 2022 at 9PM. Admission is free and all are welcome.

The film trailer can be seen here: https://youtu.be/RBg3Or8A8vw

About: “Leonard Cohen: In His Own Words”

The film offers an unmediated insight into Leonard Cohen’s thoughts on growing up, writing, love, monastic life, human condition, and the third act—some of the key themes that run through Cohen’s work and inform his philosophy on life (and death). In focusing on these, and mining them through numerous interviews given over the course of five decades, the film reveals Leonard Cohen at his most immediate, without any “extras”—background story, music, or voiceover—but only himself, in his own words.

Running time: 58 min.

The screening of the film will be followed by a Q&A/discussion session.

You are welcome to share the event information with anyone interested in attending the premiere, or distribute it via social media.

Thank you.
Attachments
Film poster
Film poster
dar

Re: Hydra premiere of “Leonard Cohen: In His Own Words” (August 8, 2022 at 9PM)

Post by dar »

Have a successful and well-attended premiere of your film Dalibor. It sounds amazing. There's nothing like hearing the insights and thoughts on so many issues directly from Leonard. The man seems to speak poetry even in casual conversation. And you note that you didn't embellish or soundtrack your video. I would guess it makes the dialogue very pure and true. Thank you for doing this and I hope the video will be available for all of us to enjoy eventually. Congratulations!
zagortenej

Post by zagortenej »

Thank you very much for your well-wishes and kinds words. It is very exciting to have the opportunity to show the film in Hydra, for obvious reasons So far, I have done a few screenings in Canada, so this will be the very first one outside of North America. I have contemplated making the film available on-line (and perhaps I will, at some point down the road), but I find the screenings with an audience very rewarding and enriching for everyone present. The discussion after the film is always very thoughtful, with many interesting insights and reflections coming forth.

A suggestion from some folks in Hydra is to do another screening next year and tie it to the Leonard Cohen event to be held in town next May. If we can make this happen, I would be more than happy to come back to Hydra and do another presentation.

I am always very happy to screen the film by invitation. Anyone interested is welcome to contact me, and we can discuss the details.

For now, I am very much looking forward to August 8.
zagortenej

Post by zagortenej »

I would like to thank everyone who came to the Hydra premiere, and to apologize to all who we couldn’t fit into the theatre. We shall do our best to do another screening in the future, most likely next May at the Leonard Cohen event in Hydra.

Below are a few pictures from the premiere.

Thank you again—it was a dream come true.
Attachments
89F67364-4DD5-4D76-831D-235367FA25F9.jpeg
DB4D2E24-C99B-4769-A89D-5105C6AC5D06.jpeg
044F4D54-CC56-47B7-8AED-9D7CBF4C4799.jpeg

Return to “News”