Waiting For The News To Come

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
musicmania

Re: Waiting For The News To Come

Post by musicmania »

I'm waiting. Patiently.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

WoW, bigdee, those are some amazing thoughts and ideas! Lissauer will hopefully consider how to make what he is sitting on actually happen... for the benefit of all who love Leonard, and particularly from the beginning!

it's4inthemorning ~ I strongly suspect that Robert Kory (who I have to believe is in charge of this project) would not release anything that would not meet with Leonard's approval. Though certainly expeditious, I feel that Leonard would nix the idea and favour time and care in getting something together that would fully meet with his approval.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
panjandrum

Post by panjandrum »

A complete boxed set on Vinyl would be, wow, fantastic. I already have quite a few of them on vinyl, but a complete set would be amazing.

I'm waiting impatiently while I sip coffee from my Cup of Longing.
yopietro

Post by yopietro »

Wasn't Leonard supposedly working on new instrumental versions of some of his tracks with Patrick Leonard?
DennisBerlin

Post by DennisBerlin »

yopietro wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:33 am Wasn't Leonard supposedly working on new instrumental versions of some of his tracks with Patrick Leonard?
Indeed, he was. They also were working on an R 'n B album too:

https://ew.com/article/2016/11/11/leona ... -rb-album/

For the latter, the R 'n B ablum, as the article says too, I don't know if this will ever see the light of world; -- I mean to remember another article on that matter (just can't remember where I read it) where Patrick Leonard said, they were playing around with verses and snippets, which Leonard (C) would email him on a regular basis, and (if I remember right) he even did so the very evening before his passing.
yopietro

Post by yopietro »

DennisBerlin wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:07 pm
yopietro wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:33 am Wasn't Leonard supposedly working on new instrumental versions of some of his tracks with Patrick Leonard?
Indeed, he was. They also were working on an R 'n B album too:

https://ew.com/article/2016/11/11/leona ... -rb-album/

For the latter, the R 'n B ablum, as the article says too, I don't know if this will ever see the light of world; -- I mean to remember another article on that matter (just can't remember where I read it) where Patrick Leonard said, they were playing around with verses and snippets, which Leonard (C) would email him on a regular basis, and (if I remember right) he even did so the very evening before his passing.
Let's hope for both!
DennisBerlin

Post by DennisBerlin »

yopietro wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:30 pm Let's hope for both!
Yes, let's hope.
On the other hand, as Patrick Leonard says in that article:
"The R&B stuff, there’s very little of that that has him on it [vocally], and that’s something that couldn’t exist without him. But we had many songs started and some of them finished, very near completion but not recorded".
So I don't know.

But perhaps there might be hope for "Songs for Rebecca" at least (see further above).

There might also be the opportunity of that "Captain" song I mentioned further above.
And then there is that song "Still Into That" I remember Leonard had mentioned in one interview (again, can't give a reference, perhaps somebody can help), which was to become a song out of some leftovers of "A thousand Kisses Deep"- though I don't know what happend to that (did he finish the lyrics, did he make some first recordings, or did he just scrap it?)...

So, lots of speculation as the days are creeping closer to Jarkko's deadline ...
Last edited by DennisBerlin on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born With The Gift Of A G

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, Born With, we do... and whatever it is, I'm in full anticipation and happy with the outcome... because it's more of Leonard, the one thing we know for sure. :D
~ Oscar Wilde
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

All hoped-for things will come to you
Who have the strength to watch and wait,
Our longings spur the steeds of Fate,
This has been said by one who knew.
Lady Mary Montgomerie Currie (1843-1905) [AKA - Violet Fane]

So, I’m patiently waiting too, but in my case it’s a twofold thing, as I’m also waiting to become a grandfather for the first time, anytime in the next week or so. 8)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
B4real

Post by B4real »

Andrew (Darby) wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:35 am So, I’m patiently waiting too, but in my case it’s a twofold thing, as I’m also waiting to become a grandfather for the first time, anytime in the next week or so. 8)
Andrew, I'm guessing all that waiting for you is still happening somewhat further north of me and you're not back down where that southerly virus outbreak is! Either way, it sounds like double joy for you very soon :D
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Yes, Bev, I‘m still in Cairns, as far away from that awful Melbourne outbreak as I can be. :neutral:

Irrespective, I’m indeed awaiting my double joy! ;-) 8)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Such wonderful news for you, Andrew!!
DOUBLE JOY, Indeed!! What a rush!!
Congratulations!!!
For me, it's tick-tock, Tick-Tock, TICK-TOCK!!
;-)
~ Oscar Wilde
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I came so far for beauty
I left so much behind
My patience and my family
My masterpiece unsigned

Heed the words of "Our Man".
Less than one week to go.

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be a masterpiece.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
B4real

Post by B4real »

Everybody waits for something ;-)

Hanging Rock, Australia
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “News”