Paola Pigozzi has passed away

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Wybe
Site Admin

Paola Pigozzi has passed away

Post by Wybe »

We heard of this sad news today from Antonio Savi, that our forum member Paola Pigozzi has passed away.
We met her at several Leonard Cohen events, meetups and concerts. Her forum name was "paola2".
Our sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Wybe and Willy
Paola during the Amsterdam Event 2016
Paola during the Amsterdam Event 2016
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Paola Pigozzi has passed away

Post by jarkko »

Paola at our Montreal 2000 Event

Sad news from Italy. Paola was one of the very first Cohenites we ever met. In 1999 we had a meet-up weekend in Paris, with a dozen participants. Paola had never before met any other Cohen fans, and was very excited how it would go. Eija remembers well that she communicated with Paola in Latin because Paola did not speak much English. We had a great weekend, going around in Paris, and making plans for future gatherings.

Later she participated in many of our activities, next in Montreal 2000 and Hydra 2002, followed by many more. We also saw her during Leonard's Grand Tour. She was a nice, friendly and sunny person, and a real Cohenite in her soul.

Rest In Peace Paola
Eija &n Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

So sad to hear this. RIP Paola.

Wendy
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

this so very very sad..

i have so many lovely memories of paola...i loved her stories about her lovely dog jarkko.. memories of us being lost in venice while looking for the meracoli church the crazy time we had while staying in verona and on hydra and during all the other times we met during cohen events...

paola was a beautiful soul and I hope she in now resting in peace (with a good supply of cigarettes) ..

we will miss you lovely lady....

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

RIP, dear Paola-we remember you well.
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
HelenMc

Post by HelenMc »

So sorry to read this sad news. Rest in peace Paola.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Oh, Paola... so many happy meetings during LC's Italian concerts and our previous events. Rest in peace, our friend.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, no!! Paola was one of the Italians (along with Andrea and Marco) whom I've worried so much about when COVID-19 began to ravage. I'll always remember how much fun we had together when we inserted ourselves together in the wooden 'stockade' (I can't remember the word, but head in one slot and each hand in other slots). My heart is with Paola's family and loved ones. I liked her so much!! May you rest forever in eternal peace, Paola. We miss you.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “News”