New manager, extensive world touring...

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Jim Rotonda

Post by Jim Rotonda »

HALLELUJAH INDEED

My chioce - The Metropolitan Opera House behind the Fountain at the center of the Lincoln Center Plaza.

I think tickets will be hard to get.

Jim
linmag

Post by linmag »

Actually, it will be interesting to see what size of venue is booked for this tour. My personal preference would be for small-to-medium size ones rather than the huge, impersonal ones. I can think of several good ones in the UK, all of them near where I live :)
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Linmag,

You are absolutely right. I'd love to see Leonard Cohen perform in a small size venue, but I think it will be medium or large for him...
His music fits better in smaller places, cosy and intimate, but for the person "Cohen" I'd choose a huge arena. Anyway, I'll be more than happy to see Leonard Cohen live, in any kind of venue...

Regards,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Paula

Post by Paula »

I hope he makes the Albert Hall again the acoustics are great.

I would go just to watch him read a newspaper. He will be 72 and a world tour is gruelling and I am gobsmacked he is gonna put himself through it. But I am so pleased.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes ~ HALLELUJAH! is the word!!!

I will always prefer smaller to larger, but anything will be just fine.
Lizzie

Hallelujah!

Post by Lizzie »

Well, I've not been to the forum for ............... years! And what do I find - Leonard touring!

I must have died, and the angels are telling me I can have one last big wish before I move into the next stage of wisdom.

Well, I was here to tell you some other news, but who cares ....
Rob

Post by Rob »

The brand new Millenium Centre opera house in Cardiff would be the perfect venue.

But whatever, wither thou goest, I will go.

Rob.
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile »

ImageImage
I can't believe it!
ImageImage

The good news runs. I have received a mail of a friend, Chema :D , he reads but does not writes here :oops: . He says to me that after listening Dear Heather and Go No More A-Roving he had lost the hope to return to see him. Maybe, we were wrong.

Already months ago seeing Moustaki I thought; Why not Cohen?

Since I am dreaming, if he could return to Barcelona, please, not more Palau d'Esports 1980, 1988, 1993 :evil: , much better Palau de la Música as in 1974 :wink: .

I repeat with you: Hallelujah! :D
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

Wow people are getting really excited to the point of putting together preferred itineraries and even halls! I hate to rain on anyone's parade but it just seems so unlikely to me...... maybe we'll get a book tour? A series of readings? ...... but then if Willie Nelson still does it at 72 why can't Leonard..
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

I'm just as happy as everyone else at the possiblity, but I think I share some of your 'hold on a sec, here', Jonnie. Yes, Willie does it. But Willie has been doing it all his life - it's different 'coming out of retirement' - it's damned hard work. But, here's to the bright side.

Linda.
Dem

Post by Dem »

Jarkko are you sure it is not just a "belated" April's fool joke? :-)
The World Tour I mean

Dem
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

This has got to be the best news for years.

I forgive anyone who offended me over the years

I you are able to do the same, we will share the feast

Peter
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

My G_d Peter what did you do! :shock:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, WELCOME, Lizzie Madder :D :D :D !!! I see you have 2 postings to your credit, so perhaps your own, good news sits elsewhere. I'll check.

Yes, died and gone to heaven is the feeling ~ the mid-stage hadn't occurred to me, but I somehow like that better.

I love your emoticon, domino line-up, ForYourSmile; but, then, who couldn't? Well, I guess I could think of one, but I won't mention him :wink: , again.

I say forget the doubting, and just go forward in faith. He knows we'd think it too good to be true, and I know he wouldn't do that to us.

~ Lizzy
Helven

Post by Helven »

Stunning news 8) !

May I make my own suggestion regarding the tour schedule? St. Petersburg, Russia, please! It’s a marvellous place to visit!

Not so that I insist, of course… just a kind of an unobtrusive offer… PLEEAAASE, ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

[*whispering conspiratorially, looking around in search of Moscow inhabitants*: Dear Mr. Cohen, you can even ignore Moscow… Oh, well, you can come there, too, if you’d like to, but St. Petersburg just cannot but be visited!]

Return to “News”