that's that. i'm off

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Geoffrey

that's that. i'm off

Post by Geoffrey »

this has probably been mentioned earlier in here, and i missed it, like i usually do. anyway, came across this undated magazine in a shopping centre newsagent's today. huge 8-page article about leonard inside, quite interesting, and he's mentioned several other places, many good quality pictures. just thought i'd mention it even though the likelihood of everyone already knowing about it is high.
1.jpg
2.jpg
WiTS

Re: that's that. i'm off

Post by WiTS »

Hi Geoffrey, Is this an old 1973 NME article reprint?
Best,
Weilin
············································································································
2008-06-29 Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury Festival; 2008-07-17 O2 Arena, London
Leonard Cohen Chinese Fansite since 2008 http://site.douban.com/137869/
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

WiTS wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:39 am Hi Geoffrey, Is this an old 1973 NME article reprint?
Best,
Weilin
no sources are supplied, but of the two chief articles one is signed by jason anderson and the other (above) by roy hollingworth.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Hi Weilin,

If you enlarge Geoffrey's post, you will see that the article is from Melody Maker, February 4th 1973. I've got the original of this , which was spread across two half pages of MM. It includes a large black and white photo of Leonard's face. He has longish hair, a beard, and a moustache.

Return to “News”