Cohencentric Last Post

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
TGuy

Cohencentric Last Post

Post by TGuy »

The beloved site https://cohencentric.com has now posted its last.
Allan Showalter, aka "DrHGuy", the author of this and its predecessor site 1HeckOfAGuy, has noted that the now static site will remain available for a short time yet, so this is a last call.
The site, insights and mirth DrHGuy has brought to LC devotees with Cohencentric will be truly missed.
2008: Prague, l'Olympia Paris | 2009: Tel Aviv | 2010: Moscow | 2012: l'Olympia Paris
"So come my friends, be not afraid. We are so lightly here ..."
Geoffrey

Re: Cohencentric Last Post

Post by Geoffrey »

TGuy wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:21 pm The beloved site https://cohencentric.com has now posted its last . . . The site, insights and mirth DrHGuy has brought to LC devotees with Cohencentric will be truly missed.
shame. nice 2nd anniversary present, i must say. lots of people begged him not to do it, but none are as deaf as those who refuse to listen. damned pity, if you ask me. utterly unnecessary. let's just hope leonard doesn't somehow get wind of this. :(
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

We all are free to follow our heart.....even if others do not agree..
I wish our friend all the best ! And a thank you !
Clementine

Post by Clementine »

Only Allan knows the real reasons for Cohencentric's demise -and I respect that completely, but it was sad today (I'm in New Zealand, so ahead of many of you), to have this significant date pass without a typically funny, yet reverant DrHGuy tribute. Dear Leonard, we miss you so much - and we'll miss you too Allan!
christineanne

Post by christineanne »

Thank you, Allan for the site. Always interesting, informative and amusing - I'll miss it!

You've done so much for the 'LC community'

Enjoy your 'retirement' - you've earned it!

All the best to you and your family for the future
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

199Dan wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:58 pm We all are free to follow our heart.....even if others do not agree..
yes, that makes sense. great line to say to someone about to jump from a building, or about to rape a young girl - and i am sure leonard's earlier manager would agree, too. bravo! ;-)
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

I would NOT say that to someone in need of professional help !!
I would offer to help a person in such a condition.
Deciding to stop posting is not worth professional help.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

199Dan wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:12 pm I would NOT say that to someone in need of professional help !!
I would offer to help a person in such a condition.
Deciding to stop posting is not worth professional help.
well, i did not realise that you did not really mean 'all'.

anyway, if you are talking about thieves, rapists or candidates for suicide, it is important to remember that not everyone with a moral character different to your own necessarily needs professional help. it depends upon the extent to which a person is using their free will, and if they are capable of being responsible for their actions.
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Should we ask Jarkko to set up a page dedicated to philosophical, theological and ethical questions ?
TGuy

Post by TGuy »

This was meant as a post to allow those who appreciated the Cohencentric site and DrHGuy's efforts to voice said appreciation. How it turned into this acidic discussion is an example cited by DrHGuy as one of the reasons for ending the site.

So I will end with the deepest of gratitude to DrHGuy and his awesome site, and best wishes to him in his future endeavors.
2008: Prague, l'Olympia Paris | 2009: Tel Aviv | 2010: Moscow | 2012: l'Olympia Paris
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

TGuy wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:52 pm This was meant as a post to allow those who appreciated the Cohencentric site and DrHGuy's efforts to voice said appreciation.
respectfully, if only positive remarks are allowed, i put it to you that my objection to the closure of his site suggests a greater appreciation than your servile acceptance ;-)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

199Dan wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:48 pm Should we ask Jarkko to set up a page dedicated to philosophical, theological and ethical questions ?
you have a sense of humour; i like that! :-) :-)
TGuy

Post by TGuy »

respectfully, if only positive remarks are allowed, i put it to you that my objection to the closure of his site suggests a greater appreciation than your servile acceptance ;-)

You are too kind
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

:D
At no time did I want my post to become " this acidic discussion".
At no time have I felt it has. :D

"Hello my love and my love good bye"
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

TGuy wrote:
>. . . this acidic discussion . . .

199Dan replied:
>At no time did I want my post to become "this acidic discussion". At no time have I felt it has.

i too thought it was an unjust observation, but took it not to heart. let us give the benefit of the doubt, because in all probability it was not meant to be as hostile as it appeared - and an apology is surely on the way :-)

Return to “News”