Arthur Moore has passed away

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Joe Way

Arthur Moore has passed away

Post by Joe Way »

It is with great sorrow that I report that Arthur passed away on Monday, May 7th.

Those of you who attended the Leonard Cohen Event on Hydra in 2002 and New York in 2004 will probably remember fondly Arthur and Bernadette.

Here is a link to his memorial page for memories and condolences.

https://www.remembr.com/arthur.moore

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Arthur Moore has passed away

Post by jarkko »

Arthur Moore and Bernadette Hayes at the After-Event party in New York in 2014.

Sad news. Eija and I remember Arthur and Bernadette very well - they made the long trip from Australia to Hydra in 2002 and loved the island. After the New York Event they wanted to return to Hydra to join one of our meetups but unfortunately health issues and the long distance made it impossible.

In his last email I have in my archive he wrote, many years ago: "Take care of yourselves and of each other in the days ahead and may the great architect of the universe love and protect all of you and family." Now we'd like to send this message to his dear ones.

Farewell, old friend.
Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

This is such sad news for me, as I’ve known Arthur for well over 20 years. We met way back in the 1990’s when I was running the Leonard Cohen birthday celebration nights in Toowoomba, as he would drive up from Brisbane, with Bernadette, to attend some of these annual events. The three of us also enjoyed being the "Down Under" contingent on Hydra at the 2002 event there.

Arthur was a delightfully cheerful fellow who enjoyed a good laugh and was always so positive, so enthusiastic, about life. He would regularly email his friends, including myself, with witticisms, jokes, heartfelt stories, humorous tales or perhaps nostalgic pieces and so on. Moreover, he exuded warmth, kindness and generosity of spirit. He loved people and reveled in the company of his friends.

His last communication with me was Xmas time last year. It bears out the latter point and underlines my sadness at not being able to fulfill the desire he expressed at that time:
Where are you these days Andrew? we seemed to have lost touch,
so let us vow and declare to remedy that in the future!
I have retired – last February, and trying come to terms with the change in my life.
Anyway Andrew stay in touch and, as they say “we shall meet again someday”
Just make it soon!!!

You were an exemplary human being, Arthur, and will be sorely missed - rest in peace.

Andrew
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
Henning

Post by Henning »

I am so sorry about this. Last time we met Arthur and Bernadette was at the Toowoomba LC Birthday celebration in 2007. What a shiny person he was with a great smile. RIP, Arthur.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula

Return to “News”