If you want to take this tour, send me an email (not PM) as soon as possible - the reservations will be accepted following the "first-come, first-served" principle. I'm going to post a note here when also our second bus is full (we have a total of 100 pax).
* Guided whole-day bus tour to essential places in Leonard Cohen’s Montreal. Starting time: 10:30 am EST Sunday morning *). Price $45 CAD per person (it's the cost price). The tour will be organized by our Montreal team, Eva Poola & Chris Karl!
• The tour with commentary is centred basically in Downtown Montreal, and covers mainly three areas, which are walkable, but at some distance from each other. The tour will consist primarily of outside visits, since both Leonard's homes are occupied.
• Some of the highlights you will see: Westmount, place of birth, childhood years - McGill University, Downtown haunts - Old Montreal - Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel, Lady of the Harbor and St Lawrence River - Parc du Portugal (Leonard's house) - Westmount Synagogue. Leonard's biographer Sylvie Simmons has promised to join us & sing LC songs
• We don’t go to the Cemetery (it will be best that people do private visits)
• We will have lunch and coffee breaks (not included in the tour price)
• The tour ends late afternoon
* The fee will be collected in October using PayPal. The reservations are binding (no refund), but you can sell/give it to another member if your plans change.
* Max 1 companion per member
*) note that that is the weekend when EDT, Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, November 5, at 2:00 A.M. So you will have one hour extra to sleep.