Leonard Has Passed Away

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
MarieM

Leonard Has Passed Away

Post by MarieM »

It is with great sadness that we must report Leonard passed away on Monday, November 7. As was his wish, he was laid to rest in a quiet and private ceremony in Montreal. Leonard is home again.

We extend our condolences to Adam and Lorca, Leonard's family and his friends.

We believe Leonard's music and poetry will continue to flourish long after his passing. It has been a privilege to have a small part in "keeping his work alive," as he would say. We intend to keep the flame alive and hope your love of his work will continue to be expressed on this Forum.

Please feel free to extend your condolences in this thread and they will be passed along to Leonard's children at a later date.

May G-d bless Leonard Cohen.

Jarkko and Marie
Marie
Speaking Cohen
prokrity

Re: He's Gone

Post by prokrity »

We all knew this day was coming, but I am not at all prepared to take it. Heartbroken and feeling awful. Thank you Leonard, you always give me strength and peace of mind.
blonde madonna

Re: Leonard Has Passed Away

Post by blonde madonna »

This is so sad. My thoughts are with his family and friends who, from what he said at his last public appearance, have provided him with all the love and support he needed.

We have his music and words to console us .... as they have always done.
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Just feeling so sad right now-we honor the life of a magnificent artist and a very good man. Rest In Peace, dear Leonard.

Deep condolences to Adam, Lorca, Leonard's family and friends.
Last edited by Joe Way on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
vickiwoodyard

Post by vickiwoodyard »

Through tears I type these words. Leonard Cohen, the light in so many of our hearts, can never do anything but burn all the brighter now. May we all draw nearer to each other in this light.
prokrity

Post by prokrity »

We all knew this day was coming, but I am not at all prepared to take it. Heartbroken and feeling awful. It is like saying goodbye to a part of you. Thank you Leonard, you always give me strength and peace of mind. I hope you find peace, bliss & tranquility. I also hope your family and friends find the strength to go through this difficult time. Your words and music will live forever. Love.
icecreamtruck

Post by icecreamtruck »

Thank you Leonard. So heartbroken and shocked.
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

I send all my love to his family and friends at this very sad time. He has been a part of my life since 1970 and I am so glad I knew him and his music. Thank you Leonard.
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
confetti

Post by confetti »

So, so sad at this moment for Leonard's family and those closest to him. My heart has broken into a million pieces.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Grifstar

Post by Grifstar »

I am beyond devastated. This amazing man has influenced and touched my life. His music resonates with my very soul. So soon after releasing one of the best albums of his long career. RIP my dear Leonard Cohen you will always be in my heart and your music will continue to play on my stereo right up until the day it is playing at my funeral.
Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Rest in peace beloved Leonard. Thank you for making my life so much richer with your thoughts and music.
greyfeathers

Post by greyfeathers »

Such a gracious presence will be so very much missed by all of us whose soul he touched. Condolences to his family and friends.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

How grateful I am for having known Leonard's songs through all these decades and for still enjoying and being inspired by them to this day. My sympathies to Leonard's family and his countless friends all over the world.
" ........... if one can describe as serious the confused comedy of our lives". Graham Greene, "The Comedians".
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

I was not ready for this. Unbelievably sad this evening.
We will miss you, Leonard.
xxxx
Last edited by joyezekiel on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

How grateful I am for having known Leonard's songs through all these decades and for still enjoying and being inspired by them to this day. My sympathies to Leonard's family and his countless friends all over the world.
" ........... if one can describe as serious the confused comedy of our lives". Graham Greene, "The Comedians".

Return to “News”