Leonard Has Passed Away

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
clionamhic

Re: Leonard Has Passed Away

Post by clionamhic »

Safe home Leonard, a chara. The world (and my life) has been richer for your words and music.
Slán abhaile X
Blulisbeth

Post by Blulisbeth »

Thank you for having been a man in search , for a better humanity and spirituality and having expressed it so well in your songs and poems .I will not have enough of my life to deeply understand them all so I'll stay with you ...
Thank you for the light and thank you for the dark .
Ursara

Post by Ursara »

It was love at first word when I've found my sisters cd I'm your man. I was 13 then. Thank you Mr. Leonard Cohen for 23 happy years. I had the privilige to see you on stage four times, in Lucca, Barcelona, Zagreb and Ljubljana. You will be in my heart forever.
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

My last farewell to Leonard Cohen.
.Now I've heard there was a secret chord.
When I woke up today I heard the news on the radio. Leonard Cohen died in the age of 82 years. I thought one day before, we will hear this news. Now this day has come. Perhaps for all my friends the Leonard Cohen loved a comfort he will be gently asleep.
We will all go one day this way. He left us music and poems and his last CD as a legacy.
May you rest in peace Leonard, hope the journey has been quiet, thank you for the memories.
Tears
david birkett

Post by david birkett »

I'd be grateful to learn about any UK event to commemorate Leonard's passing. It's so shocking, and so cold and strange to be sat at a work desk on a day like this.
The Ogre does what ogres can,
Deeds quite impossible for Man,
But one prize is beyond his reach:
The Ogre cannot master speech.
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

La vie est vaine,
Un peu d’amour,
Un peu de haine,
Et puis—Bonjour!

La vie est brève:
Un peu d’espoir,
Un peu de rève
Et puis—Bon soir!

Goodnight, dear Leonard. Thank you for everything.

Ruth x
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Bec

Post by Bec »

Thank you so much Leonard Cohen for everything you gave. To me, to us all. I love you and always will, as many do, I'm sure. Thank you so much for teaching me about the crack in everything. Your words and voice helped me so much to find the courage and curiosity to live. Your words have been one of the brightest lights comforting me when I was about to give up again.

It is so hard to believe that you are gone. Just knowing you were there somewhere on this ship gave me a feeling of not being alone. I knew you were about to disembark some time not too far and it scared me. The whole ship scares me a lot at this moment.

I will do everything I can to not let the flame you lit be killed. I promise, to you, to me.
Just feeling so in pain right now.

Rest in Peace Leonard Cohen, I will miss you so much.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mannheim & Hamburg 2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
victoriaplum

Post by victoriaplum »

I found out at 5:30am BST. I don't really have words yet, but will definitely come back to write some when I do.
RIP Leonard, as I say - there just are no suitable words yet. :(
Dance me to the end of love
------------------------------------
'Live in London' 2008; Ghent 2012; London 2013.
The Rainman

Post by The Rainman »

So long, Leonard Cohen and many, many thanks. Deepest gratitude for the beauty you created, for the light that you shone into the darkest corners of our existence, for treasured memories, for your humility, grace and nobility. Rest in peace.
blizzard

Post by blizzard »

Thank you, Leonard, for all the songs that have enriched our lives. You will be deeply missed. Rest in Peace.
Mistygris

Post by Mistygris »

I am so shocked at hearing this sad news. My heartfelt condolences to his family - Adam, Lorca, grandchildren and everyone else. His body may have passed away but his memory will live on for ever. THANK YOU Mr Cohen for all the wonderful music and words that you have left us.

I first liked LC before I had even heard of him! A cover of his song "Hey that's no way to say goodbye" sung by Iris Williams in Welsh. By 1973 I was hooked and his music has been with me ever since.
London, 1976. Monaco, 2009.
Frank Van Dael

Post by Frank Van Dael »

A life in art, inspiring and beautiful.
I'm sure you have that treaty with your Lord.
I feel grateful and sad.
So long, Leonard.
(Frank Van Dael)
Alan_1

Post by Alan_1 »

Such sad news.
Leonard will always be remembered for his music and poetry which brought so many people such pleasure.
I was playing Songs from the Road on random play, repeating constantly last night, such a beautiful CD, which always reminds me of the wonderful times I was lucky enough to see Leonard live.
My thoughts are with his family and friends.
RIP Leonard
Last edited by Alan_1 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manchester 18 June 2008
London 02 17 July 2008
Bournemouth 11 November 2008
London 02 21 June 2013
davidmwebb

Post by davidmwebb »

"There are some men who should have mountains to bear their names to time......." Leonard was just such a man.
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

"You will live on for me thank you Leonard for living
G.
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in

Return to “News”